Video Games For Depression

Video Games Depression - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 30th Jun, 2021 - 3:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2017 - 11:12am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Gaming your brain to treat depression

Researchers have found promising results for treating depression with a video game interface that targets underlying cognitive issues associated with depression rather than just managing the symptoms Ref. Source 1z.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Jan, 2017 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Depression Games Video

I don't find that too surprising. I fully expect as VR technology advances that we'll be using it to treat a wide variety of mental issues. There's already been strides made in treating soldiers with PTSD that way.

10th Jan, 2017 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Video Games For Depression Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I feel this makes sense as well, much more so then Depression Quest ever did. Sadly that game was not very well made but with VR perhaps there will be more opportunity for something better.

11th Jan, 2017 - 12:59pm / Post ID: #

Depression Games Video

The brain is an amazing mechanism. Stimulating it in different ways (With light, sound, perceived body movement, emotional stimulation, etc) can evoke completely different responses in different people. It become possible to treat mental disorders with these stimuli by 'tricking' the brain to return to normal or resolve whatever mental dissonance the person is experiencing. I believe that as VR and other technologies advance, we will find new ways to treat many previously untreatable disorders and maybe even diseases.

Post Date: 1st Jun, 2017 - 1:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Depression Games Video

I agree. With a good relaxing game one has been able to manage their stress and even raise there self-esteem. Gaming Tech in general has gotten better and I personally feel it's only going to keep on getting better and better. We just can't give up. Heck Role-Playing games work wonders for those with a need to vent their frustrations. They've helped me keep my cool and not become an unstable being. But that's just my personal opinion and experience. Even without VR, gaming in general has made great strides in helping us out, in the long run.

Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2021 - 11:28am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Boys who play video games have lower depression risk. Boys who regularly play video games at age 11 are less likely to develop depressive symptoms three years later, finds a new study. Source 2g.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Jun, 2021 - 5:42pm / Post ID: #

Video Games Depression

I'm not so sure about this,as a 17 year-old I am aware I spend 65% of my time playing videogames,and don't know about others but videogames are to me as much coping mechanism as an addiction.Each person will react differently to something like videogames,though it still weird that researches indicate young kids who play videogame have lesser risk at depression if its already proven that due to how easy the childish mind can be manipulated,spending all our energy in a fantasy setting projected through a mechanical screen is the reason most of us gamers prefer to bathe ourselves on videogames than actually live our lives.Just because a kid sounds fine and doens't present much difficulty doens't mean that it will stay like that,videogames are entertainment.I entertain myself.People can live off entertainment.But there is no denial that excess and exposure to something that is projected to give you nothing but pleasure in a kid's mind may twist their perspectives,and like in my case,scramble their minds into fiction so much that when they wake up to life it becomes demonically overwhelming,leading to bad things like depression.

30th Jun, 2021 - 3:15pm / Post ID: #

Video Games Depression Computer Issues & Video Gaming

I was fortunate enough to get to write about the benefits of gaming on the psyche for school, I learned more than I expected. From VR for military training and disability assistance to actual game storylines that have undoubtedly shaped a lot of the world's culture. I'd say single player/campaign games are definitely my method of coping, and have been since a young age - explains why I need the prescription strength glasses I do! Ha.

> TOPIC: Video Games For Depression

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,