Islam 101 - Page 7 of 13

Recently certain things occured in the news - Page 7 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 31st Dec, 2004 - 9:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 13 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (13) »
Basic Beliefs Of Islam - Probably one of the most misunderstood religions in the world today largely due to the events of September 11th, but hopefully we can research the truth about Islam here. If you have ever wanted to ask question or were thinking about converting to Islam then ask within this Thread.
5th Dec, 2003 - 6:02am / Post ID: #

Islam 101 - Page 7

I think that if anyone here really desires to understand more about Islam, it may be more productive to visit an Islamic forum.

If someone or I wanted to 'really' wanted to know about Islam then I would visit the local Imam and learn. The purpose of this forum is to merge various groups together. If one has to join specific forums for each learning then it will sure be a time consuming effort. This forum is in fact a test to see if so many can get a long. Indeed it is a reflection of how we are in the real world at times. Let us keep in mind that this is an international forum. Threads are going to be answered by people of different races, religions and backgrounds. Jennifer, your contribution is very good. I look forward to your opinion, especially in the International board where to me the issues are more intense.

Sponsored Links:
5th Dec, 2003 - 2:35pm / Post ID: #

Islam

Jennifer, sorry but I disagree with you in this point:

I think that if anyone here really desires to understand more about Islam, it may be more productive to visit an Islamic forum.

I visit often the same Islamic forum you go to and reading the posts I can say that even though they're all muslims mostly, they differ and disagree in a lot of things, specially in the interpretations of Islam and this is normal, it happens everywhere. I'm sure you are aware of that because I read it everytime I go there. Therefore, how a Islamic forum can really help if the people there also have their own opinions and they're in the same religion?., now don't take me wrong. It happens in ALL religions, what I'm saying just like in the Islamic forum some Muslims are allowed to say that all non-believers should be killed even small children and some Muslims totally disagree with it, here every body share their opinions too but without being rude to each other.
I personally try to understand the Islam in the best way I can, I may be wrong in a lot of things but is not my intention to hurt anybody or to impose my ideas to anybody. We are humans and life is a long process of learning. smile.gif

5th Dec, 2003 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

Islam 101 Islam Studies

Now if this thread is in fact for the purpose of understanding Islam, I do not understand the reason for posts which I think are a bit off topic such as how a certain Christian thinks someone giving in charity should go about doing so. You have many other threads on this board that would perhaps be more appropriate, why not post it there?

Jennifer, the reason for me pursuing such a line of conversation is because I am trying to understand how a member of the Islam faith views such a thing. I hear much of it in the news and so I am trying to understand from a member of the faith how they view this and why a follower of Islam would do it. I can only approach this from my christian view because that is the view I have. I truly do want to understand how someone from an Islamic viewpoint sees it. I am not interested in becoming a member of the Islam faith, but I would like to be sure I do not have ill conceived notions of what an Islamic person does and or why based upon the perceptions given in National Media, which can be biased.

This is something that bothers me about Islamic people and so I was attempting to get an Islamic point of view to help me better understand it. That is all.

Post Date: 5th Dec, 2003 - 3:54pm / Post ID: #

Islam 101
A Friend

Page 7 Islam

Ok you guys, I totally understand what you are saying, and I was not making any comments in an attenpt to slam you or anything like this.

I think it was maybe the admin. that said if someone really wishes to learn about Islam they would go speak with an Imam. Actually, this is something I wish you all would try at least once. It is obvious to me that you do want to understand to some degree the Islamic perspective but you have to realize that on this forum, I am only one person, and this is a big pressure for me, I will be accountable for what I say as I have to be sure I am telling you a truthful answer. Also, if you all did attend at least one open house or whatever type of outreach your local Masjid is offering, you will get so much more useful information than you can get from me on this forum. On the flip side, I have seen many born Muslims who know only Islam come to better understand the Christian point of view from this type of dialogue, this is something I find far more constructive than any forum can offer.

I do disagree that a forum can in any way imitate real life, and when I joined I joined only for the purpose of helping people to better understand Islam insha Allah. For this reason, I am sorry but I do not wish to participate in the inernational threads. I have reviewed them, and I am truly sorry, but I just will not go there. I see no benefit in it.

I would much rather focus my attention on religious issues, and I believe that a sincerly devoted religious person will actually have this devotion spill over into other aspects of their life.

It is my opinion that this thread has gone seriously away from it's intended meaning. I would like to begin a new thread entitled Islam questions and answers or something where if any person has some question it can be posted and insha Allah an answer can be provided. But keep in mind, that I am only one person, and I do not know everything, so your patience will be required as I may need to research some topics, or ask a more knowledgeable person than myself to tell me the answer. The last thing I want is to lead you to believe something that is incorrect. And you may not always like the answers, but please do not tell me this is wrong, or suggest that Islam needs to be in some way reformed. Not only is this not constructive, but Islam cannot be changed. End of story. All we have comes from Allah and His messenger who was sent as a mercy to humankind. I trust these sorces better than I could ever trust the opinion of any human being.

Insha Allah, we have all learned something from this thread. Later on I will try to begin a new one if you think this would be beneficial for everyone. ???

Thank you again all for having me as a guest, and again keep in mind that I am only one person, and if I feel at some point that this is going nowhere, then I have no choice but to leave it. And this is nothing personal. May Peace be upon you,
~Jennifer

5th Dec, 2003 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

Islam

Jennifer, actually if this thread is going offtopic it is because you are personalizing it too much. You can see that by the amount of times you use the word 'I'. This is NOT about you or the fact that you are muslim. We know you are the only one active Muslim here, but you are not the only Muslim on this forum.

I am very aware of the beliefs of Islam, 25% of my nation is Islamic, muslims tried to take over our government already, I live two blocks away from one of the biggest mosques in Trinidad, but this does not mean we cannot discuss issues and concepts on disagreeable terms, you cannot expect everyone to just be accepting.

I do agree that you should start a new thread and that way you can control and lead the conversation the way you intend it.

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2003 - 3:33am / Post ID: #

Islam 101
A Friend

Islam 101

Thank you, but with all due respect, I feel you are being unfair, if you look at ANY members post, you will find that they use the word I just as often as me, why single me out? and I apologize, I (there it is again) did not realize that stating my point of view would lead to this. I'm sorry to see that, I really am.

And no, I (oh another one, sorry) am not saying that everyone should automatically be accepting of what I say. But I do wish that when I state my point of view others will not tell me it should be changed for reasons I have already mentioned.

Again not trying to argue, but I do not understand why you are telling me this. I am not entitled to state my opinion on this forum?

There are other Muslims on this forum, ask them to contribute. As for myself, I am sorry, but no thanks. I (oops!) have seen enough now. And perhaps you dont realize it, but as Muslims we have to do a lot of outreach, and to be honest, I guess there are better ways to go about accomplishing that, and I prefer to focus on those.

May Allah be with those who are guided, and Peace and best wishes to you all,
~Jenifer

times I used the word "I': 15 total, 16 if you count this sentance.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Dec, 2003 - 3:51am / Post ID: #

Islam 101 - Page 7

I have always found sarcasm to be the lowest form of humor and misunderstanding to be a ###### in one's side. Let us rest this thread and the next poster start new with the original subject.

31st Dec, 2004 - 9:26pm / Post ID: #

Islam 101 Studies Islam - Page 7

Recently certain things occured in the news that makes you wonder if Islam is really broadcast by a few, but has a deeper meaning to many. Look at some of these:

1. A muslim boy wants to have a look like Tom Cruise

2. Some Muslims in the Middle East are happy because some of their enemies died

3. Iran accepts help from the US along with other Muslim countries that are supposedly anti-West and anti-US.

4. Some Muslims throw rocks and shoes at the Egyptian Minister (also a Muslim)

> TOPIC: Islam 101

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,