Islam 101 - Page 8 of 13

QUOTE Perhaps that is because the media only - Page 8 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 17th Apr, 2004 - 1:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 13 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (13) »
Basic Beliefs Of Islam - Probably one of the most misunderstood religions in the world today largely due to the events of September 11th, but hopefully we can research the truth about Islam here. If you have ever wanted to ask question or were thinking about converting to Islam then ask within this Thread.
29th Feb, 2004 - 1:41pm / Post ID: #

Islam 101 - Page 8

I recently came across this website:
https://www.mosque.com/

It purports to be the largets Muslim website, and is opposed to the "Wahab" cult of Islam. I have only started to read it, but it does look quite interesting so far.

I hope to learn a bit more about Sufi, which is a sect of Islam, and appears to be more focused on the mystical and peaceful aspects of the religion.

NightHawk

Sponsored Links:
16th Apr, 2004 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

Islam

Well, here is another little bit of information about how the culture of Islam appears in Western countries. This time it is England.

I recall one conversation I had with Abdul and Jalaal in a Whitechapel cafe. As we sat there, I felt as if we could almost have been brothers. Like me, they were of Bangladeshi origin and in their mid-twenties. But when I asked them about their opinions of September 11 and the recent Madrid bombings, I realised that we were polar opposites. "Whether it be through a bomb on a train or a natural disaster... Muslims are always happy to see the enemies of Allah being killed," suggested the stern-faced Jalaal. His al-Muhajiroun sidekick Abdul nodded in agreement. They were an almost comical double act - had it not been for their bloodthirsty views.

The author of this article makes some extremely good points, writing from inside the culture.

Personally, I think that if the type of activity and philosophy that the author describes isn't nipped in the bud by the Muslims that it will lead to open cultural warfare within the West.

16th Apr, 2004 - 8:02pm / Post ID: #

Islam 101 Islam Studies

But doesn't this applies with all religions?. If somebody chats with a guy who call himself an LDS active member and the guys smokes, drinks and talks evil about the Prophet and other religions, isn't it possible for somebody to think that ALL LDS members are like him?. So what I'm saying is that maybe some muslims feel happy about the killing of 'non-believers' but it doesn't necessarily shown the majority opinion of muslims. undecided.gif

17th Apr, 2004 - 2:35am / Post ID: #

Page 8 Islam

The author of the article is Muslim. That is why he wrote it the way he did, and he was very concerned about the attitudes that he was seeing. He referenced many conversations that he had, the particular one that I quoted was just the most graphic.

It wasn't an isolated conversation.

17th Apr, 2004 - 2:53am / Post ID: #

Islam

So do you think most Muslims feel the same way?. Some of them are very direct in their views and others seem not to agree with those views, in my opinion, as any other religion it would be an 'official' position.

17th Apr, 2004 - 11:10am / Post ID: #

Islam 101

I think that for the most part the only Muslims I have seen not openly admit to believing in Jihad and also acknowledging that western civilization is considered the enemy come from the US. It makes me wonder if they aren't fooling themselves about what it really means to be Muslim.

In fact, there was a lot of reporting shortly after 9/11 in the states about how the Muslim leaders in the US never fully came out against what had happened in an "official" statement as a religious leader of the Muslim community. Individually people were shocked and opposed to what had happened, but as leader in the Muslim community, no one would come right out and condemn the acts.

I think one of the issues is that there is some kind of unwritten rule that says you don't criticize other Muslims openly. We used to have a poster here on this thread who seemed to believe that herself as a Muslim.

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 17th Apr, 2004 - 11:12am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Apr, 2004 - 12:19pm / Post ID: #

Islam 101 - Page 8

Perhaps one of the problems, looking at it from outside, is that there doesn't seem to be any "authorities" to make things official.

Therefore you have conflicting "fatwas" coming from various authorities.

One interesting thing I have noticed is that many, many of the fatwas appear to call for violence in one form or another. Perhaps that is because the media only reports the violent ones.

17th Apr, 2004 - 1:53pm / Post ID: #

Islam 101 Studies Islam - Page 8

Perhaps that is because the media only reports the violent ones.

Excellent point. I have noticed that often the press seems to choose a side and then report the facts to back up their position. Not exactly false reporting, but certainly less than unbiased. I know this is true in the US, and quite likely around the world general.

> TOPIC: Islam 101

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,