Islam 101 - Page 9 of 13

It is comforting to know that not all muslims - Page 9 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 4th May, 2004 - 8:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 13 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 
Basic Beliefs Of Islam - Probably one of the most misunderstood religions in the world today largely due to the events of September 11th, but hopefully we can research the truth about Islam here. If you have ever wanted to ask question or were thinking about converting to Islam then ask within this Thread.
Post Date: 25th Apr, 2004 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

Islam 101
A Friend

Islam 101 - Page 9

here we go im a muslim and so if u wondering about anything plz just ask, because i know alot of people misunderstand islam and most of these people are muslims themselves, in my country some islamic group have held candels in the air for 2.5 mins in memorial of the victims in 9/11 so not every muslim is a jihadist!!!!!!

Sponsored Links:
25th Apr, 2004 - 8:24pm / Post ID: #

Islam

Oh, I agree completely that not all Muslims are jihadists. My greatest desire is to hear an overwhelming condemnation from the Muslim world against the violent terrorist activities of the "few". Unfortunately, I hear very little condemnation, and lots of support for those who would gladly destroy all of Western civilization.

It is interesting that you should bring up jihadists, as there is an interesting article in the Los Angeles Times. Click here for the article (requires registration).
Jihad Hits Home in Saudi Arabia
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Abdelaziz Raikhan was fuming Saturday, standing alongside his pickup and surveying the abandoned shops and blasted apartment buildings of downtown, a zone still littered with twisted cars and chunks of rubble from the suicide bombing of a police headquarters.

"They're mentally ill, this crowd," he said of the Islamic militants who killed at least five people and wounded 148 on Wednesday. Raikhan, 30, works as a maintenance man for the Saudi security forces; luckily, he was on the other side of town when his office was blown up.

"There's not one American in this entire area," he said, sweeping an arm to take in a neighborhood eerily still, its streets laced with police tape. "Not one! What kind of jihad is this?"

There is much more. Through it all, a major theme is that since the terrorist attack wasn't aimed at Jews or Americans, it wasn't justified.

Do you really wonder why we are worried about radical Muslims?

Reconcile Edited: Nighthawk on 25th Apr, 2004 - 8:33pm

25th Apr, 2004 - 8:28pm / Post ID: #

Islam 101 Islam Studies

in memorial of the victims in 9/11 so not every muslim is a jihadist!!!!!!

Yes, most of us here believe this, we know that there are zealots (as in every religion) that take things to the extreme and to the point that it no longer has anything to do with religious beliefs but political. I think the main study at the moment is the difference between muslims who have varying beliefs because of their Imams and there isn't a major leader of all or central leader. I live in a country where there are Islamic holidays and traditions.

Post Date: 30th Apr, 2004 - 11:16am / Post ID: #

Islam 101
A Friend

Page 9 Islam

QUOTE (Nighthawk @ 26-Apr 04, 4:24 AM)
Oh, I agree completely that not all Muslims are jihadists. My greatest desire is to hear an overwhelming condemnation from the Muslim world against the violent terrorist activities of the "few". Unfortunately, I hear very little condemnation, and lots of support for those who would gladly destroy all of Western civilization.

Nighthawk, it is not fair to say that. The whole world including the Muslim world stood solidly behind the US in the aftermath of 9/11. The Muslim world was just as shocked and aghasted as the rest of the world at what happened. They threw their support behind the US in the 'war on terrorism'. It was Bush and his team who squandered world support, not just from the Muslim world but from the world at large by disengaging themselves from the UN and world opinion. It is Bush and his team who took it upon themselves to be judge, jury and executioner of the Palestinian issue.

Take a step back and look ...... there are still a majority of Muslim countries who are friendly and want to remain friendly to the US, but they may not agree totally with its policies. That should be okay, just like you do not expect yourself to be a yes-man to your government regardless of whether your own personal rights have been infringed upon or not.

30th Apr, 2004 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #

Islam

Perhaps it is a matter of different news coverage in the US than the rest of the world, but here in the US, we didn't see a lot of condemnation for what was done on 9/11 by Muslims. Support and saying outright in no uncertain terms that it shouldn't have been done are two different things. In fact, I remember seeing images on TV of Muslims in some Middle Eastern country dancing in the streets for joy over what happened.

I agree some Muslim nations governments may have been supportive, but what I think Nighthawk means and what I never saw was the Muslim religious leaders saying outright -- "this is wrong."

30th Apr, 2004 - 1:24pm / Post ID: #

Islam 101

Tenaheff is completely right. What is worse, is that here, in the Detroit area, there is a very large Arab Muslim community. On the afternoon of 9/11, there was dancing in the streets of Dearborn, Michigan. And not a single Muslim cleric denounced it in Michigan, that I can remember. In fact, at least two, including one in the community where I live, have been charged with providing funds and support for the terrorist organizations.

If there has been any condemnation of the violence, by clerics, or even the common members of the Muslim community, it has been extremely muted. I have yet to hear a single denouncement, by a cleric, of the Palestinian homicide/suicide bombers, for murdering little children.

Reconcile Edited: Nighthawk on 30th Apr, 2004 - 1:24pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th May, 2004 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #

Islam 101
A Friend

Islam 101 - Page 9

Im a religious muslim and i dont like binladen he is giving us a badname and also 9/11 wasnt an event that i was happy about, in my school we stood a 2 min silent for 9/11 victims and some muslims refused and walked about but me and a couple others stayed and we stood for these 2 mins,

it wasnt an act to represent muslims, it was a stupid thing to do !

4th May, 2004 - 8:24pm / Post ID: #

Islam 101 Studies Islam - Page 9

It is comforting to know that not all muslims think all US Americans are better off dead. I am curious though. From your point of view, why would your friends refuse to join in the moment of silence and why would they want us all dead. As a US American, I can say, I would get no pleasure or joy out of the death of any Muslim. I don't understand why anyone would find it a cause for celebration when another human is killed, especially a non-combatant civilian. Even if you think acts of terror are necessary in your cause, why would it be reason for celebration. I don't think, in conventional warfare, the soldiers cheer and dance in the streets after they have a battle where they have killed many. They do it as a necessary part of war, but I don't understand the mentality that celebrates the human loss of life.

+  « First of 13 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 

> TOPIC: Islam 101

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,