Are Masons Christians? - Page 3 of 3

I will agree with the other Brothers that - Page 3 - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 10th Nov, 2010 - 6:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
10th Nov, 2010 - 6:50pm / Post ID: #

Are Masons Christians? - Page 3

I will agree with the other Brothers that have posted before me about one's involvement in Freemasonry. It is not a religion at all, you do have to believe in higher power, you also have to be a patriot you have to love your country and cannot be involved in anything to undermine it. Freemasonry looks to bring men together of good moral character and make them better, to be more concerned with helping your fellow man than being the usually selfish person that is so commonly found. There always is a huge stink about the oaths that we take before being accepted into the brotherhood and that how can you swear to not tell a secret when you don't know what it is. I don't know about you but would you feel comfortable telling someone something that you did not want to be shared without first securing there word about its continued secrecy? I wouldn't that's for sure. They also are so concerned with the fact that we take oaths and how the bible says to not take an oath but they conveniently forget that they took an oath when they got married and it also involved not knowing what all was involved in its taking. When you say for better or worse you sure don't know what the worse could ever be but are promising to be with that person through it. They must not consider swearing an oath at court to be a problem or pledging allegiance to the flag either. Something that is often blown out of proportion is the fact of us calling the leader of the lodge the worshipful master and how its inappropriate but don't realize that its a title of respect and how they have to address a judge as his honor. Most of the misconceptions about Freemasonry are just regurgitated blather that has been spewed for decades and peoples own fear of the unknown. Anyone who is interested in freemasonry should search out a mason and ask him or failing that search for the website that has masonic info in its address, I have found that site to be very informative for people with questions and it also helped me with some questions when I was first considering become one. If anyone has any questions I can answer them to the best of my ability within the restraints of my oaths.

Sponsored Links:
+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Are Masons Christians?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,