The Most Violent Religion - Page 14 of 16

In a lot of ways, depending on how you count - Page 14 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 27th Nov, 2017 - 7:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 16 pgs.  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 
With the recent turn of events people are quick to point to one religion for war, but looking at history should we be so quick to point fingers? Predators using Religion to wage war and agression.
27th Nov, 2017 - 3:39pm / Post ID: #

The Most Violent Religion - Page 14

The question of this topic is not a moral one as you are focusing on. As I understand it the original poster is asking which of these religions had the most violent past.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Nov, 2017 - 4:22pm / Post ID: #

The Most Violent Religion
A Friend

Religion Violent The

I really don't know. While today it is Islam far and away Christianity did have many murders committed in the past. I have no idea how the numbers compare.

That really doesn't concern me. The most violent religion today is what concerns me due to centuries ago having no direct impact on today. Islam is by far the most violent religion currently. Most Muslims aren't violent but there is a moderate sized subset that believes in a violent interpretation of the Koran. The difference to me is that while Christianity has a New Testament and has gotten away from violence Islam has no such thing. There are verses in the Quran that do call for the murder of infidels that don't convert. There is no subsequent text to offset that.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th Nov, 2017 - 4:23pm

27th Nov, 2017 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #

The Most Violent Religion Beliefs Religious General

Kyrroeth is focusing on the text that makes violent believers do what they do but she seems to forget that modern day Christian violence came after the pages of the New Testament as well as before.

Even before Islam the Jews under King David cleared whole civilizations according to God's will as they interpreted it.

I do agree that the most violent religion now is most likely fundamental extremist Muslims, I do not want to blanket it by simply saying "Islam" although many in Islam do see violence as the necessary order of things even if they do not partake in it personally.

Post Date: 27th Nov, 2017 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 14 Religion Violent The

I am different in some ways as I view no religion as being violent at all. You have to look at the religions as a whole and see that they all basically preach the same principles and have pretty much the same figures at the head of them. All the violence that has occurred under a religious name is from men who are looking for any excuse to promote their violent tendencies. This is not a religious issue this is a man issue. But them again that is just my opinion.

27th Nov, 2017 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #

Religion Violent The

I don't know about that. There are religious texts in the Koran, Bible and Torah that explicitly state it is OK to kill because that is God's will so its not simply an option of men as you are putting it - its an order from deity as they see it.

Post Date: 27th Nov, 2017 - 5:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Murders in the name of Christianity did happen after the New Testamenf was written. The New Testament doesn't call for that though. Christians believe that they are to follow the New Testament t and not the teachings of the Old Testament. Jesus is the heart of the New Testament and he preached to love your neighbor as yourself. There are no verses in the New Testament that calling for kilimg those that do not believe. People that try to use Christianity to justify must twist verses or follow strictly what most Christians believe does not apply to them. There is no need to do that in Islam.

Islam has no such verses. There is no newer text that supersedes per se the scriptures commanding death to infidels.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th Nov, 2017 - 5:43pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Nov, 2017 - 5:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Violent Religion - Page 14

Yes Like I said it is a excuse for violent men to kill others because they view that their god is telling them to. Written words can not compel a person to do something unless they are looking for a reason to be violent. I do not see their god whispering in their ears telling them to go kill others.

Post Date: 27th Nov, 2017 - 7:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Violent Religion General Religious Beliefs - Page 14

In a lot of ways, depending on how you count it, Islam has proven to be the most violent of the Abrahamic religions. Whether by total number of verses that promote the death of others, or by the actual deaths caused in the name said religion, Islam is the winner by a multiple. Judiac teaching mention historical events of conquest and devastation done in the name of that religion, as does the New Testament, but only the Quran actually commands that - as the perfect man Muhammad did - you should kill infidels and nonbelievers. Of the 613 commandments in the Torah, only 9 denote death as a punishment for crimes, although none of these commandments have been enforced for many decades. In the Christian religion there are 10 additional death penalties with ditto for enforcement. In the Quran there are 109 verses that directly refer to killing or death of those opposing Islam. Islam also preaches in the fundamentalist mosques that the only true Muslims are those who follow all the verses, and these Imams espouse death to non-Muslims regularly. With the advent of the internet and video recordings, evidence of these kinds of preachings are coming out and regular charges are being laid in many countries.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 27th Nov, 2017 - 7:27pm

+  « First of 16 pgs.  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 

> TOPIC: The Most Violent Religion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,