The Most Violent Religion - Page 15 of 16

What about the conquistadors who went up and - Page 15 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 27th Nov, 2017 - 11:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 16 pgs.  11 12 13 14 15 16 
With the recent turn of events people are quick to point to one religion for war, but looking at history should we be so quick to point fingers? Predators using Religion to wage war and agression.
27th Nov, 2017 - 7:36pm / Post ID: #

The Most Violent Religion - Page 15

Kyrroeth, I don't know… while Jesus did try to be a peacemaker Paul and John do bring back an element of violence or expected violence through Revelations, etc.

Kntoran, well of course, that is part of religion. You cannot separate the two. A religion does not exist unless there are people there to believe in it. So saying that you do not think there are religions that teach violence is to discount those that are part of that religion.

Gknightbc, in these days yes I can agree with that but in the Old Testament the prophets commanded the killing of many not even babies or animals were shown mercy. There was even one instance where a Jewish king tried to save some of the babies captured by the enemy and when the prophet at the time saw this he came himself and killed the babies. That wasn't Islam doing it, it wasn't even around yet.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Nov, 2017 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

The Most Violent Religion
A Friend

Religion Violent The

Yes I do discount those who are violent and use what ever they can find to cause violence towards others. We should be spending more money on getting off this rock than trying to fight those that who use religion or any other means as a way to cause violence towards others. If we all got along there would be use for people like me.

Post Date: 27th Nov, 2017 - 9:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Most Violent Religion Beliefs Religious General

Comparing what happened centuries ago to current events and attacks is disingenuous, since both Judiasm and Christianity have evolved beyond the barbarities practiced in their holy books. Islam, at this time, still promotes it's violence daily. Even among their own believers, the terrorism encompasses sect versus sect, innocent victims of all ages dying.

27th Nov, 2017 - 9:35pm / Post ID: #

Page 15 Religion Violent The

BUT which one seems to have been the MOST violent in its actions?
This is the questions though many great debates have been made here. I personally feel based on the old testament and the movement of the Egypt to the new lands (Promised lands) along with the crusades make the Christianity worse then the Jewish and likely far worse then any existing today.

When they came out of the desert the death tolls in the city were by the hundreds of thousands from what I understood. Modern history the Germans I think under Hitler's Nazi movement would be the worst. Just think of all the death camps and that he started WWII.

27th Nov, 2017 - 10:37pm / Post ID: #

Religion Violent The

Finally someone who understands the premise of this whole topic. Thank you Krakyn. This is not a comparison of old and new or the morals that exist between men and God. This is about which one religion based on its WHOLE history is the most violent. To just use what is experienced today in a matter of a few decades cannot take away CENTURIES of violence where religions wiped out whole civilizations. ISIS / Al Qaeda and the rest do some bad damage but have they wiped out a civilization?

Post Date: 27th Nov, 2017 - 11:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What about the expansion of Islam immediately after the death of Mohammed? They conquered by the sword from India to a good portion of Spain. I have no idea how many died or became slaves but it was more than just a few.

Once again, I don't care about the total throughout history. What happens today is what matters to us. If Isis and Al-Queda had the strength we would be forced to convert or die here. This is an example of once again putting down Christianity and Judaism for violence committed centuries ago as a way to say that Islamic extremist violence isn't that bad in comparison. Hello, this is 2017. I don't see Christians throwing homosexuals off buildings as a result of their "Crime."

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th Nov, 2017 - 11:04pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Nov, 2017 - 11:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Violent Religion - Page 15

So what we are talking about here is not the amount of destruction - ie people killed, cities destroyed, etc., - but rather the overall history of destruction. Islam has a history of only 1400 years, Christianity 2000 and Judiasm 5600. By proportion, therefore, Islam still wins the debate. If Islam had 5600 years of doing the same methods they have used in the past 1400, they would be considered by far the most violent. Documentation has shown that, as a direct cause, Islam is responsible for the deaths of over 300M-500M+ people historically with up to 85M in India alone. Judaism is approximated at being responsible for between 2M-4M, and Christianity is tagged for between 11M-17M. Remember, however, that as we travel back further in history, the greater the effect of a single death has upon the world's population. Percentage wise, the deaths from Jewish wars 5000 years ago we higher than those caused by Islamic wars more recently.
Based upon what occurs in each religions historical texts, there are four specific mentions of actual wars - not just battles - in which the Jewish forces slaughter their enemies mercilessly. In the New Testament, there is no mention of a single battle other than personal ones. The Quran provides many rules of war and how to battle the kaffir, but only one actual battle recorded therein. The histories of Muhammed's life are rife with the wars he waged and the way he ruled. So, going by just the various holy books, the the Quran is a book filled with how-tos of war, the Torah has historical data about wars and the Christian section has no mention of war.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 27th Nov, 2017 - 11:07pm

27th Nov, 2017 - 11:23pm / Post ID: #

The Violent Religion General Religious Beliefs - Page 15

What about the conquistadors who went up and down the Americas killing hundreds of millions of natives in the name of Christianity and gold of course. Many nations have been lost since the white men came here. This is one of the reasons we refuse Columbus day.

+  « First of 16 pgs.  11 12 13 14 15 16 

> TOPIC: The Most Violent Religion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,