The Most Violent Religion - Page 16 of 16

I say all the monotheistic religions are violent - Page 16 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 5th Mar, 2024 - 8:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 16 pgs.  12 13 14 15 16 
With the recent turn of events people are quick to point to one religion for war, but looking at history should we be so quick to point fingers? Predators using Religion to wage war and agression.
Post Date: 27th Nov, 2017 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

The Most Violent Religion
A Friend

The Most Violent Religion - Page 16

Chief, while there is no doubt the invaders of the Americas did severe damage to the natives, it had very little to nothing to do with religion, and highly due to greed for all the resources that were here. I don't think it qualifies as deaths from religion as a direct cause. Otherwise we'd be able to lay WWI and WWII at the feet of one religion or another. WWI was a direct response to the expansionism and rule of the Ottoman empire, which was a Muslim empire. WWII could be laid at Christianities feet, by similar lights, but both wars were fought more for survival than religion.

Sponsored Links:
29th Nov, 2017 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

Religion Violent The

Gknightbc I think your right in laying the World Wars at Christianities feet, and not being included here for the purpose of this discussion as it was about personal ideology of Hitler.

I will give this quote from a speak he gave in 1922 to back this up.

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."

Yes he seen himself as the christian warrior but the fight was based on his thoughts of the Jews and the depression of Germany after WWI.

29th Nov, 2017 - 5:01am / Post ID: #

The Most Violent Religion Beliefs Religious General

It would be easy, for me to say that Islam would appear to be the most violent religion. The doctrine of the Jihad, filled with violence.
In some Muslim countries the punishment for embracing the Christian faith, can be death by public execution. In other countries it could mean a life of isolation and ostracism.
Even to discard Islam for another faith, or no faith, is a serious crime. But are all Muslims, practitioners of violence? Of course not, and neither is everyone else who follows a particular religious group.

But, sadly violence has still continued by individuals today, who under the masquerade of religion and God.
It isn't the religion itself, but individuals that have tarnished, and abused it for their own ends.

Hitler, as mentioned earlier thought of himself as a Christian warrior, in defending against the Jews.
Then we have the so called Christian crusaders, where Christian knights waged war against Islam.
The three day war of butchery at Jerusalem, where a conservative figure of 10,000 men, women and children were killed in the name of Christianity.

But we need to develop a more healthier response, to violence. Instead of looking back at religions failure in the past, and doing the blame game.
So instead of taring all Muslims, or Christians with the same brush. Try and bridge the divide, with peace, instead of war, love instead of hate.

Reconcile Edited: anronrosby on 29th Nov, 2017 - 5:09am

5th Mar, 2024 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

Page 16 Religion Violent The

I say all the monotheistic religions are violent in their ways, for example look at the middle east. The Abrahamic tribes have been at each others throats since before their conception. Thats why we need to go back to our Pagan roots, hail Zeus hail Odin, in a modern take though.

> TOPIC: The Most Violent Religion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,