The Most Violent Religion - Page 3 of 16

why do the muslims like violence so much? - Page 3 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 12th Jun, 2003 - 4:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (16) »
With the recent turn of events people are quick to point to one religion for war, but looking at history should we be so quick to point fingers? Predators using Religion to wage war and agression.
15th Apr, 2003 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

The Most Violent Religion - Page 3

I think it doesn't matter in religion if you are a violent person. It is just the way you see the world.

I am not sure if I understand this statement. Please elaborate.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th May, 2003 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #

The Most Violent Religion
A Friend

Religion Violent The

I don't believe that any religon teaches violence. the only thing that teaches violence is violence its self!
some violent people use religon as an excus to justify there behavior some may even dilude themselves into thinking that they are not violent so when they beleive that they are doing no wrong they see themselves as inocent they are psycotic, and need to studdy there religons more! and most importantly "understand" and learn human morals...
these violent people and "other" violent people may use other excuses to justify there violent behavior not just religon..for example politics ana palamilitry justifys imoral behavior "sometimes"... and school bullies can often find any single excuse..but this is going off the topic!

Post Date: 7th May, 2003 - 9:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Most Violent Religion Beliefs Religious General

"Religious people" but not religons can get violent, when "religious" people try to control other people in the world by preaching what they believe to be the right religon, they want everyone else to also follow them, and if no one else believes there opinion then they start to get aggressive!
They  have a strong opinion and corage in there belief which is a good thing to have...but it shouldnt get to the point were you want everyone else to also do the same, and if they dont you feel angry and as if you have to preach to them and make them believe what you believe! this is the wrong attitude.
Then you have some other religious people who only want the right to practice there religon, they have lived under opression all there lives and just want freadom to practice there believes. These people do not try to make the world believe what they believe they try to live in peace with other people but they dont have the freadom to practice what they want and get fed up and feel as if they have to defend there rights so they get aggressive.

Then theres another set of people who find that they get influenced by other peoples religons so they blame this on the other religons rather on a weekness within themselves, they find it easier to be violent rather then interact and start to follow the bad influences of the other people, this is very bad!!!!

7th May, 2003 - 9:05pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Religion Violent The

I don't believe that any religon teaches violence. the only thing that teaches violence is violence its self!

Very good, I think you are on the right track so far.

Then theres another set of people who find that they get influenced by other peoples religons so they blame this on the other religons rather on a weekness within themselves, they find it easier to be violent rather then interact and start to follow the bad influences of the other people, this is very bad!!!!

Also very true!

[offtopic]You may want to update your profile by filling in everything to get rid of the frog.[/offtopic]

Post Date: 30th May, 2003 - 2:35am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Religion Violent The

The way I see it, Islamic fundamentalism is the most violent (not pure Islam mind you but the Bin Ladin types)

It is true that Jews have been violent in the past, Christians have been violent in the past, but that is history, what about right now?  India is Hindu, they get along with everyone else, I don't shirk the thought of having a hindu in my airplain when I fly. Unfortunatly I have to second guess myself if I was near a muslim.  Does India have problems with it's other neighbors to make it a valid accusation of being "violent"

Israel is actually a peaceful country, till they get attacked.  Jews are easy guys to get along with.

I could walk in India, I could walk in Taiwan, China, or any of the Christian base countries of Europe and feel somewhat confident.  Right now I would not walk in Saudi Arabia, I would quiver if I were in Egypt, or even Pakistan.  Not because of muslims mind you but because of the fanatics that hold it hostage.  Unfortunatly I don't really know how to tell the difference so if I find myself shirking I pray so that I won't be so judgemental.  

I really don't think this poll is fair either, to be honest.  There is a freak in every church and in every center of worship.  I don't consider violent Christians real Christians, does anyone else?  

30th May, 2003 - 6:28am / Post ID: #

It is true that Jews have been violent in the past, Christians have been violent in the past, but that is history, what about right now?

That is the whole point, you are trying to focus on exactly what the poll does NOT want to focus on, right now. Most violent refers from Adam til now and not just this period of time. If you think about it, Islam is actually a fairly new religion considering the other names have a longer period of history.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th May, 2003 - 11:48am / Post ID: #

The Violent Religion - Page 3

The way I see it, Islamic fundamentalism is the most violent (not pure Islam mind you but the Bin Ladin types)  

I don't think there is such a thing as Islamic fundamentalism, I think such a word is an insult for the Muslim Community. Bin Laden type of 'creature' ARE NOT muslims, despites of what they say....those people are 'fanatics' or 'crazy' or whatever you want to call them but they're far from what the Islam really teaches. If not look at the example of what they call 'Mormon Fundamentalists'. Pres. Hinckley said there is not such a thing, even though this people consider themselves 'mormons'. So in my opinion or you're a Muslim and follow the rules or you're not. In this case, those crazy terrorists are not muslims, they pretend to be and that's why all this confusion is going on.

Israel is actually a peaceful country, till they get attacked.  Jews are easy guys to get along with.

My country, Argentina, is the second country in the world after the USA with more jews living outside Israel. Most of my college friends were jews, I have met great jews and others not so nice. But I don't think is a matter whether they're jews, muslims, or mormons. It's the same to me. But I do not agree with the point of that they're peaceful people. I have heard them speaking with such a hate and violence that they're far from peaceful to me.

I don't consider violent Christians real Christians, does anyone else?

Yes, I don't consider violent people Christians, I cannot even call them 'Violent Christians' there are not such a thing. We follow the example of JesusChrist the most peaceful man who ever walk on this earth.

Post Date: 12th Jun, 2003 - 4:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Violent Religion General Religious Beliefs - Page 3

why do the muslims like violence so much? everytime i see the news its always the people who are muslims holding guns and bombs.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (16) »

> TOPIC: The Most Violent Religion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,