The Most Violent Religion - Page 4 of 16

QUOTE (Viking @ 14-Feb 04, 12:13 AM) I think - Page 4 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 17th Feb, 2004 - 9:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (16) »
With the recent turn of events people are quick to point to one religion for war, but looking at history should we be so quick to point fingers? Predators using Religion to wage war and agression.
12th Jun, 2003 - 7:25pm / Post ID: #

The Most Violent Religion - Page 4

why do the muslims like violence so much?

I don't think it would be fair to say ALL Muslims like violence. I believe there are a few with a lot of say because they hold a gun and a bomb, but that does not make Islam a bad religion. These zealots use Islam as a 'reason' to fulfill their own ambitions. Any study of the Quran would show that Peace is its' main cause.

Sponsored Links:
12th Jun, 2003 - 8:58pm / Post ID: #

Religion Violent The

@mystic I think is a very unfair statement. Muslims are not violent people. I'm not a Muslim but I do know that the Islam do not teach people to kill and put bombs. Those muslims who do it it's because they make their own interpretation of the Islam and they cannot call themselves 'Muslims' because they're not. I agree with JB when he refers to these criminals like they use the Islam for their own selfish and evil purposes but the Islam is a religion that teaches love. 'To kill one innocent is to kill the whole humanity' the Islam says.

Post Date: 13th Jun, 2003 - 7:05pm / Post ID: #

The Most Violent Religion
A Friend

The Most Violent Religion Beliefs Religious General

This is a tough call, but to name one specific religion as the most violent, is difficult.  Over the centuries there have been many different religions that have fought in wars, for their beliefs.  Unfortunately, they were probably misguided.  It all boils down to how people interpret what they read in their Bibles or other religious books that other religions read.  Many times, the passages are just misinterpreted.  Manipulated for someone's personal vendetta or cause.

Post Date: 12th Aug, 2003 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 4 Religion Violent The

Your Religion: Latter-Day Saint

This is a difficult topic because it is after all opinion and each opinion is biased by what facts it may have access to.  It's even limited by what you define as violence.  Do you include only war and destruction or any act of aggression against a human being.  Then consider there are so many sects within the major religious class that it is difficult to judge the class as a whole.

I ended up voting for Islam - not just for the long history of warfare but for how women are treated in some Muslim countries.

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2003 - 3:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Religion Violent The

Okay, i would have to say that Islam in current day, would have to be the most violent Religion.  Not all of them though, there are alot of really nice and peaceful Islamic people.  There are just some that make their religion look really bad through Radical actions.  Same can go for Christanity though, we are the only people who had the nerve to kill our savior.

If you look at any war out there, it was most likely caused by a difference in religion.  It could be Catholic and Christianity, or Jews and Nazis.  Jews still being a form of Christianity.  The war on Iraq could be considered a war of Western Religions like Catholism and Christianity verses Islam.   Thats how many people of iraq saw the war.  I ended up voting christianity.

Post Date: 14th Nov, 2003 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

A recent poll showed that most people believed that world violence and terrorism is not the result of religion.  Find out more HERE.

Its not the result but part of it. Violence is part of human behaviour (and build-in by God). Terrorism today is mainly generated by the USA , Japan and the EU, because of domination of the marked. We allow to have millions of people hungry and dying.  I dont believe it is the cause - but the excuse.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Feb, 2004 - 5:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Violent Religion - Page 4

Having traveled a good part of the world I can honestly believe that religion plays the most part in terrorism. Not the religion itself but the fundamentalism part of it. Yes, there is such a thing as fundamentalism and EVERY religion has it. Whether you believe it or not, its there. Granted these people may not truly be Christian or Mulsim or Hindu, but they are part of that religion and they are fundamentalists. Christian fundamentalists are no less of a threat than Muslim or Islamic fundamentalists.
I think however the question would be better stated as "What religious faith has a higher violent activity?" and not what religion is the most violent. But going back through history, Christianity without a doubt has the most violent activity in it.

17th Feb, 2004 - 9:53pm / Post ID: #

The Violent Religion General Religious Beliefs - Page 4

QUOTE (Viking @ 14-Feb 04, 12:13 AM)
I think however the question would be better stated as "What religious faith has a higher violent activity?" and not what religion is the most violent. But going back through history, Christianity without a doubt has the most violent activity in it.

I doubt that assertion, very much.

The Crusades, for example, were an attempt to TAKE BACK the lands that were taken, by violence, by the Muslims.

Islam was spread, by the sword (violence) from the Atlantic (Spain and North Africa) to the Pacific (Indonesia).

I am not saying that Islam was more violent than Christianity, I am saying that to assert that Christianity is more violent is to disregard history. They were both violent. The question is, to me, which is the source of the violence today?

NightHawk

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (16) »

> TOPIC: The Most Violent Religion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,