The Most Violent Religion - Page 6 of 16

I agree with a lot of people here. Religion - Page 6 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 6th Dec, 2005 - 11:15am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 16 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (16) »
With the recent turn of events people are quick to point to one religion for war, but looking at history should we be so quick to point fingers? Predators using Religion to wage war and agression.
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2005 - 11:16pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The Most Violent Religion - Page 6

"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."

-- Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire"War" Quoted from The Great Thoughts compiled by George Seldes 1985

Sponsored Links:
10th Apr, 2005 - 8:22pm / Post ID: #

Religion Violent The

To be honest no religion can be called the most violent. All of the religions have faltered now and again or will in the future. These religions ae not because of the believers but because of the fanatic that misinterpret their faith and believe all should believe as they do and lash out at the "non-believers". Wether your muslim, christian, wiccan, pagan, buddhist, hinduist, or atheist no religion is the true religion but as what you perceive to be the right faith.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2005 - 12:08am / Post ID: #

The Most Violent Religion
A Friend

The Most Violent Religion Beliefs Religious General

I'd say Secularism is the most violent ..it is responsible for most wars since the 30 year war...

4th Jun, 2005 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Religion Violent The

This may be a little out of date but it is a interesting subject. Religion has been the cause of more wars than any other topic. Throughout history you can find a religious war; the Egyptians and Israelites, the crusades, the current Israeli fight. I do not think you can say any one religion is more violent than another. I know many people currently like to point a finger at Islam, but from my limited knowledge of the Islamic religion the Koran teaches acceptance and tolerance and it is only extremist that have used the teachings for their own use. It is pretty amazing that after thousands of years we still fight over what god a person prays to.

Post Date: 15th Sep, 2005 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Religion Violent The

It seems to me that people are against Islam for the most recent actions of some extremests. I have friends that are Islamic and they are the most peaceful people I have the privilage of knowing. On the other hand I also have friends that are from main stream Christianity and they are very violent.

If I were to chose the most violent religion it would be Christianity. One look at what they did to the Jews after Jerusalem was destroyed. They forbad any jew to step foot in Jerusalmk, if they did they would be killed. When Christians started coming over here to America there was a decree sent with them stating that if anyone did not convert to christianity, they were to be put to death. Then during the crusades many people declared that it was the will of God. Here in America when mormonism was in its infancy, the mainstream Christianity persecuted the mormons killed them, raped their women, and stole their property. I am a christian myself, and it saddens my heart to know of the atrosities that have been done in the name of Christ. For those reasons and many others I vote that Christianity is the most violant religion in the History of the World.

Post Date: 19th Nov, 2005 - 6:09am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I have already stated my opinions of Christianity being the most violent. But I had no idea that the Mormon Christians were persecuted as well. I think a distinction needs to be made that it was first what would be considered Catholics that started the first Christian violence. Later, after the protestant broke off, they too joined the fray. But not all Christian sects have a violent past, and to some degree present.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Dec, 2005 - 1:18pm / Post ID: #

The Violent Religion - Page 6

I won't deny that people have done some pretty reprehensible things in the name of religion, but I don't hold the religion itself responsible, Bin Laden was a terrorist who perverted the teachings of the Koran to support his views, Ted Bundy was a serial killer who perverted the teachings of the bible to support his views. As far as idol worshipping goes, I have to agree with LDS, I have my tree up because it's pretty and gives ma a good place to put christmas presents, thats all.

6th Dec, 2005 - 11:15am / Post ID: #

The Violent Religion General Religious Beliefs - Page 6

I agree with a lot of people here. Religion is not violent. Religion is really just a concept. It is people who are violent. And if they use their interpretation of religion to justify violence, then are they really religious?

Religion teaches good morals and values. If people want to pervert those teachings to suit their agenda for violence than how can we attribute or blame religion?

There is very little value in comparing history because no doubt eveyone who has misused religion for war, used that tool for other reasons. Religion in the past has been used as the great tool of mobilisation. It has been manipulated to progress political agenda. This is wrong and therefore I will not associate religion with violent extremism.

> TOPIC: The Most Violent Religion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,