The Most Violent Religion - Page 12 of 16

Atheism is the worst because when you are - Page 12 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 10th Jan, 2013 - 12:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 16 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 
With the recent turn of events people are quick to point to one religion for war, but looking at history should we be so quick to point fingers? Predators using Religion to wage war and agression.
Post Date: 26th Jul, 2010 - 9:54pm / Post ID: #

The Most Violent Religion - Page 12

Name: Skeptic

Comments: Ufology seems to be the thing that is most dangerous right now. Believing in aliens either coming to dominate us or check us out for experiments is just plain ridiculous but people are more accepting of that than traditional beliefs in god.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Aug, 2010 - 12:29am / Post ID: #

Religion Violent The

Name: Phil

Comments: What about Islam? I'm looking at all the countries where there is a war going on and they are Islamic countries.

Post Date: 15th Sep, 2010 - 10:30pm / Post ID: #

The Most Violent Religion Beliefs Religious General

Name: Zarere

Comments: I live in a country that was occupied by the Ottoman Empire for 500 years. Nobody can say that Islam is a peaceful religion, because at my people are still fresh memories of the Islamic reign of terror. Just look at today, where wars take place in the world and everything will be clear.

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2010 - 11:09am / Post ID: #

Page 12 Religion Violent The

Name: Larrs

Comments: Ufology is much more believable, lots more proof, no terrorist attacks and actually coincides with some of mans writing in these old and tampered-with books that literally don't mean what they did then. The men were so wrong when they "filled in the blanks", that they needed to change them constantly to keep from being too unbelievable. They were changed to make war acceptable, sin forgiven before it occurs, said the earth was 5000 years old. Oh, and skeletons from ages ago were put here by god to test our faith in these tore up books written by politicians. Church leaders were at the bidding of kings. Kings (politicians) are responsible for all these versions of religious books. And guess what? its still like this. We NEVER see originals and we practice entirely different religions than the world leaders and the rich. World politicians and rich people laugh at our religions and our arguments about it. Do you really think our leaders serve Christ? Mohammad? or any of these peasant religions? no. They made those up for us to abide by their rules. If we practiced their religion, we might become equal and destroy what they've worked so hard on for thousands of years. Control. Yea, keep praying to the gods they made up. I don't believe in UFOs yet, but I don't believe everything that I'm taught by others either. I look for the all knowing in other ways. I can see, think, feel, touch and smell. I use those senses to make my determinations, not the forever changing ideas of men who claim these books haven't been drastically manipulated in an attempt to rule the land. Just a side note: churches and those who run them are of middle class. Nice living. Beats digging ditches for $7.50 an hour.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Before submitting your comments please use good grammar - no net talk or slang, check your spelling and remember that names of places and people begin with an uppercase letter.

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2010 - 11:22am / Post ID: #

Religion Violent The

Name: JW

Comments: lets be honest.. Christianity is historically the most violent religion ever.. Take a look at protestants and Catholics who have been at 'war' for thousands of years.. Both protestant and catholic are subsidiaries of Christianity. Lets also look at the crusades. Christianity based warmongers who persecuted and slaughtered the Muslims and Jews, but then lets also look at the Islamic faith. The reason the the crusades occurred was due to the fact that Islam was forcing its beliefs onto the non Muslim believers of the eastern world. It is a historical fact that Islam has been slaughtering 'non believers' for hundreds of years. I have noticed that generally comments have been based on modern religions. What about the Mayans? They showed a belief in something supernatural before the concept of a Christ or Mohammad had even been dreamed up by the modern world. The Mayan tribes believed that their beliefs where more purer than other tribes. The fact is that religion has been a figment of humanities imagination for thousands of years. The violence isn't of the religion itself but that of individuals who believe their imagination to be real. Religion is not real. Therefore religion is not violent, just the [..] who believe in it.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Before submitting your comments please use good grammar - no net talk or slang, check your spelling and remember that names of places and people begin with an uppercase letter.

Post Date: 25th May, 2011 - 11:41am / Post ID: #

The Most Violent Religion

Name: Hello

Comments: The Ottoman Turks killed thousands when they spread into Europe and were a major axis power in world war 1. Jihads have killed millions. [In my opinion] Islam is much more violent than Christianity.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Apr, 2012 - 10:23pm / Post ID: #

The Violent Religion - Page 12

Name: Didrik

Title: Asathru

Comments: To be honest, paganism/polytheism was a pretty violent pan religion, human sacrifices and such was pretty common all over the world with pagan religions.

I have to say that Asathru is the most "bad-ass"/violent religion out there, because it openly embraced violence, even rewarded it, and extreme sexism. Men, mainly warriors, feisted in Valhalla and women just lived on through there children. In Asathru, peace and war wasn't necessarily separated, they were as natural as chaos and order in pagan religions. It was a borderline "religion".

Today, people just want to see the good parts in paganism, and just completely ignore the darker parts.

10th Jan, 2013 - 12:24pm / Post ID: #

The Violent Religion General Religious Beliefs - Page 12

Atheism is the worst because when you are without God in your life you are capable of anything against humanity. Just look at the countries without God, those that fight against religion and you will see exactly what I'm talking about.

+  « First of 16 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 

> TOPIC: The Most Violent Religion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,