Religious Discrimination  

Religious Discrimination   - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 15th Oct, 2003 - 11:22am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 13th Oct, 2003 - 6:49pm / Post ID: #

Religious Discrimination  
A Friend

Religious Discrimination  

Religious Discrimination  

A group of people i know are currently organizing a 'church' of sorts, but for Pagans and Wiccans, and they've bumped into alot of obsticles. This wasn't a shock, as Wiccan and Paganism isn't a very well liked topic in a Christian society.

My question to you all is this...

If Christians can have their churches, and Muslims their Temples, why can't they have a sacred place of worship too? The law says people are free to practise their own religion, and have their own place of worship, yet it's the hardest thing around to get a place for Wiccans and Pagans! Why are they discriminated against and frowned upon?

Do you think this is right, or do you think they should all be free to practise our their religions without fear?

now dont get me wrong.. I am a christian myself.

Sponsored Links:
13th Oct, 2003 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

nbsp Discrimination Religious

If Christians can have their churches, and Muslims their Temples, why can't they have a sacred place of worship too?

Who says they cannot?

Do you think this is right, or do you think they should all be free to practise our their religions without fear?

Yes, but I do not understand what you mean... is someone doing something to stop them or is it that they cannot find a place to rent?

14th Oct, 2003 - 12:28am / Post ID: #

Religious Discrimination   Beliefs Religious General

Xtrasweetgirl, maybe you can explain more on what makes you think these groups cannot worship freely...

Post Date: 14th Oct, 2003 - 1:37am / Post ID: #

Religious Discrimination  
A Friend

They are not alloud to have a temple of their own. In the US, witchschool.com was opening one up, and they weren't allow too. The Christians went nuts, and the government wouldn't do anything about it.

They are not alloud to have the religious freedom that other religions have, only if they keep everything under wraps and not speak a word of it, or display it. Why can everyone else do it, and not them?

14th Oct, 2003 - 10:39am / Post ID: #

They are not alloud to have a temple of their own. In the US, witchschool.com was opening one up, and they weren't allow too

What do you mean exactly by they weren't allow to? the government forbids them to open a Temple of their own?

Post Date: 14th Oct, 2003 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

Religious Discrimination  
A Friend

Religious Discrimination  

Getting the building is the problem. They've realized that the only way they can do it, is to get a building, and not tell the owners what's going on inside, which I guess isn't all that big of a problem. It's not as if they'll be breaking any laws.. like teaching to minors and all that kind of thing, they just want to stop hiding in basements and things. they're not bothered with name calling and egg throwing, that comes with the package, but the government isn't too happy about it, but If they stay within the law, they can't really stop u'em... make it hard for em yes...but stop 'em they can't.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Oct, 2003 - 11:05pm / Post ID: #

Religious Discrimination  
A Friend

Religious Discrimination  

I say they should have the right to practice their beliefs.  If its witchcraft it most likely won't do anything anyways.  I don't see why someone would want to be in that religion....anyways.  I hate religious persecution, almost every major war of the century was caused by it.  I say let them have their church, I have mine so its all good.

15th Oct, 2003 - 11:22am / Post ID: #

Religious Discrimination   General Religious Beliefs

I have been thinking about this question for the past two days and think I am now ready to maybe add some "intelligent" comments for your consideration.  ;)

Although one has the legal right in the US to practice whatever religion they choose and my particular religion has as one of it's articles of faith that we also believe others to have this right as a matter of our religious belief, people outside of the courtroom do not always act in accordance with the spirit (or even the letter) of the law.

What I mean by this is that just because the law says one can't discriminate doesn't mean it won't be done, it just means if you can prove it was done there will be a legal remedy given you.

My recommendation for this particular religious group would be to purchase their own land and build what they need or buy an existing building.  I say this because even if a landlord can't legally refuse to rent to you, they can still make you miserable while you do it.

Think about it.  If you own a property and feel strongly that the practice of witchcraft is an abomination in the sight of God, wouldn't you also feel like you wanted no part of helping someone to do practice it?  I believe I would.  I am not saying this position is the right position, but I can see how a landlord might be set against having it in their building.  Since they own the building, I think they should have some say as to what goes on in it.  I do not know that the law agrees with me, but it is how I feel. smile.gif

If this group purchases their own building then I don't think there is any reasonable explanation for preventing them from practicing their beliefs in it, if they are breaking no laws while doing it, even if I were to find it an abomination before God.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Religious Discrimination  

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,