USA Zoroastrian Temple

Usa Zoroastrian Temple - Studies of Far East Religions - Posted: 8th Oct, 2003 - 3:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
12th Apr, 2003 - 8:53pm / Post ID: #

USA Zoroastrian Temple

Its been a long time since I have heard about the Zoroastrians, not since my last study of Religions of the World... now they are building a temple in the US:

ZOROASTRIANS BUILDING U.S. CENTER

One of the world's oldest religions is establishing a new, American temple for
the faith outside the nation's capital, the Zoroastrian Center and Darb-e-Mehr.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...34933%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2003 - 1:35pm / Post ID: #

USA Zoroastrian Temple
A Friend

Temple Zoroastrian USA

Your Religion: secular humanist

good for them,
its about time the parsees expanded their base. with their increased visibility they can now attempt to regain some of the iranian americans back to their flock!

unfortunately many of the younger generation have succumbed to the peer pressure and discarded their traditions in an attempt to "pass for american"

2nd Oct, 2003 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

USA Zoroastrian Temple Religions East of Studies

unfortunately many of the younger generation have succumbed to the peer pressure and discarded their traditions in an attempt to "pass for american"

What do you mean by that? Nationality has nothing to do with Religion. Secondly, why we should follow a religion just because of tradition? we should do it for personal choice and testimony not because of ancestry. Of course, this is my opinion.

Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2003 - 11:59pm / Post ID: #

USA Zoroastrian Temple
A Friend

Temple Zoroastrian USA

in much the same way, if you were living in SOUTH trinidad you wouldnt appreciate your daughter going and "wining down" in every chutney show in penal in an effort to "blend in with the natives"

4th Oct, 2003 - 12:26am / Post ID: #

Temple Zoroastrian USA

in much the same way, if you were living in SOUTH trinidad you wouldnt appreciate your daughter going and "wining down" in every chutney show in penal in an effort to "blend in with the natives"

I am not sure if I understand that reply. Please remember you are not on the 'T&T board'... you are on 'Religious Beliefs, Traditions, & Languages' so it is not likely everyone will understand your terminology.
[offtopic]Please update your profile. Click 'Profile' to begin.[/offtopic]

4th Oct, 2003 - 2:48pm / Post ID: #

USA Zoroastrian Temple

huh? I don't understand your reply to my post. Please explain yourself. Thanks.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Oct, 2003 - 7:32pm / Post ID: #

USA Zoroastrian Temple
A Friend

USA Zoroastrian Temple

Wow ZOROASTRIANS is sort of like a new religion i have heard of just recently!
It's good that America is making an attempt to open a temple for them, it's a big country and I'm sure it has many many people all practising many other unknown religions that hopefully some day we will all hear of and they will all have a place of there own to worship:)

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2003 - 3:50pm / Post ID: #

USA Zoroastrian Temple
A Friend

USA Zoroastrian Temple Studies of East Religions

Ummmm...i may look stupid asking this.  What exactly are Zonoastrians?  I've never heard of them, i'm a youngin though so thats probably why.  I don't look into religion alot, there are a few people i knew that went and studied all sorts of religion and left the LDS church to become Agnostic.  I don't study alot because i don't want anything like that to happen to anyone i know.  When i ask what his reasons were for leaving he said stupid stuff like why would god let people do some of the stuff they do?  For example, why would god let Bob sin like that if hes a member of his true church.   The simple answer is free agnecy but he is too wrapped up in pride to listen to his 'friends' and parents.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: USA Zoroastrian Temple

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,