Jehovah Witnesses & Blood - Page 3 of 3

I am not a Jehovah Witness nor do I believe - Page 3 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 2nd May, 2015 - 11:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
14th Aug, 2014 - 12:57am / Post ID: #

Jehovah Witnesses & Blood - Page 3

Jehovah lovingly allowed Noah and his family to eat meat, because food was scarce after the flood, with the provision that the blood be drained, or poured out (Genesis 9:4) 4 Only flesh with its life-its blood-you must not eat. The first century leaders of the Christian congregation and the holy spirit reiterated this command as necessary or a must do. (Acts 15:28, 29; Leviticus 17:10; Deuteronomy 12:23)

To Jehovah's Witnesses, rejection of Blood transfusions is a religious issue that affects their relationship with Jehovah God.

To those who view Blood transfusions from a strictly medical perspective. Bloodless medicine is becoming more popular and medical professionals are changing their views regarding the risk verses benefits of Blood transfusions.
Source: Blood Transfusions-What Doctors Are Saying Now

Reconcile Edited: David27072 on 14th Aug, 2014 - 12:59am

Sponsored Links:
27th Aug, 2014 - 3:38pm / Post ID: #

Blood and Witnesses Jehovah

Consuming blood as a food and giving blood so someone can live is too different things. If the blood was for a vampire then this would be wrong but its usually for someone who cannot produce enough blood for whatever reason. I don't see the connection in the scriptures you provided, it seems to be an interpretation that is based on some history connected to the Witness faith.

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2015 - 4:22pm / Post ID: #

Jehovah Witnesses & Blood
A Friend

Jehovah Witnesses & Blood Beliefs Religious General

Hi all there has been an independent survey in Cleveland using 87453 people of whom 322 were Jehovah Witness. Jw patients had lower occurrences of heart failure and an 86% chance of survival 20years after surgery. Those who had blood the % was reduced to 23%. If anyone wants to see the single page report I'll try and post it or a link to it.

21st Apr, 2015 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Blood and Witnesses Jehovah

I'm not sure how your statistics relates to the blood topic, are you saying that there have been Jehovah Witnesses who had surgery without needing blood?

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2015 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Blood and Witnesses Jehovah

Yes, we do not accept that blood is necessary. We store blood products before the operation. Let me find the source of my article. It explains it better. I'll find it and post the link.

21st Apr, 2015 - 5:42pm / Post ID: #

I have never heard of that before, what do you mean by "Blood products". I thought it was a strict no use of blood at anytime.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Apr, 2015 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Jehovah Witnesses & Blood - Page 3

Members of JW / blood conservation, including red-blooded cell boosting erythropoietin drugs, iron and b complex vets to guard against anemia. It's best to do the Bloomberg search for the whole article. Let me know if you have success.

2nd May, 2015 - 11:53am / Post ID: #

Jehovah Witnesses & Blood General Religious Beliefs - Page 3

I am not a Jehovah Witness nor do I believe in this particular doctrine but let me help you out.

international QUOTE
This is a religious issue rather than a medical one. Both the Old and New Testaments clearly command us to abstain from blood. (Genesis 9:4; Leviticus 17:10; Deuteronomy 12:23; Acts 15:28, 29) Also, God views blood as representing life. (Leviticus 17:14) So we avoid taking blood not only in obedience to God but also out of respect for him as the Giver of life. See: Source 7

Those are the scriptures they use to justify their actions about blood transfusions.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Jehovah Witnesses & Blood

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,