Gay or not to be gay? - Page 4 of 5

Lol, sorry.  It didn't seem that harsh - Page 4 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 11th Oct, 2003 - 4:40am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
9th Aug, 2003 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

Gay or not to be gay? - Page 4

Anglican leader seeks unity after vote

I thought that would be 'Anglican leader seeks to keep membership' because I know many will leave over that issue or will they? Check this article?

GAY CLERGY VOTE DRAWS REACTION
Some Episcopal clergy and lay leaders are disappointed about their church's
decision this week to ordain gay bishops. But a Utah Episcopal priest attending
the denomination's national assembly hasn't heard anyone threaten to leave the
church.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...45678%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Aug, 2003 - 11:49am / Post ID: #

Gay or not to be gay?
A Friend

gay to or Gay

It seems there isn't a real clear concensus whether being gay means the gender to whom you're attracted or the behavior you engage in.

Research has so far been inclusive as to reasons for homosexual behavior.  However, there is some evidence of organic causes as well as evidence of social factors such as childhood abuse.

If there is truly a biological component then it would seem harsh to consider it a sin when the individual could do nothing about his feelings other than learn to control them.  

In summary, IMO it is the behavior that is a sin and those who struggle to keep their behavior consistent with God's word deserve compassion and encouragement.  

Also, this is a genuine question - no offense intended - I do not understand how religions can change their doctrine to suit the changing political climate.

17th Aug, 2003 - 3:24pm / Post ID: #

Gay or not to be gay? Beliefs Religious General

If there is truly a biological component then it would seem harsh to consider it a sin when the individual could do nothing about his feelings other than learn to control them.  

Agreed, in addition to this if a person could do nothing about his/her feelings and has an addiction then it would be considered a mental disorder more than physical? So then we would have to say being gay goes into the realmns of psychological abnormality rather than physical attraction? I think we can learn a lot from the animals.

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2003 - 2:35am / Post ID: #

Gay or not to be gay?
A Friend

Page 4 gay to or Gay

I think being gay is wrong.  The whole gay bishop thing is wrong as well.  God made man and women, not women and women or man and man.   I think we should stick all the gays on an island and see how long they last to prove a point.  
Have you heard about the whole changing the definition of marriage debate here in canada?  Our 'brilliant' prime minister said, "I don't want a referendum on this issue because the majority of canadians will vote against it."  Our PM is an idiot, he supports gay marriages and stuff.  Its crazy!

10th Oct, 2003 - 1:47pm / Post ID: #

gay to or Gay

I think we should stick all the gays on an island and see how long they last to prove a point.

Ouch!  This sounds a bit harsh to me.  Since I doubt many gays were actually born to gay couples, I don't believe "sticking them all on an island" some place would prove any point.  People attracted to members of the same sex have existed for as long as recorded history, at the least.  I believe the behavior to be a sin, but not the inclination towards it.  An example would be that I am single at the moment.  The fact that I miss and desire to have a sexual side to my life is not a sin.  However, my having sex outside of the bonds of marriage is.  (IMO based upon my religious beliefs)

I have no problem with a celibate gay person holding a religious office such as priest or bishop.  I think an openly practicing, sexually active gay should not because they are engaging in activities (sex outside of marriage or fornication) that is contrary to biblical teachings which their own religious organizations claim to follow the Bible.

10th Oct, 2003 - 7:47pm / Post ID: #

Gay or not to be gay?

I think we should stick all the gays on an island and see how long they last to prove a point.  

I dont think this is a nice statetement sad.gif most religions teach about love and compassion towards others and even though we may not agree with the lifestyle some people have, it doesn't mean we have to send them 'away' like if they're lepers.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Oct, 2003 - 12:17am / Post ID: #

Gay or not to be gay?
A Friend

Gay or to gay - Page 4

I think JB is right if all things were created by god (or evolved from same micro organisms) we would have common traits, basically, you do not see very many gay animals. I don't think it is natural.

Post Date: 11th Oct, 2003 - 4:40am / Post ID: #

Gay or not to be gay?
A Friend

Gay or to gay General Religious Beliefs - Page 4

Lol, sorry.  It didn't seem that harsh in my mind.   The point it is to prove is that if that happens they will eventually die off becasue they won't be able to reproduce.  Know what i mean?  I didn't mean for it to be that mean, sorry smile.gif

If you still don't get what i mean post and i will try and explain...try...

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Gay or not to be gay?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,