The History Of Joseph Smith By His Mother

The History Joseph Smith Mother - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 30th Jan, 2011 - 3:23am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Author Lucy Mack Smith
5th Jul, 2010 - 12:29am / Post ID: #

The History of Joseph Smith by His Mother

I just got finish reading The History of Joseph Smith by His Mother - Lucy Mack Smith. There are certainly some very interesting stories in there from a very different perspective - that of his mother. I was amazed at the amount of financial difficulty and times the family were subjected to both jail and courts. Certain stories were mentioned about how people met and how love was lost that is befitting of a movie. Is it true that Brigham Young did not like what Lucy Mack Smith wrote?

Sponsored Links:
7th Jul, 2010 - 3:24am / Post ID: #

Mother His Smith Joseph History The

The book went through lots and lots and lots of revisions so what you actually read is not the original manuscript.

9th Jul, 2010 - 3:58pm / Post ID: #

The History Of Joseph Smith By His Mother Studies Doctrine Mormon

Brigham Young was furious about the original manuscript and said the book was a "tissue of lies" and wanted lots of corrections made. In 1865 he ordered the church members to have their copies destroyed. He was mostly upset because Lucy Smith portrayed the Smith family as the legitimate leaders of the Church.

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2010 - 4:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

It's a very interesting read nonetheless. She shares stories about how there was an assassination attempt on Joseph's life before the First Vision, all the different ways they had to think up to hid the plates, Joseph Smith Sr's dream that was very similar to Lehi's dream of the tree of life before the Book of Mormon was translated, etc. One of my favorite books!

30th Jan, 2011 - 3:23am / Post ID: #

If Joseph's mother wrote it then why is it called "The History Of Joseph Smith By His Mother"? Not a title I would choose about my own son plus you have to wonder why all the revisions were needed. Did someone not like the wording she used or think that his mother did not get the story straight.

> TOPIC: The History Of Joseph Smith By His Mother

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,