Which religion membership lives by their beliefs?

Which Religion Membership Lives Beliefs - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 9th Dec, 2002 - 10:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
10th Nov, 2002 - 2:25am / Post ID: #

For example if a religion believed in drinking milk on Saturdays then would the membership of that religion most likely live by that teaching or is it likely that most do not?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Dec, 2002 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

beliefs their lives membership religion Which

Not a very big vote is it just 4 people. But I believe the result would stand up after a 1000 votes the Jews were formed by God to be a kingdom of priests so the result is obvious for the Jews.

8th Dec, 2002 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

Which religion membership lives by their beliefs? Beliefs Religious General

yes I do agree in this one with you Andrew. Also, I saw Muslims don't have even one vote

Post Date: 8th Dec, 2002 - 11:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

which is rather surprising considering Msulims pray 5 times a day, fast durig the month of Ramadan, and spend most their days within he month of Ramadan praying. smile.gif.

9th Dec, 2002 - 12:16am / Post ID: #

Omario, yes that's so true. I guess with what happened in Sept 11th people have a misconception about Islam. Too many things going on with the muslims also and it's hard to really know what Islam beliefs are. (examples: stoning a person to death in case of adultery, muslims in Nigeria and the Miss World Competition, etc)

Post Date: 9th Dec, 2002 - 12:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Heh, on the Miss World competition thing - you'd have to be plain stpid to hold a Miss World competition in a Muslim country in the middle of Ramadan lol. Muslims believe in modesty, rather than showing it all - and to try and go against that in a muslim country inthe month of Ramadan. man, that's just too stupid for words wink.gif.  Yes you're right though, there is many misconceptions. For example, stoning to death, or crap like that isn't in Islam 0 its Nigerian culture. The suicide bombings in Israel aren't in Islam. In fact, suicide is wrong in Islam:

4.29 O ye who believe! Eat not up your property among yourselves in vanities: But let there be amongst you traffic and trade by mutual good-will: Nor kill (or destroy) yourselves: for verily Allah hath been to you Most Merciful!

So, yes, there are all too many misconceptions in ISlam, but more on topic I believe Muslims are most dedicated to their beliefs because it is very hard to fnd a Muslim who doesn't pray and fast in Ramadan, in comparison to say a Jew fastig on Yom Kippur, or a Christian who gos to church on Sundays.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Dec, 2002 - 3:26pm / Post ID: #

Which religion membership lives their beliefs

So what're you saying is that Islam do NOT believe in stone to death to someone who commit adultery???
What I could not fully understand are those people who call themselves muslims and they kill hundreds of people in terrorist attacks. Example: Osama Bin Laden. I had the chance to chat with some muslims from Pakistan and other countries and I tell you...ALL of them defended Osama. I could not understand it. With all the proves of the way this guy thinks and act, I thought the Muslim community will stand and say 'This guy is not a muslim' because Islam do not believe in violence and the killing of one person is a killing for the whole humanity. But I don't hear that at all, instead I heard from muslims, all the opposite.
Can you explain me why?

Post Date: 9th Dec, 2002 - 10:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Which religion membership lives their beliefs General Religious Beliefs

So what're you saying is that Islam do NOT believe in stone to death to someone who commit adultery???
What I could not fully understand are those people who call themselves muslims and they kill hundreds of people in terrorist attacks. Example: Osama Bin Laden. I had the chance to chat with some muslims from Pakistan and other countries and I tell you...ALL of them defended Osama. I could not understand it. With all the proves of the way this guy thinks and act, I thought the Muslim community will stand and say 'This guy is not a muslim' because Islam do not believe in violence and the killing of one person is a killing for the whole humanity. But I don't hear that at all, instead I heard from muslims, all the opposite.
Can you explain me why?

don't know what kind of Muslimsyou've been listening to wink.gif. Just kidding lol. From my experiewnces, every Muslim mosque in an educated country has condemened any attacks by BL.  However, many Muslims are living in 3rd world countries, where they do not have proper educations, and may often starve.  Whens omoene like Osama feeds them, they offer him their support in return.  I mean, who would curse the red cross? On your point of violence in ISlam - it is totally misconcepted. Here's a list of common quotes and their misconceptions:
https://www.islamic.org.uk/killinfidel.htm

The entire site is a good source for information, and worth checking out (though some of their opinion i don't agree with. In general, when readin gup on Islam, always look for quotes from the Quran - to avoid being bigheaded like BL)

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Which religion membership lives by their beliefs?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,