More People Born Again?

More People Born Again - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 13th Apr, 2006 - 1:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th Jun, 2003 - 7:56pm / Post ID: #

More People Born Again?

More People Born Again?

Religion is always more interesting when it is not in your locality. Look at this article for instance:

From ABC Nightline:

I'll be the first to admit that we don't do enough coverage of religion in this country. We pay a lot of attention to religion overseas, especially Islam. We cover the "religious right" in this country, but mostly, actually almost entirely, as a political force. But we haven't spent a lot of time looking at the evangelical community just as people. A new poll says that a little over thirty percent of adults in this country consider themselves "born again."

Do you think that evangelical religious groups will grow in even greater popularity or will it just phase out?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Jun, 2003 - 11:21pm / Post ID: #

More People Born Again?
A Friend

Again Born People More

I think that people are searching for answers.  I think that more people are going to church by invitation of their friends and tossing out "tradition".

I do think there are more people in their 30's that are attending church..... with a new perspective and becoming born again.

Also, there is a lot of youth attending church, again.. with a friend. With or with out their parents.

I think human nature knows there is more....... I think that with the worlds events people are not looking for just a good time any more, things are on a more serious level than say 30 years ago.

People ask more questions now days.  There is not that "hush" that fell upon everyone and people just did not ask those questions.

People ask now..... and some do find God and salvation in their answers.

13th Apr, 2006 - 12:31pm / Post ID: #

More People Born Again? Revealed Bible The

In my opinion Evangelical churches will continue to grow because of the 'freedom of worship' it allows. By 'freedom' I mean that there is not much in the way of rules / policies - it is simple and easy.

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2006 - 1:39pm / Post ID: #

More People Born Again?
A Friend

Again Born People More

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 13-Apr 06, 7:31 AM)
In my opinion Evangelical churches will continue to grow because of the 'freedom of worship' it allows. By 'freedom' I mean that there is not much in the way of rules / policies - it is simple and easy.

You are exactly right. In the fundamentalist evangelical movement, there are little to no restrictions to worship and praise. Indeed, within the fundamentalist evangelical movement there is a wide range of what is accepted, and even what is considered of God. If you don't like the place you go to, another church down the way will think slightly different and allow you the freedom you want and allow you to be with others who believe like you. This is both the downside and the upside of the movement sometimes called the pentecostal movement as well. But as more of them claim to be the true church, then I expect that the church will grow leaps and bounds as the country seems to continue to move towards churches being involved in politics. Many don't realize it, but the evangelical fundamentalist churches have no problem (generally) with actively endorsing candidates and even allowing them to speak in their church. Indeed, John Ashcroft spoke at the church I went to during his governorship race and on behalf of the President even before being appointed attorney general.

> TOPIC: More People Born Again?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,