Buddhist Lama in Mormon Land

Buddhist Lama Mormon Land - Studies of Far East Religions - Posted: 25th Nov, 2003 - 8:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Buddhist Lama in Mormon Land Related Information to Buddhist Lama in Mormon Land
1st Mar, 2003 - 9:35pm / Post ID: #

Buddhist Lama in Mormon Land

ohmy.gif Isn't it interesting that Utah, with a high population of Latter-Day Saints,  is getting such a strong Eastern presence?

LAMA IS GROWING UP
He is 14 now -- or much older if you count all 23 lifetimes. He is sitting
cross-legged on a daybed in the prayer room of his mother's house in Bountiful.
Behind him, on the wall, is a photograph of his most previous lifetime, a man
named Gomo Tulku.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...30279%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
2nd Mar, 2003 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

Land Mormon Lama Buddhist

When I was in Utah years ago, I could see this happening. There are plenty immigrants going to live to Utah and of course they bring their religions with themselves.  Of course you will see more religions than LDS in Salt Lake City particularly, after all, SLC is so different to the other small towns in Utah. smile.gif
Nice story about this kid.

25th Nov, 2003 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

Buddhist Lama in Mormon Land Religions East of Studies

It must have been very difficult for his mother to send him away to the monestary like that. I cannot imagine doing it. I believe it must have been scary for him as well at 7 years old to find himself in a monestary away from his mother like that too.

I know they are following their faith, but it still must have been difficult to do.

> TOPIC: Buddhist Lama in Mormon Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,