International Burn A Koran Day

International Burn Koran Day - Studies of Islam - Posted: 5th Aug, 2010 - 10:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »
The Dove World Outreach Center - Burning Quran - Koran Burnings
Post Date: 24th Jul, 2010 - 11:39pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Florida church sponsors 'International Burn A Koran Day':

The Dove World Outreach Center, a non-denominational church in Gainesville FL, is planning to mark this year's anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks with a little bonfire of Korans, the holy book of Islam. They even have a Facebook page with a mission statement to justify their actions: Ref. Source 6

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Jul, 2010 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Day Koran Burn International

So they are going to hold a day of burning the Koran on 9-11 this year. I am sure that this is going to cause some serious issues with muslim groups.

25th Jul, 2010 - 12:11am / Post ID: #

International Burn A Koran Day Islam Studies

It is this kind of nonsense that does not help anything. It breeds hate, animosity and division - all things that supposed religious groups should stay away from.

25th Jul, 2010 - 1:43am / Post ID: #

The thing is, when the Muslim groups react then they call them barbarians., etc. Why such provocation? Shame!

25th Jul, 2010 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

I am not positive on this but isn't the Koran a peaceful type of book. Sort of like their version of the bible. If I remember correctly most of all of these religions are the same at the root and have parts of the others in them. Anyways how would christians reaction be if they had a special holiday to burn bibles. Like maybe the day that we attacked Iraq with no real reason and killed countless innocent people. Maybe Japan should have a national hate America day for the day we vaporized two of their cities.

I think it is actually in the bible that we are supposed to be forgiving, pretty sure it's in there a couple of times. I don't see how throwing gas on the fire is going to help the healing of these wounds. Then again I don't understand a lot of stuff about this world so, . . .

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 25th Jul, 2010 - 2:34am

Post Date: 26th Jul, 2010 - 3:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

You and me too Oliron there is a lot of this world I do not understand.

The fact that the Bible has been burned by some muslim groups and the Christians did not react in a negative way shows that they are trying but to have others turn around and do the same thing back by burning the Koran. I just do not understand the thinking at all.

Reconcile Edited: KNtoran on 26th Jul, 2010 - 3:42am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Aug, 2010 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

International Burn Koran Day

Church to Burn Copies of Koran to Mark 9/11
By staff writers

"We will burn Korans because we think it's time for Christians, for churches, for politicians to stand up and say no; Islam and Sharia law is not welcome in the U.S. Ref. Source 2

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2010 - 10:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

International Burn Koran Day Studies Islam

I think these churches that want to do this are failing to understand what they are really doing. The fact that they are doing nothing more than to spread hate and division among the populous of the nation is wrong in my book.

I believe we do not need to burn the Koran or any other religious book. We should accept those who believe different than us and learn to accept each other and compare our religions. I am sure that we all can find common ground and get along very well. As long as we have groups doing all they can by going out of their way to cause pain and hard feelings are we ever really going to grow as a people?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

> TOPIC: International Burn A Koran Day

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,