What is the Meaning of Your Name? - Page 3 of 5

I believe my surname is Greek in origin and - Page 3 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 1st Nov, 2004 - 6:33am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
1st Dec, 2003 - 8:36pm / Post ID: #

What is the Meaning of Your Name? - Page 3

My name is scandinavian origin and means "tha saint

laugh.gif wink.gif interesting meaning, one that definetly keeps you in check smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Feb, 2004 - 1:28am / Post ID: #

What is the Meaning of Your Name?
A Friend

Name Your Meaning the What

How would you go about finding out what your surname means? I've never really thought about the meaning of my surname before, and after reading this, I'm interested in learning... but how?

Post Date: 10th Feb, 2004 - 2:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

What is the Meaning of Your Name? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

When I was just starting my genealogy, I went on-line and just typed my maiden name into the search engine and then visited nearly every site that came up. Then I did my first name. When I got tired of that futile game, I typed in Norwegian Names. That's 'cause my dad is Norwegian. Then I visited some of those sites. That is where I found out about my surname.

I haven't tried looking up my mother's maiden name or the surnames from her side of the family. I got buried under other genealogy information. Sometimes it is just as easy to ask the oldest person with the surname~ quite often they will know.

Perhaps someone else knows of a web site that has helpful links.

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2004 - 2:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Name Your Meaning the What

My ancestors come from a small town in Holland, actually I'm not sure how small it is, but I say small just because it sounds good. laugh.gif

Anyway, in this town is an old church, and the town came to be known as the town of old church, and so everyone who comes from that town has the surname of Old Church, or in dutch it's Ouderkirk.

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2004 - 9:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Name Your Meaning the What

I'm not sure where my family is tongue.gif I know my mom's surname is from Italy, but my father's?? Robado... or Robaldo... or Turvein, a generation before

Any help?

29th Oct, 2004 - 12:59am / Post ID: #

My name is Yehonatan, the equivilent to Jonathan in Hebrew. It is from the bible and it means "God Gave" or a gift from god.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Oct, 2004 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

What the Meaning Your Name - Page 3

My surname is of Greek origin, and means the following:

Helper of mankind, defender of men

I also found out it is very common in Scotland. My understanding is that my current surname was granted to my ancestors after they came over to the Caribbean from India as indentured laborers. It would be interesting to trace past that point to find out about my descendants and heritage.

Post Date: 1st Nov, 2004 - 6:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

What the Meaning Your Name Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 3

I believe my surname is Greek in origin and it means "Earth".

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: What is the Meaning of Your Name?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,