Marriage Through Your Mission

Marriage Mission - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 13th Nov, 2003 - 2:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
20th Oct, 2002 - 9:43pm / Post ID: #

This topic was once discussed on this board before the crash. I bring it back again for anyone that would like to share their views.
:mw

What are your views about an RM that marries somone from his/her mission? This is includes, members, non-members, and other RMs.

My view: If your mind is truly centered on your mission then I do not think anyone would have the time to even consider it.

If an RM goes to a reunion and then meets a fellow RM and marries I do not see anything wrong with that at all. In the same instant I have seen missionaries plan the whole wedding while on their mission... this I think is wrong.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2002 - 10:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mission Your Marriage

I saw some successful marriages come out of it so can't say that its so bad but would not have done it myself, guess it would have just felt strange

:yeah Yeah I know, I'm no goodie, goodie myself

1st Jan, 2003 - 8:28pm / Post ID: #

Marriage Through Your Mission Studies Doctrine Mormon

I have met plenty missionaries who marry girls in their missions. I didn't see them very focus on their mission but who I am to judge...

Post Date: 8th Jan, 2003 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mission Your Marriage

In my mission we were given a copy of a talk that was given by Pres. Kimball, it was titled "Close your Heart". It was a talk that basicly told the missionaries to close their hearts and not let feelings from women get to them. That included women from before that were at home.

I did meet some very sweet sisters in my mission. There was no romance at all. Just the admiration of good LDS sisters.

I went back to Honduras a couple of months after my mission and ended up taking one of them out on a date. She was very sweet. Not enought time to make sense of that relationship at the time. I had to come home and get back to school and work. She is sweet though.

I kept my heart closed. I think one needs to marry the person that they love. Romantic feelings of love during the mission are deffinitely not the right time.

9th Jan, 2003 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

Mission Your Marriage

I have known of two missionaries who actually crossed the border between Argentina and Brazil and they married two girls there!. All this when they were in their missions! Can you believe that!!!!???.

Post Date: 16th Jan, 2003 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I have known of two missionaries who actually crossed the border between Argentina and Brazil and they married two girls there!. All this when they were in their missions! Can you believe that!!!!???.

I can imagine the mission president's face when he heard the news! lol

I believe you can marry someone from your mission once the courting was not done on your mission.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Feb, 2003 - 11:51am / Post ID: #

Marriage Your Mission

Pres. Hinckley, some months ago, related a story of how a two RMs from the same mission married, but this was done long after their missions and they had no passion for each other during their mission. In this I am in agreement.

I have seen the exaggerated part of this though... where a missionary actually proposed to a local sister while teaching a discussion! They are still happily married to this day. (wonder what the companion was doing?)

Post Date: 13th Nov, 2003 - 2:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Marriage Your Mission Mormon Doctrine Studies

;D  For me I don't have any problem with that.  But I do worry about when the relationship start to happen.  When I was going to return home, I gave a talk in my last ward, one RM showed up and caused quite a commotion at that time.  I was very uncomfortable.  He was a brilliant elder so everybody was like congratulating me for him being there for me.  My companion was very excited and said, "Hey, comp, way to go, how did you do that?" :-[
I couldn't say anything but had to ignore him and run away.    A few days later when I was having my last interview with my mission president, guess what? he was encouraging me to prepare to open my heart for him.  Yak... I was still a missionary!!! I said I'd rather not to talk about him, so we talked about other stuff.  I didn't choose him, not because I'm against marrying to another RM from the same field but for we're very different.
In fact, some very important decisions about my marriage were made during my chats with my companions when I was still on my mission, but to really have a crush on someone, I personally find it very hard for me.  I know sometimes it's hard to not to have a special feeling with some one but to dwell on the feeling can only make a missionary feel very bad.  

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Marriage Through Your Mission

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,