Dwayne Gibbs

Dwayne Gibbs - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 2nd Oct, 2010 - 12:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (8) »
Canadian Commissioner of Police - Canadian in Trinidad
19th Aug, 2010 - 4:59pm / Post ID: #

Dwayne Gibbs

Dwayne Gibbs

It seems like everything is ready for the new Commissioner of Police to assume his job on September 15th. He already resigned his job as as chief executive officer of the Mustard Seed Foundation in Canada. It is alleged that he was offered a three-year contract with a clause which states that if he fails to perform he would be fired with immediate effect.

Source 3

I wish Mr. Gibbs all the best because the challenge he has ahead is enormous. These are some of the things I would like him to tackle as CoP:

1. High crime rate.

2. Unresolved crime cases.

3. Gang related and s-xual crimes.

4. SERIOUS police training.

5. Uniform change for police officers (more like the US police uniforms, pants for the female cops and caps instead of hats) so the police can run suspects and move more comfortably.

Sponsored Links:
19th Aug, 2010 - 10:01pm / Post ID: #

Gibbs Dwayne

The pressure will be on, I hope he can handle it but, I hope more that the local police will consider it a message to improve because it is really ashamed that we have to bring in a foreigner in a sovereign nation to be Police Commissioner.

20th Aug, 2010 - 11:38pm / Post ID: #

Dwayne Gibbs Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

You're right about that JB but the salary is ridiculous. What Gibbs have so that we should be paying him up to 2.5 million of we money? For that kind of dollars he better have more than a 90% crime solve ratio.

21st Aug, 2010 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #

Gibbs Dwayne

The police force is not happy at all about the alleged new salaries Mr. Gibbs and the Deputy CoP will be getting according to the Express. Apparently, the police force made clear that they are NOT willing to work with Mr. Gibbs unless the government meets and deals with their own salaries issues that go back to 2007. A simple constable is making TT$5,000 a month.

Mr. Gibbs will be making $132,916 a month, and Ewatski $106,333, making them the highest CoP and DCP in the history of the Police Service. By the other hand the locals, Acting Commissioner of Police James Philbert is paid a salary of $40,000, while DCPs Stephan Williams and Maurice Piggott are paid $31,000. Mr. Gibbs apparently was getting $10,000 Canadian dollars a month on his job as chief superintendent of police which today is equivalent to an average TT$60,000.

This is what the President of the Police Association Anand Ramesar have to say:

international QUOTE
He said it appeared officers were not being valued and recognised for their work by the Government. He called on Minister of Finance Winston Dookeran to meet with the Chief Personnel Officer in an attempt to settle long overdue salary negotiations for police officers. If this is not done, the membership will withdraw its support to work alongside any commissioner.

"The feedback from the membership is that they are very demoralised. They are mentally disengaged from performing their duties as we speak," Ramesar said.

"Get the negotiations going and treat with us fairly. Give us the things that we want so that we could get some job satisfaction and we can get some internal comfort, otherwise we are not prepared to move forward with any crime plan or work with any commissioner of police that they put there, because the salary issues are primary, outstanding and urgent."

"I felt very disgusted when I saw that in the newspapers. One would expect that if police officers were bending over backwards and making the extra sacrifice, they won't be left out and their interest would be given primary recognition.

"So, when they (Gibbs and Ewatski) are given that salary, and you look at the disparity, because each of their [salaries] is that of about 20 constables, it's really a slap in the face and we are very disgusted by it,
" he said.

26th Aug, 2010 - 1:08pm / Post ID: #

Gibbs Dwayne

What are the qualifications of Gibbs? I mean I know he was hiring personnel in one of his last jobs but then what makes him so special with dealing with local crime?

23rd Sep, 2010 - 12:16pm / Post ID: #

Dwayne Gibbs

It seems like in a little while you will see Mr. Gibbs visiting Laventille, John John, Morvant, Beetham, etc since he stated he intents to visit the areas he "heard" about are crime infested.

international QUOTE
THE country's newest Commissioner of Police, Canadian Dwayne Gibbs, yesterday vowed to lead his troops into the battlefields as the Police Service wages a war against crime and criminal elements in society. He said both himself and fellow Canadian Deputy Commissioner Jack Ewatski have a challenging and excited task ahead, and they are ready to hit the road running.

"Certainly, as a police officer, I intend to get into these areas. I don't intend to sit in office, although I know the demands will force me into that office.

"I can't do policing without getting into the areas and seeing what is taking place, without seeing and talking to the people to find out what the issues are in theses areas. I could hear about them, I have been told about them, but I am a visual person, and as far as leading the troops, yes. I expect to go out," Gibbs said during a stakeholders meeting at the Hilton Trinidad in St Ann's yesterday, one day after officially taking up duties.

Responding to a question regarding a clause in his contract which states that should he fail to perform, his services could be terminated, Gibbs said, "I would hate to think that if I don't perform... Why would you keep me? Certainly, there are expectations for me to be out here working, and I'm fully prepared for that. I believe in accountability and if I'm not accountable to the people of Trinidad and Tobago for my work, then why would you want to keep me?"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Oct, 2010 - 12:18pm / Post ID: #

Dwayne Gibbs

Is it just me or since this new Canadian commissioner came here I haven't heard about murders on the news?

I saw him in his uniform giving a speech and he made a mistake but didn't hear what he said, what did he say?

By the way how did he end up with all those medals already?

2nd Oct, 2010 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #

Dwayne Gibbs Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

international QUOTE (IndianChick @ 2-Oct 10, 7:18 AM)
By the way how did he end up with all those medals already?

He had three medals which were awarded to him when he was a senior police officer in the Canadian Police Force, prior to his retirement from that force.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Dwayne Gibbs

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,