Warhammer Deathwatch Screen

Warhammer Deathwatch Screen - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 25th Aug, 2010 - 11:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock

23rd Aug, 2010 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #

The Warhammer Deathwatch Screen looks nice but at $20 you have to ask yourself if it has an on board computer to create stats on the fly. What do you think?

Warhammer Deathwatch Screen (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
25th Aug, 2010 - 2:19am / Post ID: #

Screen Deathwatch Warhammer

I have no idea what this is for - is this for 40k? If it were for the RPG, that might be one thing, though it would also depend if it were for 2nd edition, the one my group played, or 3rd, which is too steep, even if we wanted to change from the 2nd edition system and rebuy everything - but still, twenty bucks. But from the looks of it, it's 40k, which I don't play.

Screens have always been of questionable value, to me personally - they do help present quick summaries of tables and info, but their other main purpose is a double-edged sword - the actual "screen" function - sure you can hide dice rolls from players, in case you need to "fudge" them, good or bad, to keep your players alive, or keep enemies alive, or let players make hits on enemies they didn't really manage, because you realize the enemies are just too tough... But do you *really* want to truly divide yourself from the players at the table, physically, with a screen?

I like being able to obscure dice rolls, and maybe the adventure I'm using, so the players can't see any pictures or maps, but other than that, I like a more open atmosphere, and the whole screen setup really puts up a very definite opaque "fence" or wall between the GM and the players, and I'm really not fond of the mindsets that breeds, on either side of the cardboard.

25th Aug, 2010 - 11:53am / Post ID: #

Warhammer Deathwatch Screen Reviews RPG & Card Board

The Warhammer Deathwatch Screen is for Warhammer 40,000 RPG and sometimes comes with the core rules set for the GM but is sold separately for $20.

> TOPIC: Warhammer Deathwatch Screen

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,