33 Trapped Chile Miners Found Alive After 17 Days - Page 2 of 4

I was watching the rescue most of the day - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 13th Oct, 2010 - 10:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Chile Mines
19th Sep, 2010 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

33 Trapped Chile Miners Found Alive After 17 Days - Page 2

How come they are still alive? That sounded bad I mean I didn't expect them to still be living after so long. Did they have lots of food and water down there before this happened?

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 23 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.3%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Sep, 2010 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

33 Trapped Chile Miners Found Alive After 17 Days
A Friend

Days Alive Miners Chile Trapped

They made it to a safe room that is designed to withstand cave ins or other mishaps that can happen in mining. From there a hole was drilled down to the area they thought they were in and found them to be alive. Since then they dropped in food packs and other stuff in a six inch hole to help them survive until they can be rescued. This new larger hole adds more options for sending more food, water and air.

Post Date: 9th Oct, 2010 - 4:30pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

33 Trapped Chile Miners Found Alive After 17 Days History & Civil Business Politics

Hope For Miners

Drill breaks through roof of mine where 33 Chile miners are trapped. Ref. CNN

Post Date: 9th Oct, 2010 - 11:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Days Alive Miners Chile Trapped

I am glad that I am not one of those trapped miners. I can not see myself fitting in a 23 inch diameter hole. smile.gif Now they can lower medical personnel into the room so that they can prepare the miners for transport back to the surface. They are talking about this Tuesday starting to bring them up.

13th Oct, 2010 - 1:04pm / Post ID: #

Days Alive Miners Chile Trapped

Did anyone see the rescue on TV? What an emotional moment! The whole rescue was perfect, very clean and well executed.

international QUOTE
SAN JOSE MINE, Chile (AP) - The miners emerged like clockwork, jubilantly embracing wives, children and rescuers and looking remarkably composed Wednesday after languishing for 69 days in the depths of a mine that easily could have been their tomb.

The anxiety that had accompanied the final days of preparation melted away at 12:11 a.m. When the stoutest of the 33 miners, Florencio Avalos, emerged from the missile-like rescue capsule smiling broadly after his half-mile journey to the surface.

In a din of cheers, he hugged his sobbing 7-year-old son and wife and then President Sebastian Pinera, who has been deeply involved in an effort that had become a matter of national pride.

The most ebullient of the bunch came out second, an hour later.

"I think I had extraordinary luck. I was with God and with the devil. And I reached out for God," said Mario Sepulveda as he awaited the air force helicopter ride to a nearby hospital where all the miners were to spend 48 hours under medical observation.

Eleven men were pulled from the mine at a methodical pace in roughly the first nine and a half hours of the operation, putting the rescue on track to end before the sun rises Thursday, barring any major glitches.

The miners have survived more time trapped underground than anyone on record, and the world was captivated by their endurance and unity as officials carefully planned their rescue.

Health Minister Jaime Manalich told a news conference after eight miners were rescued that all of them were in good health, and none has needed any special medication, not even the diabetic among them.

Chile exploded in joy and relief at the first, breakthrough rescue just after midnight in the coastal Atacama desert.

In the capital, Santiago, a cacophony of motorists' horns sounded. In the nearby regional capital of Copiapo, from which 24 of the miners hail, the mayor canceled school so parents and children could "watch the rescue in the warmth of the home...

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 13th Oct, 2010 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

17th Miner Rescued

Seventeenth miner reaches surface; fewer than half remain. Chile's president says rescue mission quicker than expected. Ref. CNN

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Oct, 2010 - 7:03pm / Post ID: #

33 Trapped Chile Miners Alive 17 Days - Page 2

Great news that they have finally managed to be able to be reunited with their family and loved ones.

It must have been a very tough set of times to go through.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 0 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0%

Post Date: 13th Oct, 2010 - 10:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

33 Trapped Chile Miners Alive 17 Days Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

I was watching the rescue most of the day as they brought up miner after miner. I am glad that they all are able to be lifted out in pretty good health and be reunited with their loved ones. IT is a good day in Chile.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: 33 Trapped Chile Miners Found Alive After 17 Days

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,