Trini Obsession With Slavery ?

Trini Obsession Slavery - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 27th Aug, 2010 - 1:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2010 - 1:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Why is it that alot of Trinidadians are obsessed with slavery when it ended almost 150years ago ? I'm Afro Trinidadian and I never for once look at any white and dislike them for slavery , because I was never a slave. Someone even asked me the very silly question of " why do I talk to so many white people" Now this was on Facebook, which 95% of my friends are white. I gave the very modest answer " We all think alike" It seems that Trinidadians think that whites owe them something for enslaving them ? I was speaking to my dad's friend, of which I told him why can African Americans and Trinidadians choose to come out of this stupid culture they have. For example the rap music and hip hop music, which is alot of stupidity, which objectifies women and such, The N this and N that, the pants under waist. I said why cant they be like me and follow a culture that is productive, better, and prosperous. For example I only listen to trance music from the like of dash Berlin, armin van buuren and super8 and tab, also I dress just like Armin van Buuren. I base my culture from Europe but when I tell most people that I get the " you following the white man" crap. When you criticize black culture and you are black you get the " you playing white" when some of my white friends criticize( foreign ) they get labeled racist !

Why cant black people move past keeping themselves down and try to change the stereotype they have, and why cant Trinidadians do the same.

A little of topic I looked up the average IQ for Trinidad and its a whopping 85 undecided.gif that borderline dumb. I have an average IQ of 115 with is above average (average being 100) I suspect it has alot to do with our culture, the cRap and hip hop music and Trinidadians like of ambition

What are your thoughts ?

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please check over your spelling using the built-in Spell Checker before posting your message. See Constructive Posting Policy

Sponsored Links:
27th Aug, 2010 - 1:40pm / Post ID: #

Slavery Obsession Trini

Interesting analysis Advent. Well I don't think it has anything to do with race or ethnicity but how a person grew up, the kind of environment they had, what they were exposed to, etc. I have friends of all races and personally with Trinidadians, I really don't see much difference (culturally speaking) between a Black, Indo or a local "white" Trinidadian. The difference seem to be the class status along with a few more "expensive" vices.

> TOPIC: Trini Obsession With Slavery ?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,