Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission - Page 4 of 6

Name: Bruce Raymond Country: Comments: We - Page 4 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 6th Jul, 2014 - 7:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
This thread has been started to keep all the West Indies Mission Alumni messages in one place so users do not become lost searching for people or content related to their former mission. This mission used to be known as: Trinidad & Tobago Mission up until 1994 and now has been reinstated (the name) again in 2007.
Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission Related Information to Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission
Post Date: 31st Jul, 2011 - 1:49am / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission - Page 4

Name: Cathy

Comments: I read online that the first American sister is already in the West Indies Mission and seven more North American sisters will be joining her soon. After reading some of the posts here, I'm wondering what's going on?

Sponsored Links:
7th Nov, 2011 - 1:41pm / Post ID: #

Mission Indies West Mission Tobago and Trinidad

Sheila Ishmael, a pioneering member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Trinidad passed away recently. I believe the funeral will be on Saturday coming at the Port of Spain Ward.

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2012 - 10:49pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission Studies Doctrine Mormon

Name: Valantine

Comments: We love the Christmas season! Most importantly, it reminds us of the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Then we reflect upon His life, His teachings, His example, and His great gift-His atoning sacrifice in our behalf. We love Moroni's final challenge to us: "Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God." (Moroni 10:32)
We love the lights! Not only are they beautiful in their own right, but they remind us also about our Savior-the "Light" of the world. We love the beautiful Christmas carols. May we share the third verse of "O Little Town of Bethlehem." "How silently, how silently the wondrous gift is giv"n! So God imparts to human hearts the blessings of his heav"n. No ear may hear his coming but in this world of sin, where meek souls will receive him, still the dear Christ enters in."
We also love the third and fourth verses of "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day." "And in despair I bowed my head, "There is no peace on earth," I said, "For hate is strong and mocks the song of peace on earth, good will to men." Then pealed the bells more loud and deep: "God is not dead, nor doth he sleep; the wrong shall fail, the right prevail, with peace on earth, good will to men.""
With each passing year it seems we take a few more pills, forget a little more, find it harder to do yard work, BUT we are doing fine, and are extremely grateful for our overall health and strength. We have a time share at Capistrano Beach in Southern California, and enjoy our times there, with it's wonderful, clean, moist air. We also were able to spend a week at Lake Arrowhead in the mountains of Southern California, and enjoyed our time there, although we find it harder and harder to be in high altitudes.
Our special event of this year was going on a cruise to the Hawaiian Islands with our son Bill and his wife, Connie. We spent five days cruising over, visiting both the east and west coasts of the Big Island of Hawaii, Maui (where we visited a sea horse farm!), Kauai, and left the ship at Honolulu, where we stayed in a hotel on the beach at Waikiki for a couple of days before flying home. Of course, we visited the Polynesian Cultural Center. Both Bill and Connie had their 50th birthday in 2012, and will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary in 2013. We"re enclosing a couple of pictures from this trip.
- Jane and Roy, Former Mission President

Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission
Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission (Hover)

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2014 - 6:53pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Mission Indies West Mission Tobago and Trinidad

Name: Lydia Kendall

Comments: I am not an alumni. I have a good friend who was in the MTC preparing to come to the West Indies.

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2014 - 6:54pm / Post ID: #

Mission Indies West Mission Tobago and Trinidad

Name: Angela Rugama

Comments: Well I did not serve a mission but I am interested in meeting LDS people in or who served in the West Indies... I was born in Edmonton, AB Canada to Canadian young woman(A member). She was very you and not married so she gave me up for adoption... I was adopted by a family from Trinidad and coincidentally, my biological father was from Trinidad also... Now we all know the lord works in mysterious ways but this was amazing... When my mother (That raised me) passed away I was only eighteen... Now we all know how Trinidadians like to talk, so finding my birth father was especially easy... As a matter of fact, he was in the community I had grown up in and had been involved in all my life.... My birth mother was not as easy but it still only took a total of three days from the time I actively started looking... Turns out she was a very active member of the Church and had a beautiful family... I went from being the baby of the family to the big sister in a matter of 2 weeks... To make a long story short, I moved to the city she lived in and joined the church... Now 5 years later I am happily married with 2 beautiful sons and my husband was baptized on March 1 2002... We look forward to being married in the Temple next year and continuing our journey towards eternal happiness... We also hope to visit Trinidad someday soon so that our children may learn more about the beauty of our culture. We hope to meet friends from all over and enjoy International LDS friendships

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2014 - 7:03pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission

Name: Andrea F Emmanuel

Comments: Hi, My name is Andrea. I did not serve a mission in the West Indies Mission. (I am a returned missionary however.) I am from the Caribbean, Grenada to be exact.( I now reside in the US) I have been a member for almost 16yrs, which means I know quite a lot of then missionaries. I would love to be entered into the alumni, to be able to correspond with old friends.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Jul, 2014 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission - Page 4

Name: Kerry & Karyl Jensen

Comments: Our son, Elder Mark Jensen served in the West Indies Mission.

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2014 - 7:11pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 4

Name: Bruce Raymond

Comments:
We are the parents of Elder Jared Raymond. We moved to Las Vegas from Kauai, Hawaii.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,