Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission - Page 5 of 6

Name: Daren Title: West Indies Mission Comments: - Page 5 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 6th Mar, 2016 - 11:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
This thread has been started to keep all the West Indies Mission Alumni messages in one place so users do not become lost searching for people or content related to their former mission. This mission used to be known as: Trinidad & Tobago Mission up until 1994 and now has been reinstated (the name) again in 2007.
Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission Related Information to Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission
Post Date: 6th Jul, 2014 - 7:13pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission - Page 5

Name: Ginny Schilaty

Comments:
I am the Mom of Elder W. Jay Schilaty who served in the WI English Speaking Mission. He returned 7/20/00. Our home is in Everett, Washington, USA.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Jul, 2014 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #

Mission Indies West Mission Tobago and Trinidad

Name: Br & Sr Richard S. Land

Comments: We are the parents of David R. Land, who sderved in the W.I. Mission. He has been on the island of St. Vincent for 6 months and to Georgetown, Guyana South America. Serving in the town of Patadida. David is from the Upland 3rd ward. Upland Ca.

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2014 - 7:15pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission Studies Doctrine Mormon

Name: Curtis & Joanne Hoehne

Comments:
Our son Joshua served in the West Indies Mission and loved it. He has been in Georgetown, Guyana. He really loved the work and the people, but not the mud.

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2014 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Mission Indies West Mission Tobago and Trinidad

Name: Vicki Younker

Comments: Hi, My name is Vicki Younker and I have a son who served in the WI mission he has been in Trinidad for over 13months and then transferred to Guyana. I am interested in hearing anything about the countries and the mission progress and history. Thank you for setting up this site so mothers can get a glimpse about what their sons.

3rd Sep, 2014 - 9:13pm / Post ID: #

Mission Indies West Mission Tobago and Trinidad

I just got an Email from former West Indies Mission President Roy R. Valantine that former mission couple and counselor in the Mission Presidency: Lynn Bodily has passed away.

11th Jan, 2015 - 11:05am / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission

According to this chart, Gregory W. Egbert will be the new mission president over the not so newly formed Trinidad & Tobago mission. The boundaries have not been officially disclosed yet.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Dec, 2015 - 4:03pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission - Page 5

Name: Valantine

Subject: Christmas, 2015

Comments: Dear Brothers and Sisters,
It’s time for our annual Christmas letter to all of our wonderful, incredible, and un­forgettable Gospel Stars (Those stalwart couples in the mission)! We love the Christmas season with its lights, music decorations, and most of all, because it reminds us of the birth of our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ–truly “the light and the life of the world.” However, it is not enough for us to just remember His birth. Moroni tells us what we need to do, and the blessings which then follow: “Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God. And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot.” (Moroni 10:32,33)
Our oldest son, Bill, who lives in El Cajon (So. Calif.), was diagnosed with lung cancer and is being treated for it. He never smoked, nor worked around smokers, and is an active member of the Church. Because the tumor was close to his heart, he could not have an operation, nor have radiation therapy. He received an infusion every three weeks, which just about killed him, and which caused him extremely severe side effects. His legs and feet were so swollen and painful towards the end that he couldn’t put on stockings or shoes, and at the last he couldn’t even stand or walk. They never were able to have any children to be of help; her parents live in Colorado, and her mother has had two strokes, so they couldn’t help; so we spent many months off and on living with them and helping, and only returning to St. George for our own doctor appointmens. He only has health insurance through his wife, so she has to keep working. He is a clinical psychologist, and they encouraged him to keep working if possible, so I would drive him to work, stay with him in the office and run his errands, and drive him home. Twice things were so bad he had to enter the hospital. Finally, they said he couldn’t stand any more infusions, so he is how on a daily pill. Things have improved greatly; he can stand, walk, and drive himself, and his vital signs are almost back to normal. The pill also has side effects but not as severe as before, and so we were able to return home in mid November, and will be here unless things change and we have to return.
As for Jane and myself, we are doing amazingly well! Our eyesight and hearing are not what they used to be, we can’t remember names or why we went into a room to get something, and we need to take a bunch of pills to keep various things under control, BUT we are doing great, and are truly blessed! Any problems we have are just bumps in the road.
We think of all of you often, and remember wonderful shared experiences. Truly the Lord blessed us to have so many wonderful “brothers and sisters!”
Some of you might wonder if what you have done or are doing is bearing fruit. Some­times we may not feel as successful as we would like, but the Lord himself reminds us, “Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.” (Emphasis added)
We send our love and best wishes for a truly wonderful Christmas season, and a fabulous New Year!
Jane and Roy

Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission
Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission (Hover)

Post Date: 6th Mar, 2016 - 11:23pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 5

Name: Daren

Title: West Indies Mission

Comments: My name is Daren Davidson. I was excited to see the post from Elder Darren Wilcox. Elder Miles Hunsaker and I followed Elder Wilcox and Elder Romney as Assistants to President Kenneth Zabriskie. I absolutely loved my time in the West Indies Mission. I was originally called to the Puerto Rico, San Juan mission. My first area was San Lorenzo with Elder Blair Willis. My first transfer was to Barbados. I spent several months there living next door to President John Naime before being transferred to Saint Vincent and then to the office in Fort Lauderdale.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,