The Butterfly Effect

The Butterfly Effect - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 22nd Mar, 2011 - 8:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th Oct, 2004 - 9:14pm / Post ID: #

The Butterfly Effect

I have not seen The Butterfly Effect (2004), but was wondering if it were any good? There seems to be mixed emotions about this movie. Have you seen it?

A young man (Kutcher) struggling with the psychological effects of sublimated childhood memories devises a technique of traveling back in time to inhabit his childhood body, but he finds that every trip back has unintended results on his present self, leading him to travel back again and again, trying to repair the damage that he's only making worse and worse.
Ref. https://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808413764

Sponsored Links:
19th Oct, 2004 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #

Effect Butterfly The

I saw it, and really liked it. It is incredibly intense, possibly the most intense movie I have ever seen. It is a true thriller, in the tradition of Hitchcock. There is some graphic violence, but it is not particularly gory, nor is it filled with gratuitous violence. At the moment, I can't even think of any nudity or overt sexuality within the movie.

There are two possible endings. The DVD has both of them. I saw the director's cut ending first. It was VERY creepy. Then I saw the theatrical release ending, and found it much softer and easier.

I prefer the director's cut ending.

I recommend it, if you are into thrillers. I wouldn't let any children watch it, under any circumstances. I won't even let my teens see it, as it could definitely cause nightmares.

But then I really love the concepts of "time travel" and the paradoxes and problems that could be associated with it.

29th Oct, 2004 - 2:45am / Post ID: #

The Butterfly Effect Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I just watched the movie and I thought it was great. Although I find it had too much swearing undecided.gif
I love thrillers and I think the story line was very original. I will rated it as B.

Post Date: 22nd Mar, 2011 - 8:49pm / Post ID: #

Effect Butterfly The

Evan Treborn grows up in a small town with his single, working mother and his friends. He suffers from memory blackouts where he suddenly finds himself somewhere else, confused. Evan's friends and mother hardly believe him, thinking he makes it up just to get out of trouble. As Evan grows up he has less of these blackouts until he seems to have recovered. Since the age of seven he has written a diary of his blackout moments so he can remember what happens. One day at college he starts to read one of his old diaries, and suddenly a flashback hits him like a brick!

The Butterfly Effect
The Butterfly Effect (Hover)

> TOPIC: The Butterfly Effect

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,