Mormons Dress for Modesty

Mormons Dress Modesty - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 23rd May, 2004 - 6:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
12th Oct, 2002 - 11:35am / Post ID: #

LDS Daily News

Modesty can mean all the respect to you or conversely you can be scorned. What are your thoughts? Posted by permission... Follow the link for the full story:

international QUOTE
Now, thanks to the unlikely collaboration of two fashion-frustrated Latter- day Saint moms and customer-friendly Nordstrom, Latter-day Saint teens everywhere have alternatives to dressing immodestly--more than 30 of them. This Saturday, a Nordstrom department store in Costa Mesa, California, will host a sold-out fashion show featuring 33 Latter-day Saint teenage girls from Southern California wearing stylish dresses with not a spaghetti strap in sight. Ref.: Source

Sponsored Links:
12th Oct, 2002 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

Modesty Dress Mormons

That's so good smile.gif Too many young girls dress with such a stick clothes! it doesn't look good at all! sad.gif

27th Oct, 2002 - 9:32am / Post ID: #

Mormons Dress for Modesty Studies Doctrine Mormon

I have never seen a sister that has served a mission do that. I also think that sisters that serve missions seem to be more 'up' with the standards and easier to work with....

Of course this is not always the case, but I am glad we have good return Sister missionaries to set an example for the young women.

What I can't figure out though is why the parents do nothing about it? I have seen their daughters come out in fashion suitable for a hooker (no joke) and they seem all normal and complacent about it. Is it that they are just blind or do not want to say something for 'fear' their daughter will stop coming to Church?

Post Date: 18th May, 2004 - 12:39pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Modesty Dress Mormons

MIXING GLAMOUR WITH MODESTY
See https://www.dailyherald.com/cook/main_story.asp?intID=381184

With several Naperville, Illinois, proms right around the corner, local
high school girls have been planning for the big day for months. For some
girls, finding a modest yet glamorous dress was an additional challenge.

22nd May, 2004 - 3:31am / Post ID: #

Modesty Dress Mormons

What I can't figure out though is why the parents do nothing about it? I have seen their daughters come out in fashion suitable for a hooker (no joke) and they seem all normal and complacent about it. Is it that they are just blind or do not want to say something for 'fear' their daughter will stop coming to Church?

How they can tell anything to their daughters when the mothers themselves dress like that and they encourage the daughters to do the same thing!. Every Sunday I see ladies and young ladies dress so bad...it makes me really sad.

23rd May, 2004 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

My new ward is very different from the last ward... *some* of the moms and teenage daughters wear the most outrageous things! I know it's the new fashion to show some "midriff" around the hips, but really -- NOT at church! Skin-tight skirts that are low on the hips, and show the outline of underclothing? NO way! What are they thinking?? It's quite a shock to me -- I guess my old ward was really "conservative" smile.gif

Roz

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd May, 2004 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Dress Modesty

Recently we had a Sister get up in a Church meeting and talk about the way people dress and standards set when you wear revealing clothes, etc. It was an okay talk with the capacity to move a crowd to probably 3% - why? This same Sister was wearing a body fit dress at the time and is known for dressing on the skimpy side rolleyes.gif. Sometimes I wonder...

23rd May, 2004 - 6:22pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Dress Modesty Mormon Doctrine Studies

When I heard what this same sister JB is talking about get up and said that in Sacrament meeting I was shocked and thought "She has to be kidding!" but then I realize some members cannot see themselves doing anything wrong. They have so much the ways of the world that they cannot see the reality.

I guess my old ward was really "conservative"

I would not call it 'conservative', your old ward was how we are supposed to dress in Church. There is really not a conservative or non-conservative ward or branch.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Mormons Dress for Modesty

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,