SA Ages 30+

Sa Ages 30+ - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 11th Nov, 2003 - 7:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
26th Sep, 2003 - 11:55am / Post ID: #

SA Ages 30+

SA Ages 30+

An online activity where more mature members gather and have fun getting to know one another. Anyone brought cookies?

PS> Leave the Deep Doctrine for the appropriate board and just relax and get to know everyone.... here have a cookie smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
27th Sep, 2003 - 11:41am / Post ID: #

Ages SA

Okay, I guess I'll be the first to jump in here. (Eeeeek!)

I'm over 30 smile.gif  and I'm single.  I have 2 children, a son 21 years old and a daughter who just turned 6.  (Yes, I know this is a big age difference.  It just happened that way.)

I've been single for 7 years.  I'm an active member of the church, just recently re-activated after 15 years away.  I will be attending the temple again starting probably October 11 --  I have a temple "date" with a good friend I've known for over 20 years, who is now experiencing a divorce.

I'm not sure if I'm even ready to start dating again.  But I think I'm ready to start talking about it. wink.gif

Who else is single out there on Borde land?

Roz

Post Date: 28th Sep, 2003 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

SA Ages 30+
A Friend

SA Ages 30+ Studies Doctrine Mormon

I've always been single - I guess I don't really know how to talk about being single because it is the only life I know.  

I hate office parties where everyone brings their spouse - so I solved that issue by not going.  Other than that life is life....to quote Sandra Bullock "there is something to be said for sole possession of the remote".  Although I have thought of adopting an older child...mostly I didn't think I could handle it financially plus with a long commute I just couldn't do it.

Post Date: 29th Sep, 2003 - 6:15am / Post ID: #

SA Ages 30+
A Friend

Ages SA

Hi
I just discovered this site. I'm looking forward to meeting more people. I am an active, single man, who has never been married and I'm 30++.

I have no kids, but I have a 5 year old nephew who is my best friend.

4th Oct, 2003 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

Ages SA

Sofia, I've often thought of adopting an older child, specifically so my little family can grow.  My daughter would learn so much about being part of a larger circle, and I would be able to learn more about parenting, while we could hopefully improve the life of a child.

I always wanted more children and things just didn't work out that way.  My daughter wants so much to have a little sister.  And we know there are lots of kids out there who need homes.

I wonder if it's harder to do, I mean as in getting approval, when one is single?

Hmm.   maybe this should be a different topic... smile.gif  (sorry JB)

Roz

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2003 - 3:48am / Post ID: #

SA Ages 30+
A Friend

SA Ages 30+

Howdy,

A newby here....Just diving in to the forums to have some fun....I'm intrigued by the conversation about adoption here....Although I haven't ever given it much thought personally, I think it's a very noble thing and have many (married) friends who have adopted, especially from foreign countries....When it is feasible and directed by inspiration, I think that's wonderful....FarSeer, great insights and interesting food for thought about singles and adopotion...THX!!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Nov, 2003 - 9:11am / Post ID: #

SA Ages 30+
A Friend

SA Ages 30+

I am 33, have 3 teenage children ( yes, I know I started young ) & have been a member of the church for three years. I've been single for just over two & a half years. I look forward to making lots of new friends here (hopefully).
Maybe life will start to get interesting!

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2003 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #

SA Ages 30+
A Friend

SA Ages 30+ Mormon Doctrine Studies

Well I have unique situation. I have been a member of the Church for almost 9 years. I have never been married, I don't have any children, I'm of Black and Native American desent. I date white men. But every member of the church sees fit to try to fix me up with the only black male they know. When I explain to them that I'm not interested they seem very surprised. I tell them I didn't date black men before I joined the Church and don't feel that now that I'm a member I should start. I also get very strange looks when I attend the Temple or when I visit my friends wards. People say the strangest things to me. I feel like I won't get married in the Church because I don't know if there is a man out there who is willing to date outside of his race. So I may have to find someone outside of the Church and pray that he joins someday. I would rather not because it makes for a much harder relationship, and being in an interracial relationship is hard anyway. Not any harder than any other relationship for the people involved but harder because the world makes it that way. All relationships are hard it just depends on how much work each person is willing to put into it.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: SA Ages 30+

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,