California Death Penalty - Page 2 of 3

Executions could resume after California Supreme - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 25th Aug, 2017 - 3:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
California Executions Excutions - Death Row
Post Date: 26th Aug, 2016 - 3:02am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

California Death Penalty - Page 2

Death row inmates dying from illegal drugs

Despite being some of the most monitored prisoners in the state, six condemned inmates have died at San Quentin with illegal drugs in their systems, and eight others have overdosed since 2010. Experts suspect the drug trade is aided by prison staff Ref. Source 4l.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2016 - 2:12am / Post ID: #

Penalty Death California

Court puts death penalty measure on hold

The California Supreme Court halted the implementation of the voter-approved measure that would speed up the death penalty process due to a lawsuit challenging the law. Opponents say Prop. 66 limits appeals time. Supporters call the suit a stall tactic. Ref. Source 5n.

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2017 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

California Death Penalty History & Civil Business Politics

California moves toward resuming executions

California has long been what one expert calls a "Symbolic death penalty state," one of 12 that has capital punishment on the books but has not executed anyone in more than a decade. The state may now be easing back toward allowing executions. Ref. Source 2p.

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2017 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #

California Death Penalty
A Friend

Page 2 Penalty Death California

Wow, 750 people on death row. I would think that is cruel and unusual staying on death row that long… waiting for death. Better to get it done and over with. Of course, I'm not on death row so I wouldn't know.

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2017 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #

California Death Penalty
A Friend

Penalty Death California

I'd be inclined to agree. Life imprisonment is in my estimation worse than execution already. Life imprisonment where execution is promised but constantly delayed…

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2017 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

California Death Penalty
A Friend

California Death Penalty

.. Is a combination of the worst of both. I see you think like I do in this regards. In addition, we are paying for their lawyers for decades while they fight this. On the flip side, death is pretty final and if we make a mistake and convict the wrong person there is no making up for that.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Apr, 2017 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

California Death Penalty
A Friend

California Death Penalty - Page 2

Indeed, I sometimes have to wonder how many people on death row are there because their defense lawyers aren't fighting as hard as they should. Having a death row client is easy guaranteed income.

Post Date: 25th Aug, 2017 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

California Death Penalty Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Executions could resume after California Supreme Court leaves most of Proposition 66 intact. Justices rule that measure's provision for speeding up appeals is not mandatory. But for condemned inmates who have exhausted appeals, ruling could lead to resumption of executions. Source 6h.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: California Death Penalty

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,