War Of The Gods Side Stories.

War Gods Side Stories - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 14th Oct, 2010 - 4:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (12) »
28th Sep, 2010 - 4:01pm / Post ID: #

This is where side story and solo or split missions will take place, I strongly encourage Wa of the Gods players who's characters are not in here to avoid reading it!

Sponsored Links:
29th Sep, 2010 - 3:44pm / Post ID: #

Stories Side Gods The War

Un'Roggars disappearance

After the ceremony farewelling the dead and the commotion with Wolter and the magic dagger, revealing the nature of the approaching ship

Un upon making his way back to his room, finds Dorian sitting on his bed holding one of Uns spare shirts. Uns bag is open and so are all the draws and cupboards only they are empty while his bag is not.
Dorian pauses for a second like an alert deer, "sorry but you are not suppose to be here, on this ship I mean..."

Behind Un a more calm and sensible voice speaks reason, The captain says
"I have been made well aware you are a fugitive of the imperial navy and that is who is coming to us, be it for you or just to inflict a pain within me, I know not nor care. I ask that you hide until they are gone."

In his voice you detect he may be claiming an idea that was not his, as his own, but none the less you are given no other option but to comply.

You are set up with a portable hole all your possesions, a lamp, rations for three days (just incase) and a bottle of air, (the magic one)
With no way to tell the time or what is going on around you it becomes a feat of will power to remain within the darkness.
When boredom has consumed you to the verge of insanity and your whetstone has been ground to dust and food and water is no more you attempt to climb your way out but find something is restricting the hole from opening up.
A slither of fresh air streams through as a tiny gap opens allowing noises to slip through.

You catch snippets of a conversation but something is muffling the sound. One voice is clearly one or both of the twin dancers the other is the unforgettable sound of your old dwarven captain. It begins with the dwarf.
"... .een a pleasure .... ...ness .... ..." / "...wise" / "send ... .... ... Let them ...." / "ok ..... ... Deal" / "yeah yeah ... ... Camel riders .. Die" / "... .... Simple" / "... Never ... Si..."

Then nothing, a few hours pass, any attempts to open the hole fail then finally it just spring open on its own, and from in the hole looking up you see a solid steel roof,(of the cage you are pressumably in) and a very scared man looking back at you, he is holding a small box and a iron clamp. (dressed like an imperial sailor, general sailors garb with more white cloth and insignia)

Reconcile Edited: testsubject1 on 29th Sep, 2010 - 3:50pm

1st Oct, 2010 - 8:14am / Post ID: #

War Of The Gods Side Stories. Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"You there!" Un'Rogaar calls to the sailor. "Where are we, and why are we here?!"

Un'Rogaar then proceeds to climb up and out of the portable hole.

OOC: You said all of my possessions, weapons/armor inclusive? At any rate, I'd like to be holding my crowbar until I work out what's going on here.

11th Oct, 2010 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

As you climb out of the whole you realize and know exactly where you are,

You stand in a well made and enforced 10ft square steel cage, it is placed in one half of a 40ft by 80ft long room with iron bars dividing the room in half leaving a 5ft walkway around your cage,
on the other side of the bars the room is empty except for a guard sitting on a stool in each far corner and a smooth round rock perched on a chair in the center of the room, on the ceiling(20ft), above the strange rock and chair is a 10ft square hatch made of 2 half doors.

You know very well that this was to store strange beasts that were captured when you visited uncharted lands, a crane would lower the cage you currently reside in down the hatch then it would hook onto a latch and raise the iron bars that divide the room and then using chains the cage would be dragged to the other side.

This was often your job.

The sailor sharing your cage can only stutter "a at sea" as he shields himself with his arms whilst cowering in fear.

(Yes you have all your possessions plus anything in the room that might have been yours and anything you could of and might have requested, the captain made sure you had everything you owned and at the time you thought it was to better hide you without raising suspicion but now?... )

12th Oct, 2010 - 7:07am / Post ID: #

Un'Rogaar shouts to the closest guard "Sailor, what is the meaning of this?!", watching for any indication of the man's rank, along with any other physical details he can discern from afar.

OOC: Does Un'Rogaar recognise this particular ship, or just this make of ship? With regards to the spread of the bars, I expect that I could fit an arm through fairly easy? Nothing special about the cage, just ordinary iron bars? Is the entrance to the cage a door, and if so, how does it lock? Does the hatch look strong? Considering the precautions already taken, will the hatch also be locked from the outside? From memory, is there anything akin to an emergency release? Is the crane controlled soley from the main-deck? How do the guards transit into and out of the hold? How do the guards communicate with the rest of the ship? Considering both my character's Strength and Intelligence, would he think it possible for him to break the lock/bars? Does it feel as though we are at sea, or docked/moored somewhere?

Spot/Listen check to determine whatever I can about the stone under the entrance (+0).

12th Oct, 2010 - 5:41pm / Post ID: #

This is the ship you once worked on and you are still at sea and moving.

Your cage is reinforced heavy iron with no door, the top and sides lift up from the base, the 8 latches that prevent this are currently open.
You imagine it would be quite difficult to lift without a crane or aid, more so to maneuver out while holding it up.

As you shout at one of the sailors you get the idea he has no formal rank, he sits slouched on his stool with no armor or weapon and he looks up at you with a smirk, on his pale clammy face, dark heavy bags hang under blood shot eyes. He chuckles softly wich quickly turns into a cough.

As you examine the rock suddenly "Bwhah I have you now!" bellows out as your old captain begins shouting at you through it, this goes on for a while, some insults you understand others you don't.

This is what you gather in his anger and accusations

On one of your early adventures with him, he was given a ring by a stranger and promised it led to an item so great it would see him shoot through the Imperial ranks and win absolute favour of the Perialas (Head of the new church to the coming of the one god)

Slowly this became an obsession that pushed further and further away from the funded and intended, ordered missions so he was farced to stretch his recourses (you) thin.

You left, disgraced, sabotaged and humiliated him almost right infront of the item.
In your place he lost many 'good' men trying to aquire it but none the less he did and almost forgot about you until,

Under orders to return to base for breeching commands, losing men and wasting funds he feared not their judgement sure with his item in hand he would gain exemption.
On the way docked at a friends promising wealth and the lifting of an ancient long forgotten debt.

Thats when he believes you intervened, it was no coincidence the lady Elizebeth chose you as her guard you both fled from the same person. However he believes you forced her to steal it then kidnapped her and killed her.
You have until night fall (4 hours approx) to tell him where both items are,

(sorry I wrote it out better the 1st time but I lost it all....)

Reconcile Edited: testsubject1 on 12th Oct, 2010 - 5:43pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Oct, 2010 - 9:08am / Post ID: #

War The Gods Side Stories.

"Bah" grunts the half-giant, dismissively. "You're a fool. My intentions with Elizabeth were nought but refuge from the very man she has led me back to. An ogre of a character by the name of Urgof boarded our ship along with his hoard. Very nearly killed me, and succeeded in killing Elizabeth, before a companion of mine dealt him his last hand. Doubtlessly one of his peons left with your items."

Un'rogaar shoulders his weighty sword, and finds a corner to sit with his back to nobody. Breaking open a trail ration, he calls to the stone, chewing as he speaks: "Where are we? You'll be wanting to find my party, if you want your item. There was a man there, a Gray, who knew something more than he would admit to about the attack. My bet would be that he'd talk, given a weighty helping of naval encouragement ......."

"I need a drink, and meat, and WE need to talk. Let me out of this box. This is all I will tell to a stone, and all you'll be wanting your grunts privvy to."

Un'Rogaar leans his head back against the bars, feeling safer than he'd care to admit back on his former vessel. He lets his eyes fall shut, keeping his ears open, wide.

14th Oct, 2010 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #

War The Gods Side Stories. D&D / Pathfinder Archive

The last thing the stone mumbles angrily to you is "none of it matters, for you anyway! Its too late for that" then you are left in silence, there is an occasional soft thudding from out side and above, the guards breath deeply and slowly but are continually interrupted by an ever growing itch.

You can feel the presence of the sailor in your cell as he watches you wanting to talk but to fearful to interrupt your nap,

As time passes the stone makes no more sound, your cell mate has began pacing and the guards now are breathing more erratically and scratching at their skin in an almost madness. You open your eyes just as the cage around you begins to lift up, looking up you can see out the open hatch to the starry night sky, lit by a full moon, its marvel radiates down through your room.

"It.. Its going.. There going to open it" your cell mate stammers before falling back to the far corner, pointing at the bars in the center of the room dividing you from the raging howling guards.

(the walls of your cage are now pressed firmly agains the roof of this room secure at 10ft off the ground, the base of the cage is on the floor still with you and a open portable hole, the middle bars will be up in a round or two, yes they are werewolves, seemingly changing for the first time as they appear scared and confused)

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (12) »

> TOPIC: War Of The Gods Side Stories.

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.