General Conf. Oct 4th-5th, 2003

General Conf Oct 4th-5th 2003 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 4th Oct, 2003 - 8:51am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

2nd Oct, 2003 - 10:50pm / Post ID: #

Every six months the Church has a world-wide conference. Many look forward with anticipation of anything 'new from the Lord'.  This thread has been started for the following purposes:

BEFORE

1. Say whatever you would like to hear in particular before the conference
2. Say who you look forward to hearing from the most

AFTER

1. Your thoughts of how the conference went
2. Your favorite talks and why
3. What you learnt, found to be 'new from the Lord'
[hr]

For the 'before' part. i would like to hear about the 'end' times and current Church expansion. Preparedness is also a topic I will be interested in. I look forward to hearing the Prophet of course, but Elders Holland and Scott are my favorite.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2003 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

th-th Oct Conf General

I like to go with a question in mind I have done it before it is pretty cool. I want to hear about missionary work, temples and all the other good stories. I can't wait to hear from Gordon B. Hinley he is always one of my favorites along with Thomas S. Monson.

3rd Oct, 2003 - 11:56am / Post ID: #

General Conf. Oct 4th-5th, 2003 Studies Doctrine Mormon

I can't think of anything specific I would like to hear.  I just want to be open to whatever theme our leaders have decided we need to focus upon for this conference.

My favorite speakers are the Prophet - I just love that man.  You can feel the love he has for people just eminate from him.  I imagine he is about as close to the Saviour as one can get in this life.  I don't mean he is close to him personally (though I am sure he is) I mean his example, and the way he lives his life, and his approach to people is probably very close to what it would have been like to walk the earth with the Saviour in his mortal days.  He is also a very good speaker.  I love his sense of humor and he really holds my interest through out any talk he gives.

My other favorite is Henry B. Eyering.  He, too, is a very good speaker and always holds my interest.

Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2003 - 3:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

th-th Oct Conf General

I love conference.  It has been a highlight throughout the years and I look forward to hear what will be said.

I would like 'my' understanding to be expanded so I can really 'hear' what is being said not just the surface.  

I love to listen to Pres. Hinkley the most - I also like, Holland, Packer, Scott, Pinegar (even though he isn't a GA anymore).

Good listening all.  Patty

3rd Oct, 2003 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

th-th Oct Conf General

[quote] 1. Say whatever you would like to hear in particular before the conference[/quote]

More about the war in Iraq, I would like to hear about the difference between Revelation of God and opinion of the Prophets (lol...I know it will never happen) wink.gif More about the Word of Wisdom, Unrighteous Dominion in the Church and Fellowshipping.

[quote] Say who you look forward to hearing from the most[/quote]

The Prophet of course! ;D, Elder Scott, Pres. Faust and Elder Holland.

Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2003 - 7:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

their should be a final call for faith because as the middle east crisis develops the lords coming is not far away.also these are the times when everyone is going to be tested.my favorite speakers are pres monsoon,elder holland and elder maxwell.ofcourse without the prophet conference would not be the same in any sphere.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Oct, 2003 - 8:20am / Post ID: #

General Conf. Oct 4th-5th 2003

I won't get to watch most of it because we don't have TV in our home, but I will be able to watch some that will be taped by a friend of mine.

I look forward to seeing/hearing the Prophet, especially since he was actually here recently to dedicate our new temple.  And I usually enjoy the talks presented by women smile.gif  I hope to hear about preparedness -- spiritual and temporal -- and as ashes said, a call to faith.

Roz

4th Oct, 2003 - 8:51am / Post ID: #

General Conf. Oct 4th-5th 2003 Mormon Doctrine Studies

[quote]I won't get to watch most of it because we don't have TV in our home, but I will be able to watch some that will be taped by a friend of mine.[/quote]

Roz, your "flag" seems indicate you are in the US.  Doesn't your ward or stake center have it broadcast on satellite?

I like to listen to it on my computer over the internet.

> TOPIC: General Conf. Oct 4th-5th, 2003

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,