Pamela Introduction

Pamela Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 1st Oct, 2010 - 5:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 1st Oct, 2010 - 2:03pm / Post ID: #

Pamela Introduction
A Friend

Pamela Introduction

Hi, I'm interested in the discussions on home schooling in Trinidad I have a six year old in std 1 of primary school,this is actually his third school and I am not impressed by what I see so I am considering home schooling him,I came across this forum during my search and was both pleased and surprised at how many parents actually home school their children,so basically I'd like advice on the do's and don'ts and where do I start and how do I go about doing this,whom do I have to go to. Thank you.

Edited Message Edited...
Support: Changed your title so it does not conflict with another thread we have here. Thanks for understanding.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Oct, 2010 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

Introduction Pamela

Welcome to this International Community!

I'm Rasta, I normally handle the Trinidad & Tobago Boards related section of this International Community. Please note a few things:

1. No dialect is allowed, only clear well written English.
2. Keep Trinidad & Tobago related messages in the T&T Section.
3. You may like to take a minute to update your profile by clicking on 'My Controls' near the top of this page and clicking on any 'Edit' link.
4. If you are ever lost then use the Site Map or check the T&T section directly Trinidad & Tobago Board.

Please do begin participating by sharing your views on the many topics covered within the Community.

Here are some quick links for you to look over when you have time:
Read --> Posting Policy | See All Boards | Site Map | FAQ

Post Date: 1st Oct, 2010 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

Pamela Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Welcome Pamela! I think this is the thread you are looking for: Source 5 if you need any further help please do ask.

Post Date: 1st Oct, 2010 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.0%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Introduction Pamela

Welcome Pamela. Hope you have a great time in our community. If you don't mind answering, what are some of the reasons you chose to change schools so many times for your kid? How is he doing? Take Care,
LDS

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 1st Oct, 2010 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

Pamela Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Pamela

Hi LDS, he's doing better now this morning he wasn't so good,he doesn't know what let me first explain the type of child my son is,he is very quiet and non-aggressive he is usually picked on not only by his school mates but his cousins as well, he doesn't fight he doesn't now how to lie or pretend, I moved him from his first school because I got married and it was too far to commute,now this school is the one I attended and my mother before me in fact almost everyone in my family who lives in that area attended that particular primary school, his second school was always dirty other boys started taking his snacks and his money, I made several complaints to the principal she did nothing about it even though she said she would so I moved him to his present school, the same thing has happened but not as much as in his previous school, he started std 1 in September, I was told his teacher was very harsh this immediately worried me because I know my son.He was out of school for a couple weeks because he contracted the fever he went back to school on Monday,on Wednesday he was given dictation spelling he mis-spelled two of the words at he bottom of the page his teacher wrote the word 'correction' he showed me the book and asked what he was supposed to do I asked him if she explained it to him he said no and I did not understand it either, this morning he woke up and started complaining of a tummy ache,then he started to cry when I asked him what was wrong he told me his teacher hit him on his back four times and his hand two times with a ruler because he was supposed to have put in the correct spelling of the word,he was so afraid to go to school that he started throwing up, I was so upset that I myself started to cry, I don't hit my son and I don't think a teacher who I s supposed to be passing her knowledge to her students not making them afraid is supposed to either, I had been talking to my husband about home schooling for quite some time then I stumbled across this forum.
We always tell our children that hitting and violence is not the answer, when we as adults do it isn't it like contradicting what we say, I really need some help here. Thank you.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please make spaces after a dot or comma so your text is not all jumbled together.

Post Date: 1st Oct, 2010 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod

Pamela Introduction

Pamela, I'm so sorry to read about the things your son has been going through. Unfortunately, it is more common than most people think and the MAIN reason I chose to homeschool. I have some questions so I could better advise you if you don't mind:

1. Are these schools you mentioned private or public?

2. Does your son has any sort of special needs? (dyslexia, slow learner, autism, speech delay, etc?)

3. What kind of formal education do you have? (secondary school, college?)

Looking forward to your reply,
LDS

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Oct, 2010 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Pamela Introduction
A Friend

Pamela Introduction

Well the schools he attended so far has been public schools, he doesn't have any special needs he is an amazing reader, he is a bit slow at writing but I want to start giving him short passages to write while giving him a time limit to complete it,my education is at secondary level even if I have to take some classes to improve myself to better help him I'm willing to and I have some great friends who completed university level education who will be willing to help I'm sure I even have a cousin who lives not to far away who is a teacher.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please make sure a space is after each period or comma so your text is not all jumbled together. See Constructive Posting Policy.

Post Date: 1st Oct, 2010 - 5:31pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod

Pamela Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing

I will reply to your post in the homeschooling in Trinidad thread (feel free to ask any questions you want in that thread), also I am pretty sure you would like to give your thoughts to the following thread:

Corporal Punishment in Trinidad

Blog Read My Blog
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Pamela Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,