Special Needs Mormon Members - Page 3 of 6

[quote]I know LDS will come along and say - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 20th Nov, 2003 - 2:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
LDS Special Needs
Special Needs Mormon Members Related Information to Special Needs Mormon Members
11th Nov, 2003 - 4:45pm / Post ID: #

Special Needs Mormon Members - Page 3

Yes, I've already contacted the temple.  But the matron there said I was calling too soon. ??  So I'll call again the Monday before to explain in more detail the help I will need, which is basically just with moving her from room to room and dressing her.  It will work out.  We know Who is the Boss. smile.gif

Roz

Sponsored Links:
11th Nov, 2003 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

Members Mormon Special

FarSeer, I know everything will be fine with your sister.  I think the key is to just remember that you are in the Temple and she is a child of God.  He wants her to be there so if there is any disruption, just let it go because Heavenly Father understands and loves your sister just as she is.

We have a deaf high school student in our Ward.  I don't know if he has a calling, but he does bless the sacrament.  He signs the prayer and someone else reads it as he progresses through it in ASL.

He is in my home study seminary class and his mother comes to sign for him.  I have taken some classes and make an attempt to "speak" with him a little as well so he will feel included.  He is really a great kid.

11th Nov, 2003 - 6:14pm / Post ID: #

Special Needs Mormon Members Studies Doctrine Mormon

[quote]Heavenly Father understands and loves your sister just as she is.[/quote]  True, and I do as well.  I'm more worried about how I'll handle it, I guess.  But I'm trying to be calm.

[quote]We have a deaf high school student in our Ward........I have taken some classes and make an attempt to "speak" with him a little as well so he will feel included.[/quote]  That is a great thing for you to do, Tena -- and not just for interacting with this young man.  You may come into contact with others who communicate this way, and what a blessing it would be for you both.  How many teachers, on a volunteer basis, that you know of are willing to go that extra mile for *one kid*?  Awesome.

Roz

12th Nov, 2003 - 4:06pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Members Mormon Special

Farseer, your sister is so blessed to have you and as she knew before coming to this Earth all the tribulations she was going to endure, Heavenly Father assigned you to be her sister, what a wonderful blessing! I know you will do great with her in the Temple! what a humble experience, I wish I was there to give you a hand! It humbles to read your post and know how much you love her and how much Heavenlt Father loves both of you. Your sister may not be able to speak properly but God listens to our hearts, that's all it matters. I wish you well and I will pray for you and your sister. Lots of Love,
Sol

Post Date: 17th Nov, 2003 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

Special Needs Mormon Members
A Friend

Members Mormon Special

I consider myself: I'm Active
Years a Member: 51

I sure hope we get to hear about how it goes. Something I've learned in my life. They say that faith precedes the miracle. It will be hard work for both you and your sister to get to the temple, but it will all definitely be worth it. You will be so surrounded by members wanting to help the two of you. You might not realize it, but I'm sure many of the people who end up helping you will also have had personal experiences very similar to yours. It will be one of the best experiences in your entire mortal life.
I have two sons with learning disabilities that we are still trying to get to that point. Keep the faith and don't worry about what other's think. It will all work out better than you could ever imagine

Post Date: 20th Nov, 2003 - 12:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

My first husband was in a wheelchair for 25 years, 14 of which we were married, at which time his body said enough!  He has been gone for almost 17 years and I still remember how people treated him.  The kids were the best - they loved everything about him and asked all kinds of questions.  The adults had a very hard time relating to him  - until they got to know him.  He was called to many positions - Executive Secretary, Scout Master, teacher to name a few.  He was so good to me and helped me so much.  

Treat everyone the same - love them, talk to them as you would any other person, ask questions - would rather have questions than to have you assume anything.  They love attention just as much as we do - some even more.  

Keep up the good work all.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Nov, 2003 - 7:53am / Post ID: #

Special Mormon Members - Page 3

[quote]The kids were the best - they loved everything about him and asked all kinds of questions.[/quote]
The children always show us adults up. Hence the Lord spoke of us (adults) becoming as a little child and 'out of the mouth of babes'. We could well take a good example from the children in meeting and greeting the special need members, or anyone disabled for that matter.
[offtopic]I know LDS will come along and say there are some 'evil' kids out there, but I think they are the exception and are probably suffering from either lack of love or abuse.[/offtopic]

20th Nov, 2003 - 2:48pm / Post ID: #

Special Mormon Members Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 3

[quote]I know LDS will come along and say there are some 'evil' kids out there, but I think they are the exception and are probably suffering from either lack of love or abuse.[/quote]

LOL you're something else JB :smile.gif No, I was not going to say that :smile.gif although is true wink.gif I'm just kidding smile.gif I know kids are innocent and the way they act is sometimes because of lack of love and abuse sad.gif

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Special Needs Mormon Members

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,