Special Needs Mormon Members - Page 4 of 6

FarSeer, I, too, was so happy to read of your - Page 4 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 30th Nov, 2003 - 10:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
LDS Special Needs
Special Needs Mormon Members Related Information to Special Needs Mormon Members
27th Nov, 2003 - 2:28pm / Post ID: #

Special Needs Mormon Members - Page 4

Well, here we go! Leaving tonite for Los Angeles. The transportation is reserved, sister's temple recommend is renewed, I've spoken to the matron again. And found that we will be able to have the hospital staff dress my sister in her temple gown prior to the trip -- this will be such a great help! I didn't know if it was appropriate, my mother said my sister had requested it, and I called and asked the matron. At first they said no! Then she asked a supervisor or something, and said it would be okay. That's a big hurdle right there. Things will be much simpler.

I'll tell you all about it after we get home smile.gif Thanks so much for the support, encouragement, and kind words!

Roz

Sponsored Links:
27th Nov, 2003 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Members Mormon Special

And found that we will be able to have the hospital staff dress my sister in her temple gown prior to the trip -

You mean her garments or her ceremonial clothing (robes)?

28th Nov, 2003 - 7:11pm / Post ID: #

Special Needs Mormon Members Studies Doctrine Mormon

She probably means the white dress, slip, stockings, etc. Many people do not realize that the clothing (other than the ceremonial robes) can be worn outside the Temple. It is only the cermonial stuff that is sacred, not the white dress.

29th Nov, 2003 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Members Mormon Special

She probably means the white dress, slip, stockings, etc. Many people do not realize that the clothing (other than the ceremonial robes) can be worn outside the Temple. It is only the cermonial stuff that is sacred, not the white dress.

Yes, but I was wondering what she meant by that because there is more than just the white dress and the stockings wink.gif

30th Nov, 2003 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

Members Mormon Special

Hi! We're back. Yes, I meant just her dress, slip, and stockings. This was a big help, really, she is so ... sheesh, hard to find the right word here... she's "wooden" I guess is a good word. her muscles are so stiff, it's almost impossible to "unfold" her.

So she was dressed on Friday morning when I went to pick her up. And looked beautiful! My mother had gone early to the hospital to fix her hair and makeup.

The transit driver was a few minutes early, and we were in no rush. It was very pleasant and quiet, no traffic problems. When you approach the Santa Monica area, you can see the temple from the highway.

I didn't expect to be so emotional! I was all teary from the time we drove up until about halfway through the session. I just couldn't stop! I finally was biting the inside of my cheek to make myself stop crying and pay attention.

We had help from the entrance all the way through. Everyone was so sweet and gentle with my sister. I explained that she can hear and understand everything just as well as we do, but has trouble speaking. That she is not deaf or mentally handicapped. And that sudden movements are very painful for her. We did the best we could with her, and she was just so happy.

She had asked me before we left to find out if she could have a blessing while we were there. So when we were done with our session, and we had lunch in the cafeteria smile.gif , we went down to the temple president's office to ask. Well, he was right there in the foyer to his office, and greeted us very warmly. I told him she had asked for a blessing, and that when she makes such an effort to be understood, she really wants or needs something. He took us right into his office, and called one of his counselors, and they blessed her there and then.

We had a few minutes before the transit driver came to pick us up, so we toured the grounds. There was a lot of activity with Christmas lights going up and a life-size nativity scene, and planting new flowers around the walkways. The trip home was uneventful, and after the hospital staff had changed her clothes, she was nearly asleep. She said over and over, "They knew me! They knew me!" Now, I'm not sure what that means. It has been several years, maybe 3 or 4, since she attended the temple, and she was in much better shape back then. I don't know who she thought knew her, no one said anything to me about recognizing her. Did we have angels in attendance? I don't know....

It was a little stressful, only because I was concerned for her well-being. But it worked out very well, and I think future visits will be much easier.

We did it! We *did* it!

Roz

30th Nov, 2003 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

Special Needs Mormon Members

Sounds like an adventure! I look forward to hearing or cshould I say 'seeing' the good news. All will be well. All the best to you on your trip.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Nov, 2003 - 6:08pm / Post ID: #

Special Mormon Members - Page 4

Awwww Farseer, reading your message brought tears of joy to my eyes! I just imagine your sister and you there in the Temple! I cannot express with words how HAPPY I am for her and for you. You're a wonderful inspiration for her! I'm very glad everything turn just fine! smile.gif
Lots of hugs,
LDS_forever

30th Nov, 2003 - 10:26pm / Post ID: #

Special Mormon Members Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 4

FarSeer, I, too, was so happy to read of your experience at the Temple. I must admit, I am not surprised. I was a Temple worker for a while and so I know how much the workers there want it to be a pleasant experience for all. Also, I know the Lord is there and he wanted to be sure this went well for you and your sister. I am so happy for both of you!

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Special Needs Mormon Members

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,