Special Needs Mormon Members - Page 2 of 6

For sure Farseer, you will do well. I would - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 11th Nov, 2003 - 1:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
LDS Special Needs
Special Needs Mormon Members Related Information to Special Needs Mormon Members
Post Date: 11th Sep, 2003 - 2:57pm / Post ID: #

Special Needs Mormon Members
A Friend

Special Needs Mormon Members - Page 2

Good for you nick! Is is wonderful when the youth take the ball and go with it when the need arises.
Are you thinking of a possible career in interpreting?

Sponsored Links:
11th Sep, 2003 - 3:19pm / Post ID: #

Members Mormon Special

That's really nice Nick smile.gif. I would like to learn sign language too. Do you all follow the American Sign Language or another one?.

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2003 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Special Needs Mormon Members Studies Doctrine Mormon

Those are really great comments and ideas. I wonder what it will be like when I'm a parent then I will know all to well about dealing with kids. I would also like to say how great special olympics is we did it for scouts and EFY it is amazing to see how much good you can do and how happy it makes them.

12th Sep, 2003 - 3:10pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Members Mormon Special

[quote]I would also like to say how great special olympics is we did it for scouts and EFY it is amazing to see how much good you can do and how happy it makes them. [/quote]

Yes, it is! smile.gif I'm glad to hear that. smile.gif Heavenly Father has blessed a lot to those persons with some kind of disability, I notice based on the interactions I had with them in the past is that they're such a loving people, they have this special and tender love that I have not seen manifested in those who don't have disabilities.

[quote]I wonder what it will be like when I'm a parent then I will know all to well about dealing with kids.[/quote]

You will be a great parent and you will learn quickly how to deal with kids wink.gif you can start practising with your little cousins or giving a hand to a sister in the Church wink.gif

10th Nov, 2003 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

Members Mormon Special

I consider myself: I'm Active

Well, here goes.  I'm taking my sister to the temple!  Now that I have my recommend, I can take her as often as possible.

In another post, I've mentioned my sister who has multiple sclerosis and is paralyzed like a paraplegic.  She lives full time in a nursing facility.  She has a feeding tube inserted in her stomach, through the abdominal wall.  She is generally catheterized.  And...

She has a temple recommend, and a strong testimony.  Her Patriarchal Blessing says she knew before she came here what trials she would endure, and still chose to come.  She is a choice daughter of our Heavenly Parents.  It has been probably 2 or three years since she's been taken by anyone to the temple.

On the Friday after Thanksgiving, we'll be attending the Los Angeles temple.  I've spoken to one of the matrons who says they can help me with dressing her and so forth.  This will be a very uplifting experience for my sister!  She loves to get out of that hospital, even for a few minutes, and she has been longing to attend the temple.

I have to tell you that I'm scared.  My sister has all of her mental faculties -- she hears and understands everything just as you and I do.  But she is losing her capacity to speak because of the disease's effects on the muscles of her jaw and tongue, and even on her ability to draw enough breath to form words.  And so she's very emotional, and when we can't understand what *she* says to *us* she can be very difficult to deal with.  She will howl and yell and cry, which makes it even more difficult to understand what she's trying to say, because her face will actually "freeze" up with the efforts she's making.

I'm praying for patience for both of us, and the loving understanding that we should have as biological and spiritual sisters.  And that will be a miracle.  :)

Roz

11th Nov, 2003 - 12:26am / Post ID: #

Don't worry Farseer, it will be your best service to her and will teach you much more about the Lord than just simply sitting and listening. You will do well, nothing to fear. These special members help us to remember what the Lord would be doing. Seems like I am focusing on you when its not you with the 'problem' or is it? Really it does not matter what she is able to do or not do because, it 'isn't between you and her, it is between you and the Lord' wink.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Nov, 2003 - 11:46am / Post ID: #

Special Mormon Members - Page 2

Yes, it is *me* with the problem.  I want so much to take her, and I know she will appreciate it very much.  On the other hand, I've seen her throw these horrible fits when we can't understand her -- even when it's about something as simple as "please change the channel on the tv."  I don't think she would do this at the temple, but it's hard to know.  As I said before, she hears and understands everything, but she's very emotional, and I also think she's had some brain trauma -- the disease causes multiple lesions on the brain that effect behavior and thinking processes.

At any rate, thank you JB for the moral support smile.gif  It's still some weeks away, and I shouldn't be worried or I'll give myself a nervous breakdown.  I just feel very strongly that I need to take her to the temple.  I wonder sometimes about how the Lord works... how he puts us in situations and leads us to places where suddenly we are useful to someone else -- and maybe the only person who can do that one particular service.  And how it can take years to realize these plans.

I stand all amazed.

Roz

11th Nov, 2003 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #

Special Mormon Members Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

For sure Farseer, you will do well. I would of course make sure there are plently of people there to assit you and that the temple workers know way ahead of time so that they do not feel overwhelmed, also they will put the 'right' worker in the room with you so that they can handle it better than maybe a new person in training.

[quote]how he puts us in situations and leads us to places where suddenly we are useful to someone else -- and maybe the only person who can do that one particular service.  And how it can take years to realize these plans. [/quote]
Yes! I sometimes fight it, but He always let's me know who is The Boss.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Special Needs Mormon Members

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,