Your Tribe?

Your Tribe - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 22nd Oct, 2003 - 12:34am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
20th Oct, 2003 - 2:43am / Post ID: #

Your Tribe?

What is the significance of knowing which tribe you belong to in your patriarchal blessing? Do you know members that belong to unusual tribes?

Please note that it is not necessary to share word for word your own blessing as it should be deemed as sacred and specifically for your eyes and ears only.

Sponsored Links:
21st Oct, 2003 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

Tribe Your

I don't know what tribes would be considered "unusual."

Doesn't the tribe you belong to determine which blessings you are entitled to from that branch of Israel?

Roz

21st Oct, 2003 - 9:34am / Post ID: #

Your Tribe? Studies Doctrine Mormon

[quote]I don't know what tribes would be considered "unusual." [/quote]
The reason I used the word 'unusual' is just because of what you said... the blessings they get. Most people oday are from Joseph. Unusually would be... 'Dan' and 'Levi', others to. Those males who are from the tribe of Levi are supposed to have an automatic 'right' to be Bishop in the Church.

21st Oct, 2003 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

Tribe Your

I am of Ephraim.

I think that there are a few reasons that this makes a real difference.  Ephraim has a distinct calling and mission for the last days.  Ultimately, I understand that Ephraim will give up his/our position of influence to Judah, but that we have a mission to spread the news, and gather the tribes of Israel.

It is interesting to learn that the heraldic seal or coat of arms of England consists of the symbols for the tribe of Manassah.

NightHawk

21st Oct, 2003 - 6:47pm / Post ID: #

Tribe Your

Good points Nighthawk, if I get the chance I will post the symbols of each tribe here too. They are interesting.

UPDATE: As promised you can see a 'guide' to the banners of Israel that I scanned out of my scriptures at the top of this thread. Enjoy.

Post Date: 21st Oct, 2003 - 11:20pm / Post ID: #

Your Tribe?
A Friend

Your Tribe?

Other than the blessings given each tribe I have not fully understood the significance of being of one tribe or another.  Does your country/ancestry have any indication of your tribe?  For instance, I am of Ephraim yet I was born in England and my mother's family are from England and Scotland.  My father's family is ultimately from France.  Are people in the same family from different tribes?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st Oct, 2003 - 11:38pm / Post ID: #

Your Tribe

Race / country is not a issue since I have seen multiple races and families belong to the same tribe. Remember for the most part we are 'adopted' into a tribe rather than a literal descendant. For some, and this is opinion, a lot of people watch for the words, 'you are of the tribe of...' and 'you are of the lineage of...' and 'you are adopted into...' etc to decide if they are blood line or not, but like I said it is opinion. I am Ephraim, so was my father and my mother is Manassah. The Old Testament declares the blessings of the tribes. Do a search and you will find them. Joseph's sons are said to have the greatest, most likely it is seen that way because they dominate the earth now.

22nd Oct, 2003 - 12:34am / Post ID: #

Your Tribe Mormon Doctrine Studies

[quote] Race / country is not a issue since I have seen multiple races and families belong to the same tribe.[/quote]

That maybe true but I noticed that most of the descendants of 'Lamanites' (south american people) are from Manassah. I have noticed that the descendants of south american indians in Argentina were from Manassah too. Actually I was very surprised when the Patriarch said I was from Ephraim.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Your Tribe?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,