Utah's Religious Studies

Utah' S Religious Studies - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th Oct, 2014 - 2:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th Oct, 2003 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #

Utah's Religious Studies

spock.gif Isn't this interesting, you would think it would be the opposite but given Mormonism surrounds a lay ministry there isn't a monetary gain:

international QUOTE

RELIGION DEGREE? CAN'T GET ONE HERE
Utah, one of the most religious states in the union, is one of the least with regard to academic religious studies.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1,1249,...39773,00.html

Sponsored Links:
15th Dec, 2003 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

Studies Religious Utahs

At first I thought this was talking about a degree in divinity which is basically the degree ministers seek. After reading the article it seems more like just studying human behavior relative to religion? Anyway, it isn't surprising to me in either case that Utah wouldn't have a big need or desire for such a degree. The LDS Church has only lay ministry, so what would an LDS member do with a degree in Divinity or even in religion in general? I find it interesting that the other state with no program is also predominantly LDS - Idaho.

Post Date: 6th May, 2014 - 3:41pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Utah's Religious Studies Studies Doctrine Mormon

Utah leaders offer mixed reaction on prayer in public square

Local leaders react to a Supreme Court ruling that allows religion-specific prayers in government meetings. Ref. Source 2

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2014 - 2:16pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Studies Religious Utahs

Religious freedom, nondiscrimination bills to resurface at Utah Legislature

GOP legislative leaders put the brakes on bills related to marriage and nondiscrimination earlier this year. Ref. Source 7

> TOPIC: Utah's Religious Studies

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,