Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching - Page 21 of 23

It's true that it's not always - Page 21 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 23rd Feb, 2005 - 8:06am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 23 pgs.  17 18 19 20 21 22 23 
Have You Done Yours?
24th Nov, 2004 - 5:48am / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching - Page 21

That sounds like a lot of fun, and so sweet, LDS smile.gif I'm sure your sisters will enjoy it! I so wish I had more time to plan things these days!!

I was thinking of doing my "stress relief" package again, because I have all new sisters this year. It was really fun last time, and this year I don't have a companion. So I think I'll do something I already know is a hit to meet my new sisters, and hopefully lift their spirits before the "rush" of Christmas.

A $2.00 CD of Christmas music
A $0.86 loofa scrubbie
$0.99 bottle of bath oil
$0.25 package of gum
shared package of mints to sprinkle in each little baggie

I have 3 sisters this year, so about $15.00 they'll each have a little "pick me up" treat.

Sponsored Links:
24th Nov, 2004 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #

Teaching Home and Teaching Visiting

That sounds great Farseer! tongue.gif Specially because you have new sisters to Visit Teach, you should ask help to one of the RS Counselors to go with you and visit the sisters or demand a companion! laugh.gif

27th Nov, 2004 - 9:34pm / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching Studies Doctrine Mormon

Okay, I planned what my companion and I are going to do for the sisters we visit teach for december wink.gif. Let me know what you think about it....

We are going to gather ALL our sisters (there are 7 in total) in the house of one of them next saturday. I made some cute programs that have the figure of a woman-angel holding a star and in the front says "Just for you...from your Visiting Teachers". Inside is the program itself and a personal message for the sisters. We are obviously going to start with an Opening Hymn and Opening Prayer, then my companion would teach the lesson of the month of December that is about Service. Then we will ask the sisters to share their testimonies about the Savior and what Christmas mean to them. After that we will watch the video "Joy to the World" that the Church produced last year and the most important part of the evening will be an Award Ceremony. I got those fancy papers for Certificates and print it in the computer with a nice border and font, what the certificate says?. It says: An example: "Award of Merit" Presented to Mary Smith for being such an inspiration of love, compassion and selfless love and it ends with two spaces for the signatures of the Visiting Teachers and the date. Each certificate is personalized with 3 qualities that the sisters have. It looks so cute, they can put a frame on it and hang it on the wall! It looks real professional wink.gif
Then we will end up the evening with some refreshments. Each sister is going to bring something, we will have cheese paste sandwiches, cookies, fresh veggies with dip and soft drinks.

How is it sound? smile.gif

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 27th Nov, 2004 - 9:38pm

27th Nov, 2004 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

Page 21 Teaching Home and Teaching Visiting

That sounds great, LDS smile.gif You are so sweet to know your sisters so well and to point out their strengths. Have a lovely evening!

Roz

28th Nov, 2004 - 12:45am / Post ID: #

Teaching Home and Teaching Visiting

You are so sweet to know your sisters so well and to point out their strengths

Well, the truth is that I know some better than others because only a couple of Sundays I was assigned to three more sisters, but I know them from the Branch, it was hard to find some qualities for some of them because I don't know them much. It also helped me to see the positive aspects of the sisters I visit teach rather than to think in the negative ones.

Farseer since you seem you love visiting teaching like me, any other ideas for that evening?.

Update: I ordered a cake from Kiss Bakery, it will have a Christmas theme and it will say "Merry Christmas from your Visiting Teachers". smile.gif

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 30th Nov, 2004 - 12:12am

4th Feb, 2005 - 8:57pm / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching

The Relief Society President changed two sisters from my list and added to new ones (not 'new' ones really since I was their visiting teaching in the past). Last month we went to do our visits and I felt so grateful for the wonderful companion I have. She was feeling really sick (but she did not call me to cancel!) when we meet I told her, I would take her home because she needs to rest (she was not looking good at all ) and she said "No, this is what the Lord wants me to do", I said "He wants to see you healthy first" but she did not listen to me laugh.gif (she never does anyway) laugh.gif

And this made me think the following question: Do you think we can call ourselves a follower of Christ and to say that we love Heavenly Father very much and yet neglect for whatever reason our responsibilities as a Visiting Teacher or Home Teacher? (if we're healthy and able to do it)?

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 4th Feb, 2005 - 8:59pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Feb, 2005 - 10:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching - Page 21

Boy, that is a really good question. Can I say that I am trying to be like Christ if I am not keeping his commandments to 'love my neighbor' and 'feed His sheep'? As in most things, I think it depends on the desires and intentions of my heart, the reasons behind not doing it (besides health issues as you stated), and the amount of repentance and striving to improve this sacred calling. I have a strong testimony of the importance of visiting and home teaching and know that it can provide so many opportunities for friendship and fellowship, service, social refinement, and most of all spiritual growth and the strengthening of testimonies. For me personally, I really try to do mine, and if I can't for some reason, I try to make a phone call or make a special effort to contact them to let them know that I'm thinking about them.

By the way, at Christmas time me and my companion treated our 3 sisters out to breakfast and talked at one point about Christmas plans and traditions. It was a lot of fun.

Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2005 - 8:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 21

It's true that it's not always easy to do it as I often don't have lots of time to do it and cause the one I got to go to see lives far from here I don't really want to do it each month but I try to do it every month anyway and even if before to go I don't really enjoy to do it when I've done it and we're living the familly we had to teach so I always feel good and I think that it was good to do it so even if you don't really want to do it, if you do it anyway then you'll feel happy and the one you teached will be happy too cause they'll see you though of them so it's important to doit and as said dawnofthenew when we can't go to teach the one we have to teach we always can make a phone call or something special to show that we havn't forget them even if we don't go in their home to teach and cause we can always give a phone call we have no excuse if we don't do it (but if you can go to the one you have to teach so it's better)

+  « First of 23 pgs.  17 18 19 20 21 22 23 

> TOPIC: Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,