Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching - Page 23 of 23

Sadly we haven't seen our home teachers - Page 23 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 24th Jan, 2015 - 4:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 23 pgs.  19 20 21 22 23 
Have You Done Yours?
Post Date: 24th Nov, 2007 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching - Page 23

"[The] need today [for Christlike love] is as great as or perhaps even greater than when the Savior walked on this earth. As shepherds we must understand that we should nurture each one of our sheep to bring them to Christ, which is the purpose of all we do in this Church. ". . . As we stay in tune with the needs of the people, we can strengthen them and help them overcome their challenges, so they will remain steadfast in the way which will lead them back to our Heavenly Father's presence and help them endure to the end."
Ref. (Ulisses Soares, "Feed My Sheep," Ensign, Nov. 2005, 98)

Sponsored Links:
2nd Mar, 2008 - 1:59am / Post ID: #

Teaching Home and Teaching Visiting

I have done mine for this month. It is always good to see the sisters. It will be probably my last as my due date approaches and is harder to walk in the middle of the hot sun in Trinidad! My sisters were good in spirits and glad for the visit.

Post Date: 25th Jul, 2010 - 9:45pm / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching Studies Doctrine Mormon

Name: DK

Comments: If home and visiting teaching is so important how come it is not part of the temple recommend questions? How can you go to the temple but not do either of those?

2nd Apr, 2014 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #

Page 23 Teaching Home and Teaching Visiting

I recently was given new assignments and a new companion.  I hope to be able to do some visits this month.  I have always enjoyed VT because it creates such a special bond between you and the sisters you visit.  A wonderful program.

3rd Apr, 2014 - 9:55am / Post ID: #

Teaching Home and Teaching Visiting

I went VT yesterday, it was great because the sisters really enjoyed the visit. I always can tell by how much they talk. I think VT is "contagious" once you get to know the sisters and they feel the special bond you want to share with them, they themselves want to go out and also do their VT and share that same special connection.

5th Apr, 2014 - 8:39pm / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching

Visiting Teaching (And Home Teaching) can literally change lives. I have seen it happen. One of my favorite experiences is with one of my best friends. She has been more like a VT to me in the way she has helped me through many health issues and with the kids over the past 15 years. She had been inactive, but came a couple times every few months. We never gave up on her or thought she didn't have a "testimony" -we just loved her and were grateful for all that she did do.

Fast forward to Nov/Dec 07 and she had an emotional situation where she really needed some down time and a place to sort through things. We invited her here as long as she needed to be and WOW, what a great thing we have witnessed. Things spiritually fell together piece by piece and she returned to church full time. She has scripture study and prayer with us when she is here and is now preparing to take the temple prep classes. My joy is so complete to see someone return to the fold as I was inactive for over 5 years and I know the joy it brings. As a bonus, when her grandchildren came here to play, they would have lunch and my kids would pray so they went home and asked their mom (My friends dtr, also inactive)
if they could pray before dinner. It made her think about bringing them to church-which she did. She has been back every week since then (3 weeks) and has the older son, who is in my dtrs. Class, in Primary and he loves it.

This has been one VT experience that I will never forget! We just never know and a lot of these experiences are there waiting to happen.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Jan, 2015 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching - Page 23

Sadly we haven't seen our home teachers for a long time. We never press and they never ask to come, its not a big deal but at least it will be nice to get a call now and again.

> TOPIC: Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,