Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching - Page 2 of 23

QUOTE If your companion cancels with the family, - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 4th Aug, 2003 - 10:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (23) »
Have You Done Yours?
3rd May, 2003 - 1:16pm / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching - Page 2

Bell, it's good to know you have home teachers who care about you and your family! smile.gif  Maybe the families you are assigned to are waiting to feel the same way. wink.gif I enjoy visiting teaching soooo much!. It's a great opportunity to serve and to get those sisters who are inactive or sick. I really enjoy the visits every month.
Giraf98, it's not your fault. Sometimes, Home Teachers and Visiting Teacher need a good rebuke! LOL j/k. But I know how you feel. We want people caring for us without being so mechanic on what they're doing....what I would suggest is to talk with your Visiting Teachers and find out why they stay for such a short time or what I would do is to find out with the Relief Society President and explain her how you feel. Some sisters don't even realize they do it and they need to know so they can improve in their VT. Maybe if you go to Church and see you often they will more comfortable. It will also be a good oportunity for you to speak with the RS President. Remember she's there to help us. smile.gif
But don't blame yourself,  just think that some people just don't know the importance of it, but remember that Heavenly Father is always ready for a 'visit' ;D he is always there for you...whenever you need him without having to make an appointment! LOL
If I was in the USA and live in the boundaries of your ward, I would love to be your VT, we would have so much fun! smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
1st Jul, 2003 - 10:54pm / Post ID: #

Teaching Home and Teaching Visiting

I had a hard time with VT because I didn't feel worthy to "teach" my sisters!  Especially when I was still smoking -- how great would that be?  to have your VT come over and just REEK of smoke??  I was way too embarrassed in the beginning.  I finally quit smoking( !!!)  and talked to my VT leader, and we are going to change my list a bit so that I can visit other sisters who work full time or who are single mothers.  And even some who are inactive so that I can share my experience of reactivation with them -- maybe encourage them to come out to church.  But it took me a long time to get comfortable just to tell her how I felt  (duh!).

2nd Jul, 2003 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching Studies Doctrine Mormon

It's good to hear you're back in the Church and ready to help your sisters. smile.gif I admire your willingness and love. smile.gif I know you will do great on VT and so many sisters are in need for our love, time and willingness to just listen. Everytime I visit my assigned sisters I feel they want me and my companion to stay forever, some of them are so lonely or sick and the visits comfort  them in such a way. It's like a healing for the soul.

3rd Jul, 2003 - 3:54am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Teaching Home and Teaching Visiting

[quote]It's good to hear you're back in the Church and ready to help your sisters. smile.gif I admire your willingness and love. smile.gif I know you will do great on VT and so many sisters are in need for our love, time and willingness to just listen. Everytime I visit my assigned sisters I feel they want me and my companion to stay forever, some of them are so lonely or sick and the visits comfort  them in such a way. It's like a healing for the soul.[/quote]

Thank you... I'm working on it!  One day at a time, line upon line...

Yes... and my visiting teacher is one of my closest friends at church, she is so awesome.  I don't know if I can have that kind of influence on other people.

Roz

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2003 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching
A Friend

Teaching Home and Teaching Visiting

Two problems that I have crossed in hy Home Teaching are that sometimes it can be very hard to motivate your companion... My last companion would call just before we were to go out and cancel, he would call the family first then me... kinda hard to get anything done that way... The Next difficulty that I discovered in getting 100% is that I currently have 1 active member and 7 inactives... problem is 6 of the inactives moved and left no forwarding address... we are not allowed to remove them from our list until we find out where they went and sent the records to that ward...

Of course my EQ president is understanding why we haven't got 100%, and he tells us that His concern is not quantity as much as quality...

Just my ramblings on the subject at hand...

31st Jul, 2003 - 4:20pm / Post ID: #

I hear you Wan, sometimes this is a issue itself (to motivate your companion) It happened to me lots of times with my companions and it made me really frustrated to the point that  I ended up to ask for another companion because we were losing a lot of trust of the sisters we visited (coming always late and stuff make people to be turn off!). I think our Church have a problem in Visiting and Home Teaching, it seems like there is not a real interest in the welfare of our brothers and sisters, mostly it is just like a number and something that must be fill in  a report rather than the spiritual stuff behind it. What do you all think this is happening?.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Aug, 2003 - 9:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching - Page 2

Sheesh, people are so lazy.  It takes like 20 minutes to visit and share a message with a family.  20 minutes a month.  Grrrr.  Of course, sometimes I miss, so I'm a hypocrite.  But I don't miss for a whole year like a lot of people do.  At least I try to contact them every month.  Hometeaching is being a friend.  Just do what friends do.  

I have an idea.  Give people alternatives to giving a spiritual message.  Make it more fun by having some exciting thing home teachers and their families can do together.  Have game nights together!  Yes, you are allowed to be their friend.

If your companion cancels with the family, pretend you didn't know and go visit the family yourself anyway.  Tell them you thought your companion was meeting you there   wink.gif smile.gif  ;D

4th Aug, 2003 - 10:10pm / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

If your companion cancels with the family, pretend you didn't know and go visit the family yourself anyway.  Tell them you thought your companion was meeting you there

Then that does not count as Home Teaching. I know of true stories about Brothers that did that and paid a high price in the end - not recommended.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (23) »

> TOPIC: Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,