Passing The Heavenly Gift

Passing Heavenly Gift - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 24th Jan, 2015 - 4:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Passing Heavenly Gift Denver Snuffer, a lawyer and Mormon for over 40 years, was latter excommunicated from the Mormon Church after refusing to stop the publication of this book.
Post Date: 20th Jan, 2015 - 7:40am / Post ID: #

Passing the Heavenly Gift

Now that you have read the book Passing the Heavenly Gift by: Denver C. Snuffer, Jr. What is your review for it?

About Passing the Heavenly Gift: After being a Mormon for forty years, the author was excommunicated by the LDS Church because he would not withdraw publication of this book. In this book he explains how Mormonism has undergone four distinct phases. The first began in 1820 and ended with Joseph Smith's death in 1844. The second began upon Joseph Smith's death and ended with abandonment of plural marriage, publicly in 1890 and privately in 1904. In the third phase Mormonism denounced as apostasy its practice of plural wives, marking the first time an orthodox practice became grounds for excommunication. The fourth phase began with David O. McKay and is still underway. In it Mormonism has adopted corporate management techniques to consolidate and direct central church decision-making. The first phase was innovative and expansive, continually adding doctrine, scripture, teachings and ordinances. Subsequent phases have curtailed, abandoned, even denounced earlier teaching and doctrine. Phases two through four have all abandoned doctrine. Growth in these subsequent phases has been defined in terms of political influence, financial gains, cultural inroads, and population growth; while the underlying religion has been curtailed.

Illustration for Passing the Heavenly Gift by: --

Passing The Heavenly Gift (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
24th Jan, 2015 - 4:07pm / Post ID: #

Gift Heavenly Passing

international QUOTE
In it Mormonism has adopted corporate management techniques to consolidate and direct central church decision-making.

That is how the church is managed, very much like a business, but this is not unique to Mormonism. The underbelly of 99% of religions has something to do with money management. In some cases its just necessary for the church's survival, in others its just simple greed. Denver C. Snuffer reminds me of myself, I might give it a read if I come across the book.

> TOPIC: Passing The Heavenly Gift

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,