Commune With The Saints - Page 3 of 8

You are right, you do find yourself there - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 24th Nov, 2006 - 7:49am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »
When you cannot commune with the Saints... what do you do?
Commune With The Saints Related Information to Commune With The Saints
23rd Oct, 2006 - 3:40am / Post ID: #

Commune With The Saints - Page 3

I can't believe that three years have passed since I started this thread. Things have not changed at all, they got lot worst last year when an ex-member came to Church with a cutlass (machete) and threaten another member in front of the congregation. His wife defended him and his behavior despite the fact that the guy is a thief and stole money of a lot of members by fraud. But what was the brilliant idea of the District? Make the wife the District YW President and even get a job with the Church, the same woman who said that the old man who her husband threaten "deserved it".

There are so many worst things going on...you all would be literally shocked but let me share what happened today during Sacrament meeting.

We were signing the sacrament hymn and the Priesthood blessed the Sacrament. I usually bow my head but this time I was with the eyes open checking on Felipe. Well...what I saw, made me feel literally sick. I thought I was going to vomit (and I am not kidding). I saw a kid literally digging his nose for a while and then cleaning it with his hand (his father was sitting next to him and did nothing) and then with the same hand touch the sacrament tray and take the bread. I was disgusted! Then I saw a member literally coughing on the sacrament tray (he did not even covered his mouth). A little kid was playing with a coin inside his mouth! and then taking it out and touching the Sacrament with the same hand. Of course, I cannot forget a guy who is disabled and his head is full of dandruff, his flakes were like snow flakes today and he was all over the Sacrament tray....

Now, when the Sacrament reached to me, I tell you all, I thought in not participating because I started feeling sick but I did a quick prayer for the Lord to protect me after seeing the HUGE HYGIENE problem members have in Trinidad. *sigh*

I feel like I want to cry...right now, because of Church...I have Felipe with a cough and the cold and you all know what that means? Jonah is going to get sick too, everytime they go to Church, they ALWAYS get sick and is not mystery here. People are not hygienic at all.

So basically I am stuck in a country that I do not want to live, full of vice and worldiness surrounds me in and out the Church, they are changing the Curriculum for next year (Check my thread within this same board called "Change Curriculum because members are lazy?") then you do not go to activities that there is food because of the same hygiene problem and NOW is not even safe to partake the Sacrament!

I am not "Monk" but basic and proper hygiene should be something normal! This place is way too primitive. Gosh, what to do?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Nov, 2006 - 6:33pm / Post ID: #

Commune With The Saints
A Friend

Saints With Commune

Sister LDS,
I couldn't imagine the struggle you go through. I know it's hard to feel the spirit when people talk behind other people's backs, and rumors run wild. My ward in England suffers a great deal from these things. We even have the occasional gift from some child's nose, but luckily I haven't seen a machete... yet. The hardest part is when my wife is thrown into the mix because she is friends with one sister who dislikes another sister who is also a friend of my wife.
The only thing I can think of is prayer. It may not fix the problem, but can show one how conduct one's self... to answer that question "What would Jesus do?"
Stay clear of these worldly acts, because they don't bring forth good fruit.

Rather off topic, but...
Also in the spirit of fellowship, I too would like to thank you guys for this forum. So far there are only two members who attend our sacrament meeting on Sunday and that's the only day I see him because we work different shifts. This place helps me to learn, and communicate with the saints. Thanks again

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: please use the Offtopic tag when posting off topics.

3rd Nov, 2006 - 6:50pm / Post ID: #

Commune With The Saints Studies Doctrine Mormon

Stay clear of these worldly acts, because they don't bring forth good fruit.

It's interesting that you are bring this up because I was talking with JB about it during lunchtime. We were saying that we are just NOT interested in who hates who or who fall into adultery or who is pregnant out of wedlock...yet members here (leaders) tell you about it, they want to involve you on it despite your obvious no interest in these things, not to mention that the information they are sharing is supposed to be confidential. If you tell them something about it, they are quick to get offended. It's frustrating.

Post Date: 4th Nov, 2006 - 8:02pm / Post ID: #

Commune With The Saints
A Friend

Page 3 Saints With Commune

I know exactly what you mean. I'll never forget, one time we had a family from the ward over, and we were enjoying ourselves until gossip began. I that point I shut up like a clam, and tried to pay more attention to what the children were doing. By the end of the night it was hard to hide my "dislike" for such talk... let alone it happened in my house.
Those things do chase away the Spirit and it's comfort.

10th Nov, 2006 - 12:42am / Post ID: #

Saints With Commune

QUOTE (Superme)
...it was hard to hide my "dislike" for such talk... let alone it happened in my house.

Being that it is your house and you already showed your dislike for the talk why did you not do something about it rather than allow others to take over your home? They may respect you more for it and you will be able to commune with them next time rather than avoid them.

That is how I am with Members - matter-of-fact, in this way there are no mix ups, no misunderstandings and they know where I am coming from. Those looking for gossip hate me, those looking for someone they can count on love me.

Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2006 - 6:32pm / Post ID: #

Commune With The Saints
A Friend

Commune With The Saints

Personally, people in our ward here in England are struggling with these situations. There is gossip, and envy, and dislikes and our RS President tells the Bishop what to do. I have a very close friend that served in the RS presidency and she knew EVERYTHING that happened in our ward. She never kept a secret though. She would tell everyone's business to anyone that would listen. I love this woman, but I NEVER confide in her. Our ward suffers greatly from the lack of unity... There are people that don't talk to other people. I am a new member so I thought this was normal, until I asked a very close friend/member of the church. She said that it wasn't suppose to be like this. I look forward to going to church on Sunday's but when you feel that your ward/branch isn't unified and full of love, it's stressful. I don't want to be a part of it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Nov, 2006 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

Commune With Saints - Page 3

QUOTE (CrysGarcia @ 23-Nov 06, 2:32 PM)
look forward to going to church on Sunday's but when you feel that your ward/branch isn't unified and full of love, it's stressful. I don't want to be a part of it.

Believe me, I know how you feel. I am pretty sure is harder for you as a new member. Sometimes going to Church seems like "work" but when you think about the *real* reason for being there: Partaking of the Sacrament and Renewing your Covenants, you find yourself every single Sunday there, even with all the non-sense going on. undecided.gif

Post Date: 24th Nov, 2006 - 7:49am / Post ID: #

Commune With The Saints
A Friend

Commune With Saints Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 3

You are right, you do find yourself there EVERY Sunday, not worrying about other peoples problems. I had mentioned to my husband about moving so that we would be within the boundaries of a different ward, but when I really thought of the reasons I was there on Sundays, it was just like you said. I am there to partake of the Sacrament, renew my covenants, for my Heavenly Father, and for my personal and spiritual growth. It does make it easier knowing that not all wards are like this. smile.gif

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Commune With The Saints

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,