Commune With The Saints - Page 8 of 8

Things have not really changed even though - Page 8 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 1st Apr, 2011 - 5:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 8 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 
When you cannot commune with the Saints... what do you do?
Commune With The Saints Related Information to Commune With The Saints
12th Sep, 2008 - 6:06pm / Post ID: #

Commune With The Saints - Page 8

You are right, they need a leader to save them, one who is willing to stand for truth and justice and not give in to threats, murmurings and the easy way. Honestly, after a couple of decades, I think it is enough. I have done enough although there is always more you can do, I just want to save family now, that is my priority, I'm not interested in anything about the Church here despite their many calls for me to get involved, that is how turned off I am.

You need to go to the Trinidad & Tobago Boards and browse through that and the TTCrime Board to see the Banana Republic that we live in to really get an understanding of what we face. These people come from a different stock (see the history of Trinidad), they are not like the South Americans where you talk to them and they listen or try to pass it on... no, this stock takes what you say and turns are tries to destroy you.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Sep, 2008 - 10:51pm / Post ID: #

Commune With The Saints
A Friend

Saints With Commune

To what do you attribute your spiritual success? Why aren't you like the others there? Wealthy class, higher education, what? What caused you to not be able to commune with the other saints who are raised in TT?

13th Sep, 2008 - 2:40am / Post ID: #

Commune With The Saints Studies Doctrine Mormon

QUOTE (Amonhi)
To what do you attribute your spiritual success?

Spiritual success? I'm not the one with an election made sure. I do not consider myself spiritually successful at all. I do consider myself more aware, my perspective broader, my nature more mature and my discernment more acute than before.

Why I am not like the others has a lot to do with my experience, travel and the Lord exposing me to situations that allowed me privileges to feel things others do not.

In short, I was born to parents that did not like lower class thinking. We were pioneers here, my father was the first male baptized (1977) so I have seen the Church from just a few Members to its' huge establishment when we moved to Salt Lake when I was around the age of 9 for a year and a half. I served a mission in England under a great spiritual man that ran a mission and not a vacation as I see many missions run today. I could go on, but those are the main points.

21st Sep, 2008 - 11:18pm / Post ID: #

Page 8 Saints With Commune

QUOTE (Amonhi @ 11-Sep 08, 11:06 PM)
I mean for real who here doesn't hide their beliefs from the members of their ward or their leaders because they think they might be criticized or excommunicated?  I do.

Amonhi, why would you do that? I mean, you have your Call and Election Made Sure already, the Church has no "power" over you, can't do anything. Why would you hide your beliefs to other members of the Church? I have the feeling you don't care too much what other people think so it must be something else. Please share. Thanks.

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2008 - 6:21pm / Post ID: #

Commune With The Saints
A Friend

Saints With Commune

QUOTE (LDS_Forever)
Amonhi, why would you do that? I mean, you have your Call and Election Made Sure already, the Church has no "power" over you, can't do anything. Why would you hide your beliefs to other members of the Church? I have the feeling you don't care too much what other people think so it must be something else. Please share. Thanks.

Your quick. Good question. There are a number of reasons, first it is not for my salvation or exaltation but for theirs. Joseph Smith said if he told others who he was they would kill him, speaking to the apostles I think. He also told people that there were mysteries that he wanted to share but couldn't.

In a church where people think the doctrine of becoming a God is obscure and nearly as valid as the Adam-God-Theory, and the only doctrine taught regarding a heavenly mother came from Elisa R. Snow, not through the church channels and is also regarded as an obscure doctrine which makes missionaries cringe for their investigators, I already share things that make leaders cringe for their congregations.

Reason 1:
I could write an anti-Mormon book using true principles, (which neither the world nor the church is ready for ), which would be more effective than any I have read yet at driving others from the church. The LDS church is a mediator between the world and the Church of the First Born. It was designed to help people span the gap which could not be overcome without a preparatory gospel and priesthood. When people learn to rely on the Holy Ghost they can leave the milk and take on the meat by learning by faith rather than logic, proof and quotes. But, we are more focused on who said a thing than what was said. (The Quote Game where my stake president is trumped by your Mission President, But I have a prophet quote and that is the ace that beats all other quotes. Who cares what the spirit tells us, what matters is who said it, That makes it true...)

Reason 2:
Imagine: Send the doctrine that those with their calling and elections can no longer rely on the atonement of Christ and must suffer their own sins to be exalted to an anti-Mormon preacher. True doctrine that could be used to say we are the anti-Christ as in against the need for the atonement of Christ. That would go over well. And let's say that I were to start sharing such concepts in Gospel Doctrine class which is so many times more basic than this forum. There is a reason that you have created the Mature forum. Not only for your protection, but also for the protection of others who may not be ready to deal with doctrines which could cause them to go inactive.

Even people who are well educated in the church do not understand concepts like the transfer or authority, keys or blessings without the laying on of hands. In general most don't even know who "The One True God" is.

Reason 3:
People do not understand the covenants and blessings of the endowment. Why give them more to condemn them?

Reason 4:
Who am I to think I know so much. I have been wrong before and my ideas are only that. I at best teach the philosophies of men mingled with scripture. I may at best mingle more scripture in my philosophies than others. If people begin to look to me as an infallible authority, then I have not done my job. Replacing one authority with another does not help people progress unless the authority is the Witness of the spirit within them.

No good can come of giving revelations to others if they are not helping people focus on the inward voice or witness. As I speak I expect that much I say is witnessed by the spirit to those who read, or hear my words. The spirit cannot teach or even witness to us if we have already discounted what it would teach us. We need to believe all things to be open to learning at hyper speed. Until the spirit can witness of truth on a subject, teaching others things which they cannot receive witnesses on is damning as they will reject the deeper truths built on simpler truths already rejected.

Conclusion:
The rule of thumb with myself and other Angels you might meet is, "If you can ask the question, then you can receive the answer." If you can't comprehend the question, then you cannot comprehend the answers. We do not give except to the extent it can be received. There are things I have not been given for the same reasons. And so we all progress at our own rate. If something is given that we are not ready for, them it may be received, but later is veiled and thereby forgotten except that we know that we had received something. (Just can't remember what it was.)

All in all, I give out more than most I have met. I have never been told NOT to share anything except as above. I am willing to push the line as much as possible, (I"m sure you have noticed.) As far a scriptures relating to the above, you may find these interesting:

Prov. 25:2 -  It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

D&C 42:61  - If thou shalt ask, thou shalt receive revelation upon revelation, knowledge upon knowledge, that thou mayest know the mysteries and peaceable things-that which bringeth joy, that which bringeth life eternal.

John 16:23-24  -  And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
      Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

But you must know the name of Christ to ask in his name and receive. If you have ears to hear, you will have just heard a great secret.

22nd Sep, 2008 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #

Commune With The Saints

I would not share half of what we Discuss here with anyone in my Branch. I have tried to once before with a couple of people and have been amazed how disinterested they are about the Mysteries of God. Instead of getting excited they almost seem to be bored or worried that they might hear something that will shake their faith. I keep all my thoughts to here and share with only those who will listen, I mean really listen. Given the state of the Culture here I do not share with anyone.

Rather off topic, but...
Check the Thread "Amonhi's Submission", additionally please place a review in the Mature LDS Thread within the Deep Doctrine Board so others can know how exciting it is to learn here. Check your Rave Thread there too. I have a couple of questions for you. Update: HERE.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st Dec, 2009 - 1:11am / Post ID: #

Commune With Saints - Page 8

In order to keep my oldest son focus on sacrament meeting, I told him few weeks ago that for every time he hears the word "Jesus Christ" in Sacrament through the talks (prayers not included) he will get a treat. Well, for almost four weeks I was not able to give him a treat because the word Jesus Christ was not mentioned, not even once. No, I am not kidding.

We do hear though about the missionaries and the missionaries and the missionaries, wives talking bad about their husbands and viceversa, about what to bring for the next potluck activity and that we shouldn't be concern too much and "all the time" about our families and witnessing mothers beating their kids in the middle of sacrament (only way of discipline in Trinidad and when I say beat, I don't mean spanking!) between many other things.

I am feeling so stressed and the words of the hymn "Where Can I Turn For Peace" sound in my heart. We live such stressful lives that the only place where you think you could find solace, you cannot. Heartbreaking is an understatement.

1st Apr, 2011 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

Commune With Saints Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 8

Things have not really changed even though two years have passed since I last posted. Jesus Christ is not mentioned at all in sacrament meetings and most of the talks and testimonies are based on men.

Someone was recently called to a very high position, one that mistreats and mocks his wife in public, who tell parents in sacrament meeting that they don't care about their children and who mocks the weight of some sisters and compare them to air blimps in social networking sites. Not a gossip, I have seen it.

Yes, and members are supposed to meet him for spiritual advise.

I am truly sick of how the Church runs here and along with an extremely, I repeat extremely stressful life adding Church on top of is just beyond anything I ever experienced.

Right now, I am truly turned off and I reached the stage of "I don't care" to commune with the Saints anymore, I have enough on my plate.

+  « First of 8 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: Commune With The Saints

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,