Commune With The Saints - Page 2 of 8

[quote]It's inspired -- and inspirational - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 9th Nov, 2003 - 8:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (8) »
When you cannot commune with the Saints... what do you do?
Commune With The Saints Related Information to Commune With The Saints
26th Oct, 2003 - 9:28am / Post ID: #

Commune With The Saints - Page 2

[quote] I was praying so much to God that he may send a great leader to help the members here in Trinidad.[/quote]

I have never lived in such a situation, but have read of several, especially in England, around WWII.

This will appear to be offtopic, but it isn't.

Yesterday, I was going through a box full of books and papers from college.  I found a book that my great-grandfather gave to my grandfather and grandmother.  I had never even opened it up, although I have had it for over 18 years.  Yesterday I opened it and started to read it.  By the time I finished two chapters I was struck by the power of its message.

The name of the book is In His Steps.  It is a novel written over 100 years ago about a church in a large town.  The pastor and several members take on the challenge of always asking "what would Jesus do" in all aspects of their lives.  The results are extraordinary.

I just checked, the book is completely available online at https://www.ssnet.org/bsc/ihs/ihs.html

Now, what does this have to do with the topic?  Perhaps TT just needs some members, sisters as well as Priesthood brethren, who are willing to be Zion people.  Who are willing to ask, before doing anything, "what would Jesus do?"

Actually, when I think about it, that is probably what each of us needs.  Someone (ourselves) who will ask this question, then abide by the answer.

What an interesting subject to ponder  :o

NightHawk

Sponsored Links:
26th Oct, 2003 - 8:59pm / Post ID: #

Saints With Commune

[quote]Perhaps TT just needs some members, sisters as well as Priesthood brethren, who are willing to be Zion people.  Who are willing to ask, before doing anything, "what would Jesus do?" [/quote]
Exactly.

[quote] Actually, when I think about it, that is probably what each of us needs.  Someone (ourselves) who will ask this question, then abide by the answer.[/quote]
Yes again. I believe that the problem is 'numbers'. For instance... if you were in a room of 100 members and 95 were zion seekers then you would feel good about being there, but how about if it were only 50 being zion keepers? Then the pressure might be a bit tight, how about if it were only 10 out of the hundred that were even interested in zion? You would start to feel alone wouldn't you?

I know what LDS is trying to say. When you begin to 'meet' a lot of people who don't seem to be interested in the things of God you begin to think, 'Wait, what am I doing here if I cannot find people to commune with?'

27th Oct, 2003 - 2:48pm / Post ID: #

Commune With The Saints Studies Doctrine Mormon

Nighthawlk, yes I agree with you. I will check that book online too. I'm very glad that other people on this forum have not experience what I'm talking about.

[quote] I know what LDS is trying to say. When you begin to 'meet' a lot of people who don't seem to be interested in the things of God you begin to think, 'Wait, what am I doing here if I cannot find people to commune with?'[/quote]

That's exactly how I feel! and has nothing to do with my testimony about the Savior but I do feel the need of communing with the Saints! of share doctrinal knowledge, talk about our feelings about the Church and how to uplift one another! it is amazing to me that I'm doing it all here, through the internet. Don't think I don't like it, I do smile.gif is just that every sunday I want to be able to feel that closeness with the members too....I feel sometimes like I'm the one different (I'm sure I'm not, there are others who feel the same way). When the world has so many bad things going on you look in the Church for support, love, understanding...a refuge in times of storm or pressures of every daily life but when you go to Church is like a 'work' always something happens, always somebody tells you something, or you see crazy things going on without nobody noticing it...then nobody asks you meaninfully how you're doing and is impossible not to feel somehow as a 'stranger' in your own Church.
The District Presidency changed yesterday and big challenges are upon this brethren now, I don't expect miracles...because personally I think this situation is going to change only when people realizes really why they go to Church for....

2nd Nov, 2003 - 12:27pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Saints With Commune

Today, I couldn't commune with the saints in church because my grandson is sick, so I spent the morning on this board.  It helped me to feel a part of a community while in my home.

2nd Nov, 2003 - 2:44pm / Post ID: #

Saints With Commune

[quote] It helped me to feel a part of a community while in my home.[/quote]
Thanks, I actually feel very enlightened by all of your (everyone that contributes in the LDS section) comments, inputs, etc. I believe I have learned more here in such a short time than I do at regular Church service. Today a Brother and I were discussing how the Church here is always 'rediscovering the Book of Mormon' or 'rediscovering the Truth' so they never move forward. The Church is so young here and the older members that know better do not really encourage the younger members in 'the ways of the Gospel' or to be interested in the Doctrine. We have a long way to go. It is good to have this community of friends where we can communicate about the Gospel. Thanks to all of you.

2nd Nov, 2003 - 3:49pm / Post ID: #

Commune With The Saints

[quote] Today, I couldn't commune with the saints in church because my grandson is sick, so I spent the morning on this board.  It helped me to feel a part of a community while in my home.[/quote]

Awww...I hope your grandson feels well soon. smile.gif Its nice to know the board helped you to be part of the community of the Saints. Actually like JB said, I also feel so uplifted every time I read all the posts of the people who contribute in this LDS board. You all inspire me to read more, to study more, to research more...You all don't know how grateful I am of being part of all this. Thank you! smile.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Nov, 2003 - 7:26pm / Post ID: #

Commune With Saints - Page 2

JB said [quote] It is good to have this community of friends where we can communicate about the Gospel. Thanks to all of you. [/quote]

LDS_Forever said [quote]You all inspire me to read more, to study more, to research more...You all don't know how grateful I am of being part of all this. Thank you! [/quote]

Thanks to *YOU TWO* for putting this all together.  It's amazing to me this vast Forum of different ideas and ways of thinking.  It's inspired -- and inspirational to me.

Roz

9th Nov, 2003 - 8:21pm / Post ID: #

Commune With Saints Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

[quote]It's inspired -- and inspirational to me.[/quote]
Wow. That has to be the highest praise we have received for this forum next to seeing Msslm and her family being baptized through it as well. I am personally humbled by it. Thank you.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Commune With The Saints

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,