Doctrine Earth's Life - Page 2 of 4

[quote]Thanks Farseer, this happens when you - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 1st Nov, 2003 - 11:35am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
The earth lives as well, so does it need ordinances performed upon it?
Post Date: 28th Jul, 2003 - 6:00pm / Post ID: #

Doctrine Earth's Life
A Friend

Doctrine Earth's Life - Page 2

the church i think does not have an official position on the life of the earth.

Sponsored Links:
1st Sep, 2003 - 3:26am / Post ID: #

Life Earths Doctrine

[quote]the church i think does not have an official position on the life of the earth.[/quote]
Well, I have to disagree with you there.  There are plenty of scriptural references to the life of the earth, particulary in the D&C.  Just look in your Topical Guide under "Earth, Destiny of" or heck, even the Articles of Faith #10 says earth will be renewed and receive paradisiacal glory.

That's an official position.

Roz

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2003 - 11:34am / Post ID: #

Doctrine Earth's Life
A Friend

Doctrine Earth's Life Studies Doctrine Mormon

Wow! We have some very distinguished members of this forum! Great websites Anne and Nephiproject!! I enjoyed reading both....Thank you for your insights and inspiration!! =)

Post Date: 31st Oct, 2003 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

Doctrine Earth's Life
A Friend

Page 2 Life Earths Doctrine

I really like the graphics above!  They do give imagery to the ponderings of the signs of our times.   Would you consider the recent solar activity to be on the list of the signs of our times?
granny7

1st Nov, 2003 - 1:23am / Post ID: #

Life Earths Doctrine

[quote]Would you consider the recent solar activity to be on the list of the signs of our times?[/quote]
Thanks for your comment. What recent activity are you referring to exactly?

1st Nov, 2003 - 9:40am / Post ID: #

Doctrine Earth's Life

There have been solar flares/storms (coronal mass ejecta) of historic magnitude over the past couple of weeks.  Satellites have been "put to sleep" or turned so that the solar panels are at different angles to avoid damage.  There have been interruptions in some electricial and cell phone services, etc.  Awesome to see.

"The space squall comes on the heels of another solar storm that struck Wednesday. They were hurled in our direction hours earlier by two of the 20 most powerful solar flares on record.

"It's like the Earth is looking right down the barrel of a giant gun pointed at us by the sun ... and it's taken two big shots at us," said John Kohl of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics."

https://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/space/10/30/s...torm/index.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Nov, 2003 - 10:56am / Post ID: #

Doctrine Earth's Life - Page 2

Thanks Farseer, this happens when you don't have cable :smile.gif Well in answer to Granny7's question I would say these are all part of the signs as well as a reminder that we are really 'nothing' in the grand scheme of things. (Moses 1:10).

1st Nov, 2003 - 11:35am / Post ID: #

Doctrine Earth's Life Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

[quote]Thanks Farseer, this happens when you don't have cable :smile.gif [/quote] You are quite welcome.  Uh...  I don't have cable either smile.gif  I have INTERNET  ;D

[quote]Well in answer to Granny7's question I would say these are all part of the signs as well as a reminder that we are really 'nothing' in the grand scheme of things. (Moses 1:10). [/quote]

No doubt.  Scary too, to know that the earth will go through such upheavals...  If not in my lifetime, certainly in my kids'.

Roz

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Doctrine Earth's Life

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,