What do Celestial Beings look like?

What Celestial Beings Like - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 30th Oct, 2003 - 8:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
10th Jun, 2003 - 8:14am / Post ID: #

Have you ever wondered what we would look like in the next life. What our spirits looked like before taking on this body? Will we all be beautiful or handsome? If everyone is handsome or beautiful then what will be average? Will there be an average?

I do not have access to the direct quotes, but I do remember Joseph speaking about all the heavenly hosts looking 'similar', he did not say exactly alike, but similar. That their hair, eyes, skin etc is of a briliant white that we do not have on earth.

What are your thoughts on the subject?

Sponsored Links:
20th Jun, 2003 - 12:15am / Post ID: #

like Beings Celestial What

[quote]What are your thoughts on the subject? [/quote]

I think we will be just like we are now, only with the difference that we will not have 'physical' defects of any kinds, the blind will see, the mute will talk etc. But physically, I think we will be the same. The African will be African, the Spanish will be Spanish, the White will be white.

20th Jun, 2003 - 9:18am / Post ID: #

What do Celestial Beings look like? Studies Doctrine Mormon

[quote] The African will be African, the Spanish will be Spanish, the White will be white. Posted by: JB@Trinidad Posted o[/quote]
Are you talking about initially after we die or the long term? I know that we keep some similar identity when we die to what we are now, but you have think, before we came to earth, we were not 'African' or 'Spanish' or 'European'. I am sure we had a certain look for many centuries and it would be likely that we will want that 'look' back! This life is so short in the eternal perspective and so I think we will see our current body and features as a 'mask' or 'costume'.

20th Jun, 2003 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #

[quote]I know that we keep some similar identity when we die to what we are now, but you have think, before we came to earth, we were not 'African' or 'Spanish' or 'European'. I am sure we had a certain look for many centuries and it would be likely that we will want that 'look' back! This life is so short in the eternal perspective and so I think we will see our current body and features as a 'mask' or 'costume'. [/quote]

Hmmm...I don't know about that. I strongly feel we will look just the way we look right now (race included).

28th Oct, 2003 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #

[quote] Hmmm...I don't know about that. I strongly feel we will look just the way we look right now (race included).[/quote]
maybe upon death we keep a similar if not the same appearance as we do now, but not upon becoming celestial beings?

29th Oct, 2003 - 2:17pm / Post ID: #

[quote] maybe upon death we keep a similar if not the same appearance as we do now, but not upon becoming celestial beings?[/quote]

Yes, maybe true...who was the leader who had a vision and said we all look alike?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Oct, 2003 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #

What Celestial Beings like

This is interesting.  Aren't there scriptures that suggest that all celestialized beings are white (not caucasion, but actually white)?  I think that it is not politically correct now to say that all will be white.  I believe that perhaps people take take it that those who say we will all be white as celestialized beings mean or think that caucasions are the preferred race.  I am caucasion, however, my skin is not actually white. wink.gif  I think the problem may stem from the fact that many refer to caucasions as white, so we associate white in the celestialized sense as caucasion, but I don't think this is necessarily what will be.

Now, I really don't know what we will all look like after we are celestialized beings, but unless our current skin color/complexion is somehow tied to who we were when we were in the pre-existance, I don't see how we would keep it.  We talk of returning to live with our Father in Heaven.  Wouldn't we return as the same being that we left as, just with increased knowledge from our experiences and the gaining of a physically body.

Of course, since we didn't have physical bodies before we were born, and will as celesitial beings, I suppose it is equally possible those bodies will be the same color/complexion as they were here when we received them.  

I think this point could be argued successfully from either side.  I guess we probably won't know for sure until after it happens.  One thing I am sure of, what ever the end result, we will be happy and content with it because we will have perfect knowledge of why it is so.   smile.gif

30th Oct, 2003 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

What Celestial Beings like Mormon Doctrine Studies

[quote] I am caucasion, however, my skin is not actually white.  I think the problem may stem from the fact that many refer to caucasions as white, so we associate white in the celestialized sense as caucasion, but I don't think this is necessarily what will be. [/quote]
I believe the white here is referred to as a Celestial or brilliant white (like the sun), not the peach / pink flesh color that many refered to as 'white'. I would like to get out some references to this but do not have my CD working yet.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: What do Celestial Beings look like?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,